SA's 810 and beyond diary a.k.a My daily kick up my own behind ;-)

You're always welcome to intrude on my thread my little snotbunny xx

Still sore from the run and I've eaten too much fruit today so teeth hurt too now :(

I need an appropriate nickname for you if you'll keep calling me snotbunny :D

Something to do with your muscle aches...

I'm sorry you're still sore! Guess that's what happens when you overdo it huh! :) You were so enthusiastic! ;-) Running 1 song, walking 1 song sound good for the next time? Will half the amount of pain you have I think!

xx

A little soreness is good - means my muscles will be repairing themselves even stronger for my next run! So there :D

I read somewhere drinking milk after a workout is good for the muscles! Think it was in Maintenance forum of general forums 'Yes I will eat anything you prepare'' or something. Might be a tip to have your milk/yoghurt after a workout ?

xx

I read somewhere drinking milk after a workout is good for the muscles! Think it was in Maintenance forum of general forums 'Yes I will eat anything you prepare'' or something. Might be a tip to have your milk/yoghurt after a workout ?

xx

Thanks for the tip - I might just try that :)

Day 26

Have been a bit naughty today in that I really couldn't be bothered to cook tonight and didn't fancy salad again (I had it for lunch) so I just had a big bowl of yoghurt and berries for my dinner. Have still reached 1000 calories for the day but feeling a bit blah about it all at the moment.

Ah well, it could be a lot worse believe me.

We had an earthquake today - WTF?!!

Thought for the day:

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."

Really an earthquake!

And now worries about your rant it didn't offend me. I was generally curious. I'm not following CD 100% anyway it just didn't fit into my life style after a while. So I'm calorie counting and doing an old program called Cohen's and if I feel the need I have a CD bar or shake to help out with things. The weight is/falling off. I'm now at a plateau and trying to get out of the 70's (kilos).

Thanks you two for the advice I'm going to Thailand by the way and thinking that in 2.5 weeks starting a refeed so I am balanced and ready for food and alcohol whilst away. Would love to be 67 or 68 by then.

Bren
X

Ooooooh Thailand! Nice! :) Enjoy it there! (just in case I forget to say this later on haha)

Day 27

I am having one of those days where my motivation is at rock bottom and I really, really, really want to quit CD. I’ve just had enough now.

The only thing that’s stopping me is knowing that I have to build my metabolism back up again gradually regardless of whatever plan I am following therefore is there any real point in quitting something that I know works?

I think I know the answer to that one already.

On a brighter note I had a nice dinner today – I discovered that you can get wholewheat linguini so I bought some today and added it this evening to a chicken stir fry and it was really rather good.

Thought for the day:

"Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did."

Nooooooo!!!!! Serena, sorry you are having a rough day, but hang on in there... this is the difficult bit and I can imagine how sometimes you have just had enough, but you know how important it is to get the steps right... just a little while longer! You have come so far and you're doing AMAZINGLY. And you're an inspiration to so many of us! (No pressure, honey!!!!)
Hang on in there.
And big hugs.
xxx

Day 28

Have got back from tonight's weigh in and have put on 1lb, that's not bad actually considering that it has been evil carb 1000cal week.

Logically I know that it's not physically possible for me to have put on the weight that counts/actually matters i.e. fat on just 1000 calories a day, so I will look at this week's result as me losing 2lb of lard and gaining 3lb of glycogen - not a bad trade in really ;)

Dammit this positive thinking is bloody hard - even as I am typing this out the other half of me is whispering seductively in my ear "go on...give in...you know you want to..."

What has helped me a little today is reading back on some really old threads on Minimins from a year or so ago. The number of abandoned tickers was scary i.e. I could see loads of people who had successfully lost a stone or two but had succumbed to their food demons before reaching their goal and disappeared from the forum.

I absolutely refuse to let that be me. There...I've said it...no backing out now! :eek:

Thought for the day (dedicated to my result on the scales tonight):

"Any fact facing us is not as important as our attitude toward it, for that determines our success or failure."

Last edited:
What has helped me a little today is reading back on some really old threads on Minimins from a year or so ago. The number of abandoned tickers was scary i.e. I could see loads of people who had successfully lost a stone or two but had succumbed to their food demons before reaching their goal and disappeared from the forum.

I absolutely refuse to let that be me. There...I've said it...no backing out now! :eek:

i so agree with this statement hun, thats whats keeping me on track at the moment.
please never let it be said "remember when she lost all that weight, what a shame she's put it all back on!"

Serena & Ceekay, dead right... I am always sad when people 'disappear' from minis, and it scares me, too. You two are so determined (Ceekay, love your pic!!! Says it all). You know how important this last stretch is, and you will get there... but all of us have those little voices saying, just one bite, one wouldn't matter, go on... What stops me (most of the time) is knowing that 'one bite' doesn't exist for me, with some foods. And like you two, I want to go slowly through the steps to keep my metabolism going. I am sure that if you get to target on ss & then go right back to the way you used to eat, you'd put it all back and more, and find it harder than ever to shift.

Serena, so glad to be in the 11 stone zone at last. I have decided to stay on 810 and see if I can shift more instead of going back to the 'safety' of ss as originally planned... it worked for you, and I know that food is my challenge so keeping it in the picture but in a controlled way is a good learning curve for me. And I do want to gently nudge my metabolism up a notch with the plan that one day I can eat 'normally' again, but healthy-normal, not the way that was once normal for me.

It must be so hard to hang on to the focus & resolve at this point, but you can do it... & it'd be fab if, like KD & a few others, you'd stick around for a while after target too, maintaining, to help the rest of us with your straight-talking good sense!

xxx

Hi darling, bless your heart.
This really is the hardest part isnt it,as you know I have been here a couple of times, but my reasons for eating are for emotional reasons, and the fear of loosing the protection of my fat, and the state my body is in.
Your my ickle star and if anyone can do this, its you darling, ( no pressure,lol).

Oi Mrs what do you think your playing at, JOGGING, how very dare you, Iam still at the walking stage,lol.

You take care beautiful, huggles always, from a distance of course.

I read somewhere drinking milk after a workout is good for the muscles!

Yep. Milk is the new 'sports drink' :clap:

Good in a number of ways for post-workout.

I am having one of those days where my motivation is at rock bottom and I really, really, really want to quit CD. I’ve just had enough now.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm sorry, but absolutely not allowed! Bannable (or is it banable?)...doesn't matter...just not allowed. Sorry :(

This is known as the 'What if....' stage. Will be followed by 'Why?'

The only thing that’s stopping me is knowing that I have to build my metabolism back up again gradually regardless of whatever plan I am following therefore is there any real point in quitting something that I know works?
Aha! You got to the 'Why' :D

I think I know the answer to that one already.
Excellent :clap: You passed!!!!:happy096:

You knew this wasn't going to be an easy test didn't you ;) Great thing is that you learn more by having it, than not having IYKWIM.

I could see loads of people who had successfully lost a stone or two but had succumbed to their food demons before reaching their goal and disappeared from the forum.
So common :( It's that "what if" stage again :( And also (dare I say), those who say "I've got to goal!!!!! Wooohooooo. I'll be okay now. Will keep it all in moderation. Don't even want to eat crap anymore. Then come back a few stone heavier.

I'm not judging them at all, it just happens so often.

You're ahead of the game. I've watched you (okay....not stalking you..promise), but you're a wise one indeed. You've noticed the pattern of others and learnt from it. You watch what goes wrong for some, and what works for others.

Doubting the plans, and feeling that you are ready to go off on your own is really normal. The same as when I get an urge to eat way more than I should have. Getting that urge isn't wrong. It isn't a sign of failure. Getting the urge, is just that. A desire. Nothing more. It's which way you respond to that urge that matters.

Love your thoughts for the day BTW :clap:

Oh, something else I mean to say :D

I'll make a deal.

If you can keep going to the end of the plans, I promise you that you will be able to stay off plan for the rest of your life (assuming you make good choices after that).

How's that sound? Appealing. Remember, you only have to do these stages the once. Then you are free to chose whatever feels right after that.

How about that for a fantastic deal? :clap:

Gosh so much to reply to!

i so agree with this statement hun, thats whats keeping me on track at the moment.
please never let it be said "remember when she lost all that weight, what a shame she's put it all back on!"

Exactly :) Although we have to be driven to do this for ourselves, it's still a nice bonus to have others' approval.

all of us have those little voices saying, just one bite, one wouldn't matter, go on...I want to go slowly through the steps to keep my metabolism going. I am sure that if you get to target on ss & then go right back to the way you used to eat, you'd put it all back and more, and find it harder than ever to shift.

Totally agree. Metabolism issues aside it gets more and more mentally draining having to re-lose those same pounds over and over again - no thank you!

This really is the hardest part isnt it,as you know I have been here a couple of times, but my reasons for eating are for emotional reasons, and the fear of loosing the protection of my fat, and the state my body is in.

Completely understand how that feels (although I don't totally agree with you as you seem to be the only one who can't see how beautiful you are). Although I never felt protected by my fat as such I am struggling to come to terms with my new body shape. For instance all my life I have been really top-heavy and was known for it. Now that I have finally lost fat on CD (rather that simply "weight") my shape is much more in proportion than it's ever been in my entire life. Much as I like this I kinda feel that I have lost a huge part of my identity, a part of what I am, and it feels really weird.

I'm sorry, but absolutely not allowed! Bannable (or is it banable?)...doesn't matter...just not allowed. Sorry :(

Lol! :8855:

You're ahead of the game. I've watched you (okay....not stalking you..promise), but you're a wise one indeed. You've noticed the pattern of others and learnt from it. You watch what goes wrong for some, and what works for others.

Thank you - your encouragement could honestly not have come at a better time for me. :)

I've twigged that it is vital that I move up the steps, because although I honestly don't think that another 5lbs will make that much difference to my appearance it will make or break me in terms of my long-term attitude.

Unless I hit my target I will see it as unfinished business and therefore will not escape the between diets mentality that will take me back down the "cram it in now and start again Monday" route.

I'll make a deal.

If you can keep going to the end of the plans, I promise you that you will be able to stay off plan for the rest of your life (assuming you make good choices after that).

How about that for a fantastic deal? :clap:

Done :D

Day 29

I haven't had the nicest day today; lots of stuff going on at work. One good thing though is that I realised I no longer find myself instinctively wanting to dive into the sweet jar that we have there but can pretty much take it or leave it now. This is how I'd like my attitude towards food in general to be for most of the time - sometimes I know I'll want to take it but I also need to keep practising the ability to leave it!

Hubby wanted a takeaway for dinner so we had an Indian - I stuck to tandoori chicken with salad instead of my usual korma with rice and naan so considering the mood I've been in lately regarding CD I'm pleased with the choices I've been making overall.

Thought for the day:

"If you have the courage to begin, you have the courage to succeed."

Serena your quote today has made a point for me too. I have realised that I chose to start changing my life as I wasn't happy with a part of it, my weight, which contributed to some depression etc.

I also had some thoughts of "i'm not going to get to my holiday goal in 29 days!" "what should or can i do?" Overall going to stick to things for another 19 days as body is used to the routine and the plateau will budge naturally and I feel at this stage it is better to stick with what's working and see it through, then do 10 days of refeeding. When I return I will from holiday I will not have far to go and if I stick to what I'm doing now my body shouldn't take long to get back into the swing of things and goal will be right around the corner!!!

Your post is encouraging hun! Thank you.

Bren

You have 5lbs and KD definitely has shed some light as with others and not wanting to do this loosing thing again!

Take care

X

Hiya hunny,

thanks for the encouragement i really needed it!!
Although I know the right thing I 'should' do, sometimes it's hard to focus on actually doing it, for me it's about keeping on practising the right thing to do even if i get 'lost' i need to keep reminding myself that i'm not done just yet!

Love your thought for the day too, made me say in my head -
"Yes i have the courage!!!!"

xxx

Back