Sarah's Target & 10K Mission

Aww thanks GemGem, that's really kind of you.

Well I've had 3 rather naughty weeks off plan while I enjoyed an amazing but very indulgent Christmas break. I was worrying about what my gain would be but then OH and I got the norovirus a couple of days ago. And what a vile virus it is - I've never been so poorly! But I'm always one to find the silver lining and the bonus is that I've lost all but 1/2lb of my Christmas gain! So that leaves me 4lbs to go to get into the 9s. I'm taking OH on a surprise trip to Rome for his birthday on 25 Jan so am hoping to be in the 9s by then. Have got a couple of nights out which will try to derail me but I will try and drive so that I'm not tempted by booze calories and I'll plan meals in advance :)

Hope everyone has had a fab Christmas and new year. Let's hope 2013 sees all our SW dreams come true!

Welcome back MissC :)

You will get to target before you know it, you look great already so you'll be even more stunning by the time you do.
Have a lovely New Year's Day, glad you feel better. xx

Right, back on plan today although feeling weak as a kitten so not sure how much I'm going to manage to eat!

Plan is green day:
B - 1/2 banana and bran flakes to munch (2/3 hexb1)
Lunch - tomato mug shot with tomatoes, peppers, peas and 1/2 hexa1 cheese
Dinner - omelette with veggies and hexa cheese
1/3 curly wurly (2.5 syns), 50ml low fat ice cream (2.5 syns) with frozen raspberries

Hmm, having written that out I now feel a bit queasy again so let's just see how we go!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Right, back on plan today although feeling weak as a kitten so not sure how much I'm going to manage to eat!

Plan is green day:
B - banana and bran flakes (hexb1)
Lunch - tomato mug shot with tomatoes, peas and 1/2 hexa1 cheese
Dinner - omelette with veggies and hexa cheese

Hmm, having written that out I now feel a bit queasy again so let's just see how we go!!

Food looks good, hope you manage to eat it all xx

Thanks hun.

Had half a banana and about 1/3 of my bran flakes during the morning. Managed my mugshot but feeling a but delicate now :(

Hope you've managed to be super strong today :D xx

Thursday (so glad it's almost Friday already!!)

Still feeling pretty delicate so taking it easy again.

B - banana and a mixed 30g of All Bran Golden Crunch and Weetabix Choc Minis
L - mugshot
D - feeling dodgy again so just had a pint of squash!
Snacks - 2 Celebrations (4 syns)

I know I'm not being 100% at the mo, but I'm eating what I can manage...

Last edited:
Thursday (so glad it's almost Friday already!!)

Still feeling pretty delicate so taking it easy again.

B - banana and a mixed 30g of All Bran Golden Crunch and Weetabix Choc Minis
L - mugshot with peppers, tomatoes and 1/2 hexa cheese
D - tbc as cupboards are bare. Marmite pasta maybe?

Marmite pasta? I think the fact that Friday is close is the only thing that's getting me through! x

Me too! Am shattered!

Marmite pasta is a nigella recipe - amazing! Marmite melted with a little low fat spread (synned - she obviously uses butter!) which you mix with cooked spaghetti and Parmesan shavings. Yum! Xx

Me too! Am shattered!

Marmite pasta is a nigella recipe - amazing! Marmite melted with a little low fat spread (synned - she obviously uses butter!) which you mix with cooked spaghetti and Parmesan shavings. Yum! Xx

Mmmmm, this does sound nice :p x

Ugh, really not wanting to go to work today. Worked from home yesterday as I felt poorly still and loads of stuff kicked off - definitely feeling the need to get out now so spent all evening job hunting! Problem is, this place has really shaken my confidence and makes me wonder what I want to move on to. Maybe taking a step down from senior management and away from some of the stress would be a good thing...at least for a while. At the moment I feel like going to the doctor and getting signed off with stress so I don't have to go back, which is really cowardly of me.

At least it's Friday today so I can have the weekend to try and chill. Got a meeting planned for Tuesday which is gonna be other departments beating up mine and I'm dreading. Although I'm trying to tell myself not to care because I'll be out of there soon enough! Here's hoping anyway.

Not feeling hungry again today but will try:
B - bran flakes and banana
L - muller light. 1/2 slice of sesame snap (2 syns)
D - chicken and salad
Snacks - 2 celebrations (4 syns)

Last edited:
Awwww Sarah :( Its horrible when you start to feel like that isnt it. Did you end up going in to work?
xx

Yeah I did. It's quiet today, which is a relief, and I'm at meetings at Heathrow this afternoon so I won't be here for too long.

I keep telling myself I shouldn't get worked up about things, but several major mistakes in a massive print job happened while I was away on Jury Service so my team are getting massively beaten up over it and there's a huge process review taking place. That part of the job is something I never wanted to get involved in anyway, but it seems like it's become my entire role, so I think I need to escape. Have been applying for lots of other stuff - there seems a fair amount out there, so hopefully something will come up soon. I haven't been massively happy here since I started, and honestly didn't even think I'd last 3 months, but 16 months later, here I am, and I've had some brilliant opportunities whilst I've been here. There's also a big restructure going on and I don't like the way some other members of the management team are being treated.

Crikey, that was a bit of a rant! Anyway, yes, up shot is onwards to bigger and better things :)

Hope you're feeling a bit better today my lovely. We've made it to Friday!

xx

Im glad that now your there its not as bad as you were fearing. We are at work so much of our time that its really imporatant that we are happy were we are. Ive been in jobs where ive been terriified of going in (not good)
Is there anyone there that you can talk to?
Try not to let it get to you too much and dont lose confidence in yourself.

And yes its Friday!!!!! :p xx

It's a relatively small company so no HR to speak of, so there isn't really much support. It's the first job where I've been in such a senior position and ultimately responsible for such huge deliverables. I guess it's a bit overwhelming and there's a big blame culture here so instead of learning and moving on, you tend to get beaten up over things, which just isn't healthy.

Ugh god, now someone else at work has gone down with a sickness bug and so the GM has called us all round and given us a lecture about being super careful about hand washing etc. And I kinda feel like it was aimed at me because people know I had it at new year. I did the usual waiting 48 hours before going back to work - what more could I have done? I would have been frowned upon for taking more time off sick. Grr. Just can't win. Maybe I'm just being oversensitive, but really do feel like I'd be better off out of here!

Anyway, enough moaning! I'm only here for another 90 minutes then I've got hopefully-not-too-taxing meetings for the rest of the run into the weekend.

Hope your day flies by too, lovely lady, and thank you so much for being so supportive :) xx

I wouldn't worry too much, if you stayed off 48 hours there is nothing more you could do. If they want to blame you then let them get on with it. :)

Hey there. I was in the same position as u (not management) but u were frowned @ 4 bein off sick but told u shouldn't there when u make the effort 2 go in! I loved the job but the ppl were cliquey & *****y which is just not me. Luckily i got 'poached' after applyin 4 shop & new boss recognised my name & company. I have nvr looked back & i am pretty much left 2 get on. Hope u find wot u r looking 4 but chin up in meantime & something will come along :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Hey there. I was in the same position as u (not management) but u were frowned @ 4 bein off sick but told u shouldn't there when u make the effort 2 go in! I loved the job but the ppl were cliquey & *****y which is just not me. Luckily i got 'poached' after applyin 4 shop & new boss recognised my name & company. I have nvr looked back & i am pretty much left 2 get on. Hope u find wot u r looking 4 but chin up in meantime & something will come along :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Thank you lovely. Got a call about an amazing sounding job last night so fingers crossed change is on its way :) x

Going to be out all day today so not sure what food I've got in store. Hopefully we will go for lunch somewhere I can have a jacket spud. Then house party in the evening so there will be nibbles but I will be virtuous and resist! Am driving so no booze syns at least!

Back