Sarah's Weight Loss Diary

Hey guys - out today clothes shopping with the OH (I need some clothes desperately!) Will post some pics of what I pick up later. I have a voucher from Xmas I'm yet to use so will get a few bits. Also want to get a really nice dress for when we go away in 2 weeks for our anniversary. Im gonna be skint by the end of the day!!

Food

B - Fruit salad and hifis
L - Jacket potato, beans and cheese.
D - Out at the OHs mums for tea as its his sisters birthday. Will be getting a takeaway so will have something low syn or syn free depending on what they go for. Think it'll be an indian so will have a shashlik & boiled rice with some chickpea dhal (few syns in the dhal). Will post pics later or tomorrow if I remember

Anyone got any nice plans for the weekend? xx

Hey lovely - need to see some clothes pictures please!! I still owe you a new hair pic too haha!

What did you get up to over the weekend? xx

Oh im boring and only bought one top, a couple of vest tops and a couple of pairs of leggings. Heading back to the city on friday to have a look at some other bits i wants to buy for our trip away.

Weekend was very chilled, friday night we popped to OHs mums for tea - ended up having a shashlik & rice which was lovely.

Saturday I went shopping to my new favourite Aldi! Got so much stuff for so little money. Will def be heading back there more regularly. Saturday night was a lazy one and we just chilled.

Sunday had my mum and my nan over for lunch - I did lasagne, chips & salad and they have cookies etc for dessert. We then watched pitch perfect 2 all snuggled up. Matt (OH) went for a dog walk with his mum then they popped back to ours for a cuppa and biscuits. So we had both families round for a bit which was lovely. 8 People and 3 dogs was a crazy house! Then we had a lazy evening and watched Legend - I never watch films and then managed two in a day... I always fall asleep but not this time!

Was such a lovely weekend.

Todays food
B- Shreddies, Milk (1/2 A), Strawberries and raspberries
S - Banana, yogurt, strawbs, melon, Rasps
L - Tuna Salad
D - Pea Soup with Ham (Might syn a slice of bead)

Syns -

Mayo - 1
Bread (Maybe)

Aldi and Lidl are my favourite shops EVER! Had to shop in Tesoc extra this weekend for OH in the new house and I cringed when the bill came to £84 for a teeny trolley full! I love Pitch Perfect - Rebel Wilson is brilliant.

Glad your take away was nice – we had an (off plan) curry on Saturday and it was awful – such a waste – I was gutted. We’re in the process of finding our new take away in the new house which may cost me a few gains haha! I kinda hate clothes shopping for this time of year – all the stuff in the shops is a bit too “spring time” for me because I still think it’s too cold to wear that kinda stuff!

Aldi and Lidl are my favourite shops EVER! Had to shop in Tesoc extra this weekend for OH in the new house and I cringed when the bill came to £84 for a teeny trolley full! I love Pitch Perfect - Rebel Wilson is brilliant.

Glad your take away was nice – we had an (off plan) curry on Saturday and it was awful – such a waste – I was gutted. We’re in the process of finding our new take away in the new house which may cost me a few gains haha! I kinda hate clothes shopping for this time of year – all the stuff in the shops is a bit too “spring time” for me because I still think it’s too cold to wear that kinda stuff!

I actually love the chicken shashlik and its pretty much syn free, love it with boiled rice & i have a side of chickpeas (for a few syns) Love it!!

Haha sounds like a fun job though - I used to love testing out the new places when i moved house in leeds (when i was at uni). Not so good for the waistline ;)

Yeah I haven't got too much spring stuff yet - like you say its much too cold at the moment. It was snowing all morning for goodness sake! xx

Hey guys... it weigh day!! Why do I always feel so nervous for it?! I have been SO good this week so lets hope it pays off. Ideally Id like 5.5 off to take me to my highest loss to date (and to reverse my massive gain last week!)

Officially my friend starts as my consultant tonight and its the greatest loser competition so fingers crossed it runs smoothly for her.

B - Fruit salad (Strawbs, apples, clementines)
L - Ham Salad
D - Sausages Mash & Veg

Syns
Sausages - 2 syns
Gravy - 2 syns
No others planned

Fingers crossed for WI! Make sure you let us know how you get on. Surely you're in the running for greatest loser??

Best of luck to your friend too! xx

Fingers crossed for WI! Make sure you let us know how you get on. Surely you're in the running for greatest loser??

Best of luck to your friend too! xx

Will update ya'll later :)

I honestly have no idea, as its not just for the people that stay its for those that weigh and go home and lots of them have done so well with their journeys too!

CBA with work today - borrrrrred!

Will update ya'll later :)

I honestly have no idea, as its not just for the people that stay its for those that weigh and go home and lots of them have done so well with their journeys too!

CBA with work today - borrrrrred!

Well I'm rooting for you!

I feel your pain - still got 9 days left and I'm already of the "I'm finishing so can't be assed" mindset

Your doing amazing. Clothes shopping for me is so stressful. I literally am at the stage where I own a pair of jeans two jeggings and a few pairs of leggings as well as two dresses and a load of baggy t-shirts but I want to wait til Summer to buy more stuff. Cause I dont want to buy winter clothes that won't fit next year.

Your doing amazing. Clothes shopping for me is so stressful. I literally am at the stage where I own a pair of jeans two jeggings and a few pairs of leggings as well as two dresses and a load of baggy t-shirts but I want to wait til Summer to buy more stuff. Cause I dont want to buy winter clothes that won't fit next year.
Yep! Completely get it, I was the same all last year! But my other half has said buy a few things that fit you now (as everything is miles too big and then either tumble dry them to see if they shrink a bit or just buy more when you are at target)

And tbh I do need to buy at least some clothes that fit me now (although I've only bought a couple of bits that I'll just wear all the time!)

Hey guys - pleased to report a 4.5 loss last night taking me to 5stone Lost exactly! Not my highest loss (0.5 more and it would have been) but I'm super pleased to have the lovely 5 stone back!!

Not only that but I won the Greatest Loser Competition which was lovely but made me emotional as my consultant asked me to talk about my journey. Was a really lovely night and over the moon with my award. Another certificate to stick on the fridge!

12825535_10153967093293718_1482760093_n-2.jpg

My friend did amazingly last night, she is going to be a fab consultant - I can just tell. She had me in tears in her new member talk. Bless her

Im feeling really motivated for the week ahead and looking forward to shifting a little bit more before we go away next weekend for our anniversary :) 5 years together and 5 stone loss... things are looking up!

Food today

B - overnight oats with loads of strawberries
L - Leftover Sausage, Mash & Veg
D - Loaded Potatoes with Chicken and Bacon and a side salad

Syns -
Sausages x 2 - 1 syn
Gravy - 2 syns
Mayo - 1 syn
Total - 4 syns

Nothing else planned syn wise so watch this space! xx

Last edited:
Morning all - had a bit of girly moment last night and needed a cry! Must be hormonal as I am due on soon.

I got some new clothes delivered yesterday and although they were in such smaller sizes then I've had before (some where size 8?!) I felt really unhappy with my body. Its my tummy - its where all the weight seems to settle and I just want to be at target now and for it to be gone! It's not much to ask is it?!!

So I had a good cry and spoke to a few friends and feel loads better this morning. I need to realise Im the smallest I've been in years and only a few lbs away from a healthy/normal BMI which I haven't seen in a long time. I am not finished with my journey and the rest will come off - I just need to not pressure myself so much all the time.

Food Today -

B - Fruit, yogurt & hifi bars
L - Chicken & Bacon Pasta Salad
D - Cottage Pie

Syns -
Pasta sauce - 3
Gravy - 2
Total - 5 syns

None other planned

It’s so difficult as there is so much focus on your weight when you are losing it – I think it can almost make you focus on your body more so than when you are bigger. Weight loss is a rollercoaster journey and it’ll all settle into place eventually hun – honestly I think even if we were all size 0 there would still be something about our bodies we wish we could change. Keep on going at it – you’re doing fab xxx

It’s so difficult as there is so much focus on your weight when you are losing it – I think it can almost make you focus on your body more so than when you are bigger. Weight loss is a rollercoaster journey and it’ll all settle into place eventually hun – honestly I think even if we were all size 0 there would still be something about our bodies we wish we could change. Keep on going at it – you’re doing fab xxx

Thanks beautiful xxx

Huge congrats!!!! That's absolutely amazing. Well done!! You must be so proud!

thank you so much!!

Hey guys - its the weekend in 3.5 hours (love our half days on a friday!)

Got the OHs family over for dinner later so I'm going to do sweet chilli chicken, noodles & loads of stir fry veg. Fingers crossed they like it! Today is going to be a house tidying up day, washing etc and popping to the shops for food once we finish work. Feeling loads more positive today and really going to try to shift albs this week. Off to York next thursday for a funeral then heading down to Devon on the friday - so the food/alcohol will be bad but I'm ok with it. If it adds one more week to my journey so be it, i know i can smash a big loss the week after a big gain so its all ok.

Food today

B - Frosted shreddies (B) with 1/2 Milk allowance and fruit
L - Most likely a tuna salad once we are back from shopping, or sushi whilst we are out.
D - Sweet Chilli Chicken with noodles and veg

Syns -
Sushi (if I get this 3 syns)
Chick Sauce 1 syn

Total 4 syns xx

Hey guys - such a busy weekend!

Had the OHs sam over friday which was lovely then sat spent all day (and i mean all day) servicing my car. All went tits up and ended up with a car that won't start as the fuel isn't getting round the car. Basically the OH & stepdad didn't do something when they change the fuel filter so its needing to be seen by a mechanic. Luckily it was going in today anyway but F***** knows how much its going to cost me now!
I'll just be waiting to hear from the mechanic :/

Our friends came over for dinner saturday night (as I had got myself muddled with dates!) Which was lovely :) they even brought us a little goody hamper for our trip away this weekend.
Have been completely on plan all weekend :)

Sunday we went to the city so matt could get his hair cut and so i could return some bits and have a mooch about the shops. Was nice and we walked for miles. Then we spent the evening chilling and then had to tow my car to the garage (which I hated, as it felt so unusual and we drove past where I had my car accident which doesn't normally worry me but it did this time)

Overall was a hectic weekend and cant wait till we go away. We now have to drive up to york on thursday for a family funeral so have to re jig my plans for being prepared for this weekend away but fortunately the distance form york to devon is the same as from my house to devon so it doesn't make the trip that much worse - its just the added driving on the thursday that we have to do.

Food today
B - Fruit, yogurt, hifi bars (B)
L - Ham and salad
D - Soup

Syns
Cheetos - 3.5 syns
Mayo - 2 syns

None other planned

Total - 5.5 syns

Back