Sarah's SW Diary

I'd forgotten about skinny cow lollies til I noticed your food for yesteday. I hope I remember them when I write my shopping list.

Have a good day :D

tillymax said:
I'd forgotten about skinny cow lollies til I noticed your food for yesteday. I hope I remember them when I write my shopping list.

Have a good day :D

I've been looking for them for ages and finally found them in asda the other week. I love them, they taste like real ice-cream! :D x

I'm excited, as have had the first week in a long time where I've been absolutely 100% on plan, no slip ups, no panicked days of only having minimal syns to compensate for being naughty and pigging out. Just 100% on plan. I'm actually looking forward to weigh in tomorrow!

The boy's cooking me dinner tonight, which will also be rather lovely :) He's doing mussels. I'm not actually sure if I like them, I've only had them with other seafood in pasta dishes and thought they were ok, not nasty enough to warrant picking them out :giggle: Or the cooked ready to eat ones you can buy on the fish counter in the supermarket, which I didn't like. He's determined that I'll like them how he cooks them, so I'm giving them a go. I'm doing another EE day, purely so I don't have to weigh the mussels as a healthy extra or syn them, so the mussels will be free. Not sure what he's doing with them, so saving the majority of my syns for dinner tonight, just in case. Here's the plan:

Breakfast
Toasted wholemeal roll (HexB)
Tinned spaghetti (F)
Melon (SF)

Lunch
Baked sweet potato (F)
Low fat spread (2 syns)
30g cheese (HexA)
Pineapple (SF)

Dinner
Mussels (F)
Whatever else the boy cooks, and however many syns are in it! :)

Total: 2 syns + dinner

That might be my reaction to them too Tilly! I hope not, I'm having a hungry day today so if I don't like them and have now tea'll be a disaster!

Today is a new day. My sulk over my little gain is now over, and I have a fresh new attitude. My flatmate and I are having 'date night' tonight, and I woke up this morning thinking 'Sod it, I'm going to pig out and have a big fat burger and chips covered in cheesy sauce with coleslaw when I go out tonight.' Now after an hour lying in bed thinking about it, and a text from one of the women from group, I'm 110% back in the zone. If I stick to plan the weight has to come off right? That half pound was just a blip, but if I let it get to me and pig out, it will be joined by a few more half pounds next time. I'm in London next week so won't be at WI, so it's especially important not to let things slip. Doing another EE day, as it will make dinner out tonight easier. Here's the plan for today:

Breakfast
2 x Weetabix (HexB)
Mullerlight greek style yogurt (0.5 syn)
Melon (SF)

Lunch
SW chips (F)
30g cheese (HexA)
Mushrooms (SF)
Extra light mayo (0.5 syn)
Pineapple (SF)

Dinner
Tuna steak (F)
Jacket potato (F)
Salad (SF)
Butter (3.5 syns)

Snack
Animal biscuits (5 syns)

Total: 9.5 syns

I feel.like I've gained about half a stone today. The only thing I've eaten that was remotely on plan was the crayfish roll that I had for breakfast. Unfortunately it was followed by a bag of crisps and 2 biscuits (11 syns). The boy and I went for a walk at Salcey Forest, which was lovely, but then I had a piece of chocolate fudge cake and a milkshake in the café (I dread to think how many syns!). Also, it's the boy's Mum's birthday, so we had an indian takeaway at his brother's (which I only ate half of) and then went for a few drinks. We then ended up at her friend's house for cake, which I didn't want but felt it would bet too rude to decline! I've just got in bed and still feel far too full. Bleurgh :(

Must be good tomorrow.

Today is going to be a good food day. Only a few syns to claw back some of yesterday's naughtiness. Doing EE again as I have fish for tea. Here's the plan:

Edited to change food plan and gone from a EE day to green, as timings meant original plan was not possible!

Breakfast
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Low fat spread (2 syns)
Marmite (F)
Cucumber (SF)
Grapes (SF)

Lunch
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
30g cheese (HexA)

Dinner
Jacket potato (F)
Baked beans (F)
Melon (SF)
Free mayo :D (F)
Low fat spread (3 syns)

Total: 5 syns

Last edited:
My demons have come out to play. So far this week I've actually only managed one day on plan. Saturday was fine, I followed the plan I put up on here, until I went out to meet the boy and his mate in the evening. Neither of them had eaten, so we ended up going for food, so I ended up having 2 dinners. If they'd just gone to the chip shop or something it would have been fine, but we went to the Vietnamese restaurant, so I couldn't not have anything. So, on top of Saturday's plan was about a million prawn crackers, some rice and a prawn curry. I didn't eat all that much of the curry as I was way too full, but enough for it to have taken me over my syns again. Sunday I woke up with a horrible stomach ache from having eaten far too much. It had gone by lunch time though, luckily, as was having dinner at my Dad's with my Grandma for Mother's day. Dinner was fish casserole, with cream in the sauce, mashed potato (with butter and milk) and hot white crust rolls with butter, followed by baked apples and home-made ice cream. Then I had some chocolate when I got home.

Yesterday was the real bad day though, I had a proper binge and literally ate anything I could get my hands on. I think I ate 4 breakaways, a bag of animal biscuits, 3 mini green & blacks chocolate bars, a bag of crisps and 2 pink and whites. On top of breakfast (fruit & fibre, grapes and yogurt), lunch (smash, beans and 30g cheese) a snack (mugshot and wholemeal roll) and dinner (macaroni cheese on toast). Not good.

Trying to have a good day today though, as I know tomorrow won't be on plan (going to London), then think I might try a success express week to get back on track before I WI next week. We'll see.

Day one of my SE week, and here's the food:

Breakfast
35g fruit & fibre (HexB)
Grapes (FS)
Vanilla mullerlight (F)

Lunch
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Cucumber (SF)
2 x Plums (SF)
Strawberries (SF)
Mullerlight greek yogurt (0.5 syn)

Dinner
Lentil & Mushroom loaf (HexA/F/SF)
New potatoes (F)
Green beans (SF)
Brocolli (SF)
Gravy (3.5 syns)

Total: 4.5 syns

May have to have something else to bring the syns up a bit, but don't know what yet. Will update later.

Here's the plan for day 2 of the SE week.

Breakfast
Toasted wholemeal roll (HexB)
Tinned tomatoes (SF)
Brown sauce (1 syn)

Lunch
Tin tuna (F)
Extra light mayo (1.5 syns)
Lettuce (SF)
Tomato (SF)
Cucumber (SF)
Sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syns)
Cold new potatoes (F)
30g cheese (HexA)
2 x Alpen lights (HexB)

Dinner
Trout fillet (F)
Low fat spread (2 syns)
Garlic (SF)
'Roasted' BNS (SF)
Strawberries (SF)

Snacks
Kitkat chunky (13 syns) whoops!

Total: 19 syns

Last edited:
Warning to anyone reading this, it may be a bit of a ramble - I've got a lot in my head that needs to come out!

I'm back. I disappeared because I didn't really feel like I had anything worth writing on here, but I've been thinking a lot and now feel like I need to get my thoughts written down and into order to make sense of them and decide where to go next. I've been off plan for about half the week, and really didn't care. I was eating junk that I didn't even want, just because I could. I didn't weigh in last week, so I've had 2 weeks between weigh ins. The first week was almost a total write-off, with I think only one day where I ate properly, 3 days where I was ok-ish, and the other 3 were a total nightmare. This week I was really good for 4 days, and the other 3 were rubbish. I managed to scrape a 1.5lb loss at weigh in last night, which I was pretty amazed by I have to say.

I've been thinking a lot about my current weight loss situation over the past week. I've kind of been stuck in a bit of a rut lately, losing a pound here and there, and gaining the odd half pound too, just hovering around the same weight. This was really frustrating me, as I was convinced that I was sticking to plan and the weight just wasn't shifting. So, I then told myself that I'd probably got to where I was going to be, and that I would just have to accept it and carry on at the weight I am now. Having thought about it a lot the past few days, I've come to the conclusion that I've actually been sabotaging myself by thinking that I was stuck, and it has caused me to be naughty, which is actually why the weight hasn't been moving. I've been having the odd bit of chocolate, or packet of crisps, or biscuit or whatever, and convincing myself that one won't hurt. One by itself probably wouldn't, but when you look at the big picture, a couple every day add up and they really do matter. I need to regain my control over this weight loss, I really want to lose this last bit, and it's definitely there to go, so my body shouldn't be stuck yet. I know there is a point where my metabolism has to catch up, so I accept that I may be there, which is why my losses may be a bit smaller, but it doesn't mean that I'm stuck permanently and can give up and become deflated. I will get to target!

I've also noticed over the last week or so that I've been craving meat. I woke up last weekend and really wanted a bacon sandwich. Sunday we went for a picnic, and the boy had some chicken bite things, which I was also tempted by. I stopped eating meat 4 years ago, and this is the first time since that I've even remotely wanted it at all. Now, I didn't stop eating meat because of animal cruelty, or anything like that, I stopped eating meat because my body told me too - I didn't like the taste or texture of it any more, and I didn't like the way I felt after I ate it. I've always been a big believer in listening to what the body wants and following it. I think it's possible that the past few weeks my body has been trying to tell me it wants meat, and I've been misreading the cravings and eating junk to try and cover them up. I've been eating junk that I didn't really want, and I've been feeling rubbish because of this. I want to think seriously about it before I start eating meat again, but now I'm aware that it might be what my body wants I can listen clearly to what it's telling me and then make the decision.

So, there's my ramble, which may or may not make sense, but writing it all down has helped me organise my thoughts a bit, which will go a long way into getting me back on track. I may start eating meat again in the next week or so, in which case more EE days will start to appear in my plans. A lot of what I eat will probably stay the same, as I love my meat-free foods, and it's a cheaper way of living, but we'll see. I just need to listen to my body and take stock.

Here's today's food plan:

Breakfast
Nectarine (SF)
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Meat free burger (0.5 syn)
Ketchup (1 syn)

Lunch
Jacket potato (F)
Low fat spread (2 syns)
60g cheese (HexA + HexB)
Low fat salad cream (2 syns)