Sarah's Weight Loss Diary

Well done on loosing your Christmas gain so quickly hun... I'm destined to drag mine out for another few weeks I think with one thing and another! :( Still just about back on plan properly now I think :)

Hey guys - had a really good weekend food wise. Shopping was a disaster as I just wasn't in the mood to shop. Been grumpy for days now and it must be hormonal as I know that I shouldn't be and have no reason to be - just am!!

Yesterday I ate out on plan and had a takeaway on plan... indian - was yum! Had a shashlick with boiled rice, a teeny bit of paratha and some chickpea dhal on the side.
12546242_10153836059528718_1731214632_o.jpg

todays food

B - shreddies (HeB), milk (part HeA) & a pear
snack - banana
L - Jacket potato, beans and cheese (Part HeA) & pear
D - Sweet and sour pork (1syn)

Total syns today - gonna aim for just the one but if i feel i need something later I shall update.
Not feeling confident for WI tomorrow as I hopped on the scales (know i shouldn't!) yesterday and its showing a gain on 2lbs?!

I have been SO good this week. Maybe new year is catching up with me? :(

That takeaway looks lush. Fingres crossed for WI, I'm sure you'll be ok, I find if I've eaten a large meal just before ot even the night before I weigh I tend to not do as well. x

'scuse me copying and pasting this but I'm in a grump today...

Im feeling very deflated and grumpy this morning as I hopped on the scales and its def showing a gain of 2lbs?! I have been an angel this week and i completely don't deserve this. It will most likely dwindle to a maintain as the day goes on if my body behaves how it behaves every other week. I just don't get it. I have been a moody beeeeep (they won't show the word i want to write!) for days - so it must be hormonal as this is just not like me. Its upsetting and frustrating and I'm even considering going to my group but not weighing in and weighing thursday. I'll let you all know what I decide.

I so badly wanted to break into the 10s today and have found this stone bracket the hardest to shift. I made sure I had a light tea last night of sweet and sour pork with LOADS of speed foods and BNS spaghetti. I ended the day on 1syn!

Today - I just feel like stuffing my face but equally I know that if I want any sort of result next week then I need to just stick at it!

grrrrrrrrrr - thats all I have to say about that!

Hi, saw you on another thread and after noticing your success thought it would be a diary that I could definitely learn from! I'm so impressed by your commitment!

Good luck at weigh in today, it probably is hormonal and even if you do get a gain today then I bet you will lose double next week if you stick to plan - I often find that, so hard not to let it get you down though.

Good luck again :)

Oh hun – keep your chin up *big hugs*

I know you’ve said you had BNS spaghetti last night but have you tried cutting down the carbs on other days? I always find that gives me weight loss a good kick up the backside. I would definitely still go to group – there may be some people with other suggestions as to why your weight loss has plateaued? We all have our down days – just come on here for a rant whenever you need to!

Hey gorgeous,

Thank you so much for your best wishes and luck for my interview, everyone has been so amazing it's quite overwhelming! Saw your post and I'm not sure if you did weigh in or not but whatever the result, hope you're ok. Whilst I've never been that weight ( not that I can ever remember ) I know what it's like wanting a result and being good all week only to find you've stayed the same or equally you've put on and it's like what?! Whatever the result is, if it's a gain and you know you don't deserve it, don't let it change your mood or mindset, I know you're down and grumpy at the moment, and I'm sure seeing a loss might get you out of your funk but try not to focus on the numbers. Have another good week, maybe even add an SP day or two to really give you that push into your next stone bracket. Hopefully what you should of got this week will piggyback onto next week and it will be a fantastic loss.

Something my old consultant said once when someone thought they didn't deserve to gain, was asking the person how they felt before they got on the scales, did they think they had a good week? The woman said yes, she was excited and knew she had been good so just naturally assumed it would show on the scales. She then asked her how she feels now seeing the result. The woman had said she felt a bit upset and down and my old consultant had said to her that before she saw the scales, she felt good and that is just as important as what the scales says if not more so and that she might not of deserved the gain/staying the same, but she doesn't deserve to beat herself up over the scales not saying what they should have, that she needed to stick to plan for another week and focus on feeling good and being motivated by her dedication to plan the food etc and I tell you what, I still think about that when the scales don't say what I want them too. Sometimes it's due to * week or sometimes it's water and SOMETIMESSSS i'll be bad the next week and I'll get a loss that I didn't honestly deserve and my body will even itself out. so whilsts I know you're feeling down and grumpy anyway, don't focus on the scales this week, you know what you've eaten, you know you've been good so have another good week and hopefully it will rejig itself and show next weigh in.

Lots of love and support :) Keep smiling Sarah! xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, saw you on another thread and after noticing your success thought it would be a diary that I could definitely learn from! I'm so impressed by your commitment!

Good luck at weigh in today, it probably is hormonal and even if you do get a gain today then I bet you will lose double next week if you stick to plan - I often find that, so hard not to let it get you down though.

Good luck again :)

Thank you for popping by and HELLOOOO :D

I blooming hate hormones, its not fair! I did have a gain (for no reason!) but i didn't let it get me down (well not for long anyway!) and I'm still on plan and still working my way to my target!

I don't know if you will learn anything from me but you might have a giggle along the way!!

Oh hun – keep your chin up *big hugs*

I know you’ve said you had BNS spaghetti last night but have you tried cutting down the carbs on other days? I always find that gives me weight loss a good kick up the backside. I would definitely still go to group – there may be some people with other suggestions as to why your weight loss has plateaued? We all have our down days – just come on here for a rant whenever you need to!

Thanks lovely - I do try to limit my carbs to one meal a day when I can. I don't think my losses have plateaued as such, I think I just had a very odd hormonal week. We shall see form my result next week if they are or aren't I guess!

I did go to group and wasn't the lively person i normally am, but was nice to see people. I didn't come away as motivated as i normally do but oh well. Im still here and I'm still on plan :)

Thanks, but you might regret saying that when I'm ranting all over the shop!! hahaha

Hey gorgeous,

Thank you so much for your best wishes and luck for my interview, everyone has been so amazing it's quite overwhelming! Saw your post and I'm not sure if you did weigh in or not but whatever the result, hope you're ok. Whilst I've never been that weight ( not that I can ever remember ) I know what it's like wanting a result and being good all week only to find you've stayed the same or equally you've put on and it's like what?! Whatever the result is, if it's a gain and you know you don't deserve it, don't let it change your mood or mindset, I know you're down and grumpy at the moment, and I'm sure seeing a loss might get you out of your funk but try not to focus on the numbers. Have another good week, maybe even add an SP day or two to really give you that push into your next stone bracket. Hopefully what you should of got this week will piggyback onto next week and it will be a fantastic loss.

Something my old consultant said once when someone thought they didn't deserve to gain, was asking the person how they felt before they got on the scales, did they think they had a good week? The woman said yes, she was excited and knew she had been good so just naturally assumed it would show on the scales. She then asked her how she feels now seeing the result. The woman had said she felt a bit upset and down and my old consultant had said to her that before she saw the scales, she felt good and that is just as important as what the scales says if not more so and that she might not of deserved the gain/staying the same, but she doesn't deserve to beat herself up over the scales not saying what they should have, that she needed to stick to plan for another week and focus on feeling good and being motivated by her dedication to plan the food etc and I tell you what, I still think about that when the scales don't say what I want them too. Sometimes it's due to * week or sometimes it's water and SOMETIMESSSS i'll be bad the next week and I'll get a loss that I didn't honestly deserve and my body will even itself out. so whilsts I know you're feeling down and grumpy anyway, don't focus on the scales this week, you know what you've eaten, you know you've been good so have another good week and hopefully it will rejig itself and show next weigh in.

Lots of love and support :) Keep smiling Sarah! xxxxxxxxxxx

Heya :)

I did weigh and I put on 1.5 NFI how but its behind me now...blooooming hormones!

I like that advice your old consultant used to give, and completely agree - its just sometimes easier said than done. I do need to get my positive pants on and pick myself up. and i actually have done so so thats good. I usually am the fixer not the one needing fixing so I think thats why I was so grumpy!

The other half said he thought the extra weight id put on was the extra weight of the stress and funk that I was in and I think he might be right as the next day I dusted myself off and decided to put those positive pants on and what do you know but that weight had gone... typical!! Oh well, this week is a new week and I'm going to hopefully smash it!

Thanks for the support lovely, I'm definitely smiling seeing all the lovely comments from everyone xxxx

*Copied post again as I'm at work and shouldn't even be on here!!!*

Hey guys... so sorry i had the day off yesterday and spent it with my friend and her little girl. She knows I'm doing slimming world so we had jacket potato (teeny one...and i mean tiny!) and beans and salad. Was so good to just have girly catch up time - her little girl is 7 months and the best baby ever!
Weigh in was officially 1.5 on, and needless to say I was not happy about it. Came home after and had dinner (that was a disaster, the OH cooked something new and it was just wrong - he made the caribbean pepper pot stew and forgot half the ingredients, forgot it took and hour and a half to cook and he forgot to submerge the stew into the liquid so the stuff on the bottom was soft and cooked and the stuff on top was dry, crunchy and so so tough - bless him he tried!) then had my treat... stuck within my syns & had a chilled out evening. Yesterday I was feeling much more positive and decided to jump on the scales in the morning - I must remember to put them in the loft as I'm awful with getting on ALL the time. And i was back down that 1.5! But oh well, I'm not going to let it get to me - my body must be going through something with my hormones as I have no idea otherwise. I always weigh and measure my healthy extras and last week I stuck to plan 100% and even ate way more speed food. I just hope it shows next week on the scales.

Thank you all for the support and advice - I was just being a grumpy Beeeep (cant write what I want to!) and needed to vent! Im much more positive now and know I will get to target but I need to stop putting so much pressure on myself. I am wearing size 10 clothes and my back size has shrunk from a 38/40 to a 32 so I need to remember this. I also put on some old clothes weigh in night and realised just how much of a change there has been!

I also do need to drink more, less diet coke and more squash. Am going to plan my food today whilst at work (if I have a spare bit of time that I can!) I bought myself a fridge meal planner from paperchase the other day so I'm excited to write my plan on that!! Its the little things that make me so lame :p

Food for today will be as follows

B - Shreddies (HeB) & Part milk (HeA) with an apple
Snack - Sausages Powters skinny pigs, so so tasty!
L - Left over cottage pie (0.5syns and part Hea cheese)
D - undecided as I forgot to get anything out of the freezer so will most likely be gammon, eggs, mushrooms, chips and beans

Syns
sausages 2.5
gravy 0.5

Total 3 (will update later if this changes)

Sounds like a good day on plan again hun :) x
Thanks lovely - just having some pineapple and an apple to tide me over till tea time. Also making sure i drink loads more water - though I'm going to the toilet loads more!!! hehehe

Ok so last night was good - we went for gammon, salad and chips with the free BBQ sauce. Made double so we have enough for this weekend :)

Ended the day on 4 syns as I had a cuppa with one sugar ( I don't drink them often enough to not have it with sugar!)

Todays food - bit of a busy day today as we are in work half day then home to change and get some makeup on then off to the bank to talk about adult stuff!! eek - Adulting! Then we'll pop by a supermarket on the way home so we can get a couple of bits we need :)

B- Shreddies and 1/3 of my HeA in milk. with an pear.
Snack - Sausages & Curry Loaf Buns & an Apple
L - Ham Salad
D - Meatballs & Pasta with the remaining HeA of cheese

Syns -
sausages 2
curry buns 0.5

total 2.5 - will update as and when this changes!

Today's been very good too, just a quick update as we about about to put tea on and veg out!

B - apple and shreddies and part HeA of milk
L - ham and curry bun salad
D - babybel burgers, salad and chips

Syns
Sugar - 1
Biscuit 4
Mayo - 2

Total 7

Will try and stick at that today as I've got plenty of fruit and yogurts to fill up on should I fancy anything else

Back