Sara's Dukan Diary: Stage 2 Cruise

sarafvrm

Gold Member
Hi there! I'm a 54-year-old woman with 4 children at home. Currently weigh 13 st 9lb and, according to Dr Dukan, need to lose 3st 4lb (I actually thought my target weight would be lower, but 10st 5lb feels like a weight I might be able to stabilise at - I've weighed that before).

I was going to register with the Dukan website but it's ridiculously expensive so I'm going it alone, except of course for you guys out there. I don't have the book either, but the rules for each stage seem quite simple.

I started on Friday and by Saturday morning appeared to have lost 2lb. However this morning I had gained 1/2lb. I've been very good about only eating lean meat, prawns, fat-free yoghurt and quark, and 2 eggs a day, plus the obligatory oat bran. My only weakness has been alcohol, and I've had a couple of glasses of white wine each evening. I didn't take any exercise on Friday or Saturday, but went for a 40-minute walk while my daughter played tennis this morning and actually felt better for it - my headache went.

So here I am, on day 3, and I'm intrigued to see how it goes. I plan 5 days on the attack phase, but my mother's coming tomorrow so she might think I'm a bit weird! I'm also quite bored of lumps of protein already - already I've gone right off chicken - so any suggestions on how to spice up foods in the attack phase and on pure protein days to come would be very welcome.

Must go now, things to do!

Sara x

Hi Sara

I also started a few days ago & weigh a very simular weight (13st 5lb) I will keep an eye on your updates it will be interesting to see the comparason. Good Luck! x

Hi Lou86! I was hoping there might be someone else on the same journey as me so I'm glad we've hooked up. But your profile says you're doing weight watchers - is that right? Nevertheless, good luck to you and see you at goal weight, as well as lots of times on the way!

Shanny, it's great that you and people like you have shown that we can succeed, and are still around to support the rest of us. Thank you for your encouragement!

Hi Sara, just wanted to say that I had the same starting weight & am now 3st down after a year on/off Dukan! Keep up that motivation, I'm sure you'll hit that mini target, Dr Dukan is rarely wrong :) look forward to reading you!

Hi Sara I need to change that I hadn't seen it. I did weight watchers in2010 & lost alot of weight but put it back on (plus more) & have decided to give The Dukan a go! good luck x

OK, so back up to 13st 7lb this morning but not giving up hope. Once again, I've been so busy today, it being half term, that I haven't had time to be seriously tempted away from Attack. Haven't been for a walk either, but did do about an hour of cleaning, so hopefully that has compensated. Fingers crossed I'll be down to 13st 5lbs tomorrow, as Dr Dukan forecast, but even if I'm not I shan't give up because I know my white wine in the evening is not really allowed and equally I can tell I'm consuming fewer calories (esp less crap!) than I was before I started. Thanks again, anyone out there who's wishing me well.

I've got the book, so far I've only read the attack section and part of the cruise section. Must get to reading the rest. So here's wishing us luck. If you discover some fab recipe be sure to post! I can see where it'll take a lot of imagination and fantasy to keep it from getting boring (but I guess adding some veg will help lots!)

OK, so at the end of week 1 (5 days of Attack and 2 of Cruise), I had lost 4 1/2 lbs! Very happy with that! If I managed the same in week 2 I would be down to 13st, and as there's never been a 13 at the front of my weight until recently it would mark a significant stage in my progress. Must admit, though, I was back up to 13st 6lbs this morning - not convinced things are moving in the right direction, but then again I know that weighing myself every day is not a good idea. Have not had the best of days today either but you do what you can, don't you?

Well done on sticking to attack - for me it was so hard but ive never looked back - if you can buy the book it makes a good read and you get to understand the dukan plan more. Im still reading now ......... any problems/questions then post here someone is bound to pop up with the answers :) x

Not weighing myself every day - weird because whenever I've dieted in the past I've been obsessed with what the scales tell me! Partly I'm still feeling my way through this plan, partly I know I'm not playing it completely straight (still have a drink every night), partly too busy to make this number 1 priority, but also, I suspect, because I feel like i'm dieting and that I can stick with this for a while. You have to have the long-term view with Dukan, don't you? I'm going to do the weekly weigh-in thing, on Fridays, so will post progress there but inevitably here as well.

One thing... I feel incredibly nauseous on pp days. Like with morning sickness, though, I don't stop eating, I just try numerous things to get rid of the sensation! I know I haven't been adventurous with recipes - haven't had time to cook for myself. Hopefully this is a phase that will pass...

OK, so my weight has stayed exactly the same as last week. I'm disappointed and wondering whether this diet is really for me - I love my vegetables too much. But I've decided to start cooking, rather than relying on lumps of chicken, prawns, yoghurt and quark. Just made a lunch of Greek yoghurt, garlic, finely sliced cucumber and salt (the low-sodium kind) and it was delicious and refreshing. Wondering what herbs or spices to add the the extra low fat beef mince I'm going to have for supper...

a loss is better than none - around 1 to 2 lbs per week is just right everyone is different and loses weight at different rates

Back