SA's 810 and beyond diary a.k.a My daily kick up my own behind ;-)

Well, technically I did as in I stuck to my calories, BUT I have been seriously carb-heavy this week as in bread based foods, biccies and white pasta.

I read about a diet where you could have what you wanted, but every snack had to have a piece of fruit before it, and a piece of lean protein after it (or vice versa). Wasn't a bad idea, in many respects as it slows down the amount of less healthy stuff you can get through...also makes a person take note of what they are eating.

Anyway, that's nothing to do with what you said, but it just came to me :D

I think it can be quite natural to go for higher carb after a low carb diet. It probably feels like a bit of a treat? Something to prove to yourself that you can have it now...you're 'free'? Even if only subconsciously

I don't blame you at all. Think I did the same sort of thing. Do take note though of how it makes you feel, and why you're choosing those foods.

Hope this doesn't sound like a lecture :D Just things running through my mind, and putting them down while I think of it, rather than thinking you are doing anything wrong with having a high carb day. Oh heck...think this might be coming out wrong :eek:

Clothes still fit the same though which puzzles me?? My jeans felt really tight during my first week on the 1000 step (which settled down after a few days) but now they're as loose as ever?
Weird isn't it. I've had that happen. One of the reasons I prefer not to go by fit of clothes to see how it's going.

"How do you measure success?"
Good question. For me it's if I get through the day without killing anybody :clap:

If you feel like a puffer fish I bet all the real puffer fishies swim around you in huge circles when you're in your black clothing............

Scaaaareeeeeeeyy!!

What KD says was very true for me, I wanted to have caaaaarbs, mountains... sea's of carbs after CD. As long as you don't overdo the calories you'll be okay though, or.. well.. I was?

xx

I feel like the biggest easter egg in the world. Bah x

I could kill at the moment. Fighting the worlds biggest urge to binge as had a rubbish day but i know it wouldn't solve anything and i will only feel crap afterwards. Knowing that, doesn't make it any easier tho, does it? x

Day 84

Went for my weigh-in and have lost 0.2 of a lb hehehe. Hmmmn I wonder if that buys me an extra 100 calories a day?! :rolleyes:

Just kidding - I know that I'll get natural fluctuations and that things can go up as easily as they can go down...as long as they don't go up for more than a couple of weeks in a row and I am eating healthily more often than not then that's fine by me.

After all these years of struggling to sort my body out my head is proving even more stubborn than those pesky fat cells ever were...

Thought for the day:

"Don't waste your energy on what might be or what might have been; channel it into the here and now."

Omg I've just emerged from my day 84 ramblings and all these new posts have suddenly spawned!!

Aww Sleepy, DON'T DO IT!!!!! *huge hugs*

I could kill at the moment. Fighting the worlds biggest urge to binge as had a rubbish day but i know it wouldn't solve anything and i will only feel crap afterwards. Knowing that, doesn't make it any easier tho, does it? x

Sadly it doesn't. Would it help if I insisted it does though ? ;)

Stay strong hon... xxx

Serena, sorry for jumping all over your wise thread...very bad manners of me :cry:.
Am alright now, gonna go off to bed in a minute to get out of harms way. Aaaaghhh!
Will be better tomorrow :copon: x

Serena, sorry for jumping all over your wise thread...very bad manners of me :cry:.
Am alright now, gonna go off to bed in a minute to get out of harms way. Aaaaghhh!
Will be better tomorrow :copon: x

No no, you jump around all you like my darling, as long as it's away from the fridge then I'm happy :)

Really hope you feel better tomorrow, just think how much better you'll feel waking up without the binge-guilt xx

Morning, I did wake up feeling better without the binge hangover. Thanks for the support...i also woke up a pound lighter too! Little steps all the way......x :grouphugg:

Morning, I did wake up feeling better without the binge hangover. Thanks for the support...i also woke up a pound lighter too! Little steps all the way......x :grouphugg:

Hooray for you!! So pleased you are feeling better :) Helps spur me on too to see others doing so well xx

Im so pleased i resisted it. I know calorie wise it wouldn't have been the end of the world, but it was the emotions driving me that were the worst hurdle to overcome. Just bought hubby 2 cream eclairs and am genuinely happy to be sat here, on minimins eating my porridge. I can have an eclair, but i don't want one. Yes, i do like them...but i don't want one! Yay me! :D x

Reactions: KD
Im so pleased i resisted it. I know calorie wise it wouldn't have been the end of the world, but it was the emotions driving me that were the worst hurdle to overcome. Just bought hubby 2 cream eclairs and am genuinely happy to be sat here, on minimins eating my porridge. I can have an eclair, but i don't want one. Yes, i do like them...but i don't want one! Yay me! :D x

Yay you! :D

Day 85

It's a bank holiday weekend, hooray!

What more can I say...especially as I've had some not-so-great news at work today. Ah well - at least I actually have a job for which I am thankful.

Thought for the day:

"Think positive."

Oh Serena you look wonderful hun!

Sleepybird congrats on your decision and maintaining your goal!

I also had a good day today and resisted bingeing.

Bren
X

It's a bank holiday weekend, hooray!

What more can I say...especially as I've had some not-so-great news at work today. Ah well - at least I actually have a job for which I am thankful.

Oh dear :( Pleased you have a job though! Not good to be home too much at the beginning of maintenance. Food throws itself at you :eek:

Back