Sara's Dukan Diary: Stage 2 Cruise

I'm back! I've masses of work to do so can't catch up with all my friends' news tonight, alas, but wanted to say hello and report some very bizarre news...

After my week and a half of boarding school meals and my week in (sadly, rainy) Majorca, I've ... LOST 5 LBS! The scales say I'm 10 stone. I honestly thought they must be broken but it seems not. I don't even feel thinner, in fact I'd decided I had put on a couple of pounds while I was on holiday. Is my mind playing tricks on me, so that as soon as I'm at a weight for any length of time I imagine I'm getting fatter? And I really don't know why I should have lost, especially not so much: I was eating at least one piece of fruit a day, salad and/or vegetables every day, at best semi-skimmed milk and always full-fat Greek yoghurt, frequently cheese, olives, pine nuts, raisins... And no pp days. The only thing I didn't touch is very carby food - bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, etc. I know others say they have lost weight initially, on Conso, and I know I haven't been following Conso strictly, but I'm nonplussed... Not complaining, but OH did tell me not to lose any more and I think he's probably right (addictive though this weight-loss thing can be!)

Anyway, that's my news. That and the fact that I felt quite low one evening towards the end of the holiday, wondering how I'm going to get my daily/weekly gratification now I'm not trying to lose weight but can't have blow-outs and can't drink (because I don't know how to do that in moderation). Any other Conso-ers felt like this, or do you all have more well-balanced temperaments or more fulfilling lives than I?

More soon, when I have caught up with myself work- and getting-kids-back-to-school- wise! xx

5 lb without trying you lucky ### great to hear from you, raining in Majorca.....money back guarantee?

Crikey moses Sara! I last ready your diary about 3 weeks ago when you were struggling with the final 2lbs. Come back and you've not only reached TW but also gone 5lbs under it! Bonkers. Brilliant though - huge congrats!

And I totally hear you about the not knowing how to do moderation. I'm struggling for the exact same reason - am being a saint or a sinner but not managing to be an even keeling conso-er. My last diary post is a fairly despairing plea for help on this exact topic.

Anyway, this is no time for misery. You've done BRILLIANTLY, am so pleased for you. Definitely time for a new avatar though (I got bullied about this myself - sort it out!!!).

J x

Strikes me your choices on hols were quite low carb Sara :) and healthy, I imagine you did some walking while you were over there - rain permitting :) - could be that the relax also did you some good, cortisol (stress hormone) promotes weight gain/fat store.....so a bit of R n R really is what the doctor ordered :)

Well done :) (nice to have you back) xx

Welcome back! I understand what you mean about no longer having the daily/weekly gratification of weight loss. Maybe you could try a fitness challenge to keep you on track? That's what I'm doing, and I'm hoping it will keep me on track. :)x

Ah, ok, just came here to see how you're doing but will go and hunt out the right one. Hope it's got photos. I like photos.

:)

Back