Saree's diary - run out of crumpets :(

it's a whole week since i've been here. i'm embarrassed. was supposed to be in birmingham today but the weather here has been worse today than yesterday and we've been holed up at home. we live at the end of a lane and no one's been up it or down it in 24 hours! The school's been shut and basically everyone has given up trying to do anyting so we have too.

Bad really as needed to be in birmingham - really bad timing but there's nothing we could do about it.

diet wise i'm sticking like glue and i've been visiting regularly but not staying here long. i find forums really hard as i don't keep up and feel guilty so don't like to post on only my own diary rather than posting on others and then feel guilty for reading and running and so it goes on. Just feel a bit rubbish.

it's snowing here again - we tried to take the kids out sledging but of course we don't have a sledge (we did as kids but they seem a bit pointless these days) so we tried cardboard boxes. they really didn't have the same effect.

really it's been lovely to have a forced day off but the person in birmingham keeps calling and even if we get one of those rubbish sales calls, i'm panicking its the guy in Birmingham so am slightly nervy.

Been reading how well everyone's doing and also Sandy's very sad news. huge hugs to those who need them.

sarah

Thanks for your message. kind of you to reply when i've not been here much.

we got to work today and the kids got to school but the weather man tells me that we might get snowed in again!

someone sent us Hotel Chocolat chocolates today. Nice gift but dreadful for me. there's no info on their website in order to point it - or on the box. it might be a bit cheatie but have decided to give them 2 (they were quite small, thin chip things).

I'd like to do quite well this week so i'm hoping that i can restrain myself tomorrow!

sarah

Think I might be talking about weight watchers too much. my youngest asked for toast for breakfast. my eldest said "that's too many points". youngest turned six last week, eldest is 8.

Jeez, they soak stuff up like a sponge.

i'm doing ok, but the weather does make me want to eat.

we ran out of heating oil over a week ago and the lorry hasn't been able to get up the lane. we're praying for no more snow so we can get the house heated properly.

hoping to lose a couple of pounds this week.

aww i hope you get some more oil soon - that sounds terrible! how have you been anyway? good? sorry to hear you have no crumpets though.. thats another thing i love but atm with my munchie cravings i would eat a full packet for breakfast! :p

mmmm toasted teacakes with apricot jam !!

Hello!

I don't like toasted teacakes - sorry. our Morrisons is out of most bread stuffs that they don't bake in house. nightmare that two months ago i wouldn't even have noticed!

i'm hoping for an entire week at work this week - no ruddy snow days. and indeed a filled up oil tank. lived in fenham for 24 years so just not used to this life without services on tap.

thanks for both of you replying. :)

just weighed in - down another 3lb this week. hoorah! I know it'll slow down soo but it's lovely whilst it stays.

I put my boots on yesterday and was shocked at how easily they went on. normally i have to force them slightly. That was fantastic as it was the first time it had made any difference to me.

Oh it's great when things feel different. I've lost about 11lbs now and I can just start to notice... Great!!! :) Well done that girl on the 3lbs - excellent stuff.

:553:

when i was mid 20s i lost loads of weight and became obsessed with going to the gym. Went down from 13st to just below 10st and went from a large 14 to a 12. but at 10st i was definitely a 12, no lower.

this is what I've based my goal weight on, the fact that i could just about squeeze in to a 10 but not if i wanted to sit down / breathe or go about normal life.

so how come i need to be 10st at 5'8" to be a 12? everything i read makes it sound like you would be a size 10 at that bmi?

don't quite get that. I had a huge amount of muscle at 10st too - had muscles above my knees like rugby players but the size 12 was based on bust / bum. I never got below a 36C.

At 17st 7, I'm a size 22. At 16st 1, I'm still a size 22. Don't really expect to be able to fit into a size 20 for another half stone at least.

I feel the need to say that I'm a size 8 shoe although not sure whether that has any impact.

Am I odd?

Hello everyone
I haven't posted on here at all since february by the looks of it.
I'm busy at work trying to keep the business afloat through the recession and trying to see as much of the kids as I can.
I've done a bit of lurking though and so pleased to see you're all trucking on.
I've been continuing with the diet but given up with going to class because i just wasn't getting there regularly enough to justify the cost and seem to be able to motivate myself.
Now lost 2.5 stone and gunning for my mini target of 14stone - only 1 stone to go.

Just didn't want you thinking that I'd disappeared completey.

Wooooooooooo well done on the loss - amazing! 2.5 stone since Feb??? Thats fabulous!

Back