Sarah's Target & 10K Mission

Thanks girls. Had another 'aura' attack at work so have come home to sleep. My mum gets them too so called in at hers and got one of her strong tablets. Didn't sleep well last night but hopefully will now I've taken this. Feeling pretty sick and yuck so don't think fast day will be a problem as all I fancy is water. Love you girls for being so supportive xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hope you feel better soon my lovely, so pleased you found the creme egg cones, they are amazing for a cheeky 3.5 syn fix xx

Hey Saraaaaaaaaahhhhhh! Long time! Again. Lol.

I haven't been about as been dealing with getting my new insulin pump etc over the last 6 weeks or so and had enough to deal with! Decided to get back on here though as just reading through diaries helps motivate me again!

I really enjoyed my running last year too, I have had to wait to get the go ahead to start exercising again...but I can now so will be dusting off my trainers and getting back out there, building up to 5k as soon as I can! So glad you are enjoying it too! :D

We have a holiday booked, 8 weeks on Friday and a posh wedding in August so my realistic target for holiday is to lose a stone, and hopefully another few lbs beyond that for this wedding!

Poor you. :( hope you manage to sleep it off. If you wake up better eat what you fancy to get your strength up again xx

Hey hunni.. Sorry to hear about your migraine, this happened to me when I first started running..

Things doc told me..
Watch what you are doing with your mouth, I realised I clenched my teeth.. At regular intervals when running now I put my tongue to roof of mouth .. You can't clench then ..

Check your form, people tend to tense shoulders ..
Make sure the day before run if running in the morning you are suitably hydrated and you have eaten properly

If poss eat at least an hour and a half before run... Low blood sugar can bring on migraine .. Even a glass of fruit juice would help

I am ok when running now, but avoid first thing in morning xxx

Hey hunni.. Sorry to hear about your migraine, this happened to me when I first started running.. Things doc told me.. Watch what you are doing with your mouth, I realised I clenched my teeth.. At regular intervals when running now I put my tongue to roof of mouth .. You can't clench then .. Check your form, people tend to tense shoulders .. Make sure the day before run if running in the morning you are suitably hydrated and you have eaten properly If poss eat at least an hour and a half before run... Low blood sugar can bring on migraine .. Even a glass of fruit juice would help I am ok when running now, but avoid first thing in morning xxx

Thanks so much for this Lisa - this is so reassuring. Glad it's not just me! I'm definitely a morning person so not sure how I'm going to get round it but will definitely try running later and see if it helps. I try to be conscious of my shoulders but hasn't thought about teeth! Xxx

Plus side - scales are saying 10.5 right now. Hello healthy bmi!

Mostly though I'm terrified to go downstairs into the light in case my head kicks off again. Stressing about work too as lots of emails and missed calls on the blackberry but they are going to have to wait til tomorrow.

xxx

Plus side - scales are saying 10.5 right now. Hello healthy bmi! Mostly though I'm terrified to go downstairs into the light in case my head kicks off again. Stressing about work too as lots of emails and missed calls on the blackberry but they are going to have to wait til tomorrow. xxx Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Don't stress about work chick it can most definitely wait.

Maybe try and have a nice warm comforting tea, soup? You've got enough calories xxxx

Thanks so much for this Lisa - this is so reassuring. Glad it's not just me! I'm definitely a morning person so not sure how I'm going to get round it but will definitely try running later and see if it helps. I try to be conscious of my shoulders but hasn't thought about teeth! Xxx Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have to admit when I do mid morning or even during day runs I have much more energy..have a read up and I am sure you could find some snacks to have that won't interfere xx

Oh gorgeous I really hope you're ok...sounds horrid (even with the silver lining of an easy fast day!) did you improve by this evening?!
Ignore the stupid bb....health is more important!
some great advice Above with the running too! Xxx

How are you feeling sweetheart? xxxx

Hey girls, after a lot of drugs and a lot of sleep, I think I'm feeling a little better. Not going to work but thankfully my boss has been great.

Definitely feel steadier this morning although my head and neck are quite sore to touch which is odd! Currency laying in bed with the windows wide open getting some fresh air. Going to take it super easy and hope to be back on form tomorrow.

Green day today:
B - muller Greek and strawbs (1/2)
L - scrambled egg with hexb1 wholemeal roll
D - quorn chilli (thank you frozen leftovers!!) with rice, hexa cheese and salad
Snacks - 2 pink wafers (4), flump (2)

Scales said 10.4 this morning - guess there has it be a plus side to this much pain!!

Happy hump days beautiful ladies xxxxx

Last edited:
Good to know you're feeling a little more aloe sweetheart. I think having the windows open and getting fresh air is a wonderful idea particularly if the weather is as glorious with you as it is up here! xxxx.

Hey girls, after a lot of drugs and a lot of sleep, I think I'm feeling a little better. Not going to work but thankfully my boss has been great. Definitely feel steadier this morning although my head and neck are quite sore to touch which is odd! Currency laying in bed with the windows wide open getting some fresh air. Going to take it super easy and hope to be back on form tomorrow. Green day today: B - muller Greek and strawbs (1/2) L - scrambled egg with hexb1 wholemeal roll D - quorn chilli (thank you frozen leftovers!!) with rice, hexa cheese and salad Snacks - 2 pink wafers (4), flump (2) Scales said 10.4 this morning - guess there has it be a plus side to this much pain!! Happy hump days beautiful ladies xxxxx

Migraines are so awful. I struggled with them before running and take preventive tablets daily , but still get one every couple of months .. It's ridiculous to think how much they disrupt your every day living .. Hope as the day has gone on you have felt better xx

Migraines are so awful. I struggled with them before running and take preventive tablets daily , but still get one every couple of months .. It's ridiculous to think how much they disrupt your every day living .. Hope as the day has gone on you have felt better xx

You poor thing; they really are awful. I suffered with them a lot about 6 years ago but eventually the doctor realised my pill was causing them so I got a coil instead and they stopped almost completely. You forget how terrible they are until you get another little cluster of them xxx

Still ouchy hard and feel sick this morning. This is getting silly now. Have a telephone appointment with the doctor this afternoon so will see what he says. Getting a bit worried about work stuff and assume that's not helping!

Was due a fast day today but don't think that's a good idea! Not sure what we have in though so will have to update food later xxx

Back