Saree's diary - run out of crumpets :(

I'm in a bit of a flunter about all of this now. Trying so hard, and feeling like it's taking over my evenings a bit but I just have this weird feeling like it's not going to work. Like I've started to do all of this and it's going to have no effect.

Tell me just how stupid that is. I know it's daft but I just can't knock it out of my head.

I'm in a bit of a flunter about all of this now. Trying so hard, and feeling like it's taking over my evenings a bit but I just have this weird feeling like it's not going to work. Like I've started to do all of this and it's going to have no effect.

Tell me just how stupid that is. I know it's daft but I just can't knock it out of my head.

Hi there. Well done on your 2lbs loss.

You know it works - you have been losing already.

I think sometimes cos we are eating stuff we wouldn't normally associate with "dieting" we can't quite get our heads round it.

You are learning about everything in moderation - and it does work. Look at Sandy....2yrs on and 12 stones down or something amazing like that!

Saree, you would not be normal if you did not think like that. When I started i thought exactly the same thing. I also had it in my head that I would get stuck at 11 stone 1 as it had been so long since I had seen the 10s but that never happened and each week the numbers have gone down. Just keep to the plan and it WILL work :D Good luck x

Well done on the 2lbs too. Great start!

I'm starting to quite enjoy myself. I'm now at the time when we gave up last year and i'm not giving up any time soon so that makes me feel better.

I went to a class in my local town on wednesday so am going to do it with her rather than on my own i think. I found her a little weird - very very good one on one and really warmed to her, but she seemed to want to do her 'talk' in a very over the top manner. rather like she was putting on a comedy floor show. made it difficult to extract fact from twaddle.

scales were as expected and she was very kind to me. I think i was the largest person there and probably by some distance. i have a feeling that people with a lot to lose have moved from weight watchers / slimming world over to doing it the 'shake' way.

i can't do shakes and have no intentions to try again, so weight watchers is the best option. for me, weight watchers gives me a good sense of when to put the brakes on. it tells me when enough is enough and really helps me to consider what's just eating for the sake of it.

as i'm quite big, i'm having lots of points which means my portion sizes can stay quite big. Learning portion control will be interesting as my points get lower! my pasta / rice portions are coming out as extra large / takeaway sized.

i think i ought to spread my food through the day a bit better so that i'm getting enough mid day to tide me over. i was having real dips of tiredness in the late afternoon /early evening. it's just not eating and i'm not getting the calories i need to feel with it at that time of day.

extra lunch is helping plus a snack at 4pm. having boxes of raisins really help me.

it's my youngest's birthday party tomorrow so the house is crammed with rubbishy food - and i haven't eaten it. we're taking them out into the field for a 'campfire'. God help us if it's raining. please keep your fingers crossed for me. it's blowing a hoolie out there at the moment as we're at the top of a hill. i do hope it's calmed down by then. on paper it looks like the daftest party for January but if it works out it should be really good fun as we're going to set up a treasure hunt.

i'm rubbish with keepign up with this forum. it moves so quickly. off to have a good read.

Well done x x x

hello

i am sorry that i've been a touch absent with out leave.

It's hard to be here, concentrate on my diet and work full time, see the kids and everything else.

i'm not complaining, just saying that other things get higher than sitting down and posting here.

i often come to read but only for a few minutes here and there.

the good news is that the diet is going well. weight's coming off well and i'm happy.

i'm supposed to be going to a class on a tuesday night. problems with it are that i'm really not sure about staying as it's often nearly 9pm by the time i get home and then i have to eat.

also not great at staying for class as the woman isn't particularly interesting and she witters a lot.

after the first couple of weeks of not using all my points i seem to have magically clicked on working exactly within them. it may not be long until it's really hard to get it under.

i quite fancy the new WW cookbook - does anyone have it?

hope everyone's doing well.

Good news that you are sticking with the plan.

When you look at Jens (smilerjen) weightloss - she has lost 3 stone in 4 months which is not that far behind the shakes diets which say 3 stone in 3 months - and believe me, she is not depriving herself!!! :D

During my sneaky pre-weigh peak at the scales it would appear that i'm approaching having lost my first stone.

it's hard to imagine that this diet will work but when you think about it sensibly, of course it will.

I've decided that we should do an exhibition in Harrogate in July at work. Big decision as i've always said that we shouldn't do these things because of the kids but actually i find it hard to front the business and look a mess - I just pretend that the kids are the reason :).

Obviously, it isn't going to be the end of my weight loss but it's an excellent way to try to keep my focus.

also i can't decide whether to continue to go to classes or go it alone. Not sure it's a good use of the money when i need to go home to see the kids / eat and so staying is going to be difficult.

i suppose i could rejoin if i'm not retaining my motivation at home - just don't know.

Hi Saree,

Not posted on your diary before. I've got a bit more than you to loose and have already lost 124lbs on WW on my own. If you feel you can focus alone then you'll be fine but coming on here is a real help when you're alone. I did almost 2 years without the forum but have found it has been a great benefit since joining the forum.

Good luck

M

Thanks for your message above and thanks for visiting my diary!

Writing on here very early in the morning and I've got so much to do but I can't help it as i'm really excited.

I've lost my first stone. Wht a nice thing o do in less than a month.

I'm so so pleased.

sarah

Wow! Well done. That is great work :)

Let us know what you decide in terms of the classes. Whatever happenes, there is a huge amount of support here so you will be fine. I have done it from home from day 1 with only this forum for support and I have lost 2 stone and now just 3lbs away from goal. You can do it alone if you want to. Good luck with whatever you decide x

Thanks :) I'm pretty sure i'm going to give up going. I think i'd like to get the scales and the points do-dah so might buy those next week then send her a text (actually get eldest daughter to write text, i am rubbish with phones) to say that I'll go back if I have trouble sticking to it at home.

anyway, will see after tomorrow - it's a tuesday evening class.

thanks for your message.

Great work getting to the first stone its a wonderful boost to get each stone gone

Good luck

M

Congratulations on the stone! Thats amazing! :D Keep going... x x x

Thanks everyone - had a bit of a strange day at work which stopped me obsessing over weight and concentrating on ensuring the business is OK even with all this depressing credit crunch stuff. It's a strange time to be self employed - mind you it's a strange time to be an employee too.

wow well done on your first stone, thats fabulous! you must be feeling amazing! :D

so pleased for you! xxx

Back