SA's 810 and beyond diary a.k.a My daily kick up my own behind ;-)

I'm wearing the size 8 jeans but I still think I look huge - what's all that about?? :sigh:
"

Looking good girl.

I know what you mean. People at work stop me all day long and say how thin I am getting. I can not see it and I still have fat feeling days. Now granted I am no where near size 8 and have a ways to go but it is a weird feeling.

Well I guess all we can do it get on with it. Carry on my girl.

You are looking brilliant in your picture! I do understand what you mean tho, why do we look at ourselves with different perception to everyone else? Dang, you looking fine girlie! x

Serena, you look FANTASTIC!!!! Maybe you can't quite see it, but we can, and you are such a great role model honey... smart and slim AND fit too! So proud of you, big hugs, you trail-blazer!

xxx

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments. I feel a bit embarrassed now, a bit like the annoying one you always come across who's a size zero or something and they're like "oh I'm so bad, I just ate two grapes for pudding after my green salad" :copon:

But.....my head is having major trouble getting round this weightloss malarkey so your kind words are much appreciated. :)

Serena, you would never come over that way - EVER. Your honesty in the forums has really helped me for one, and I know others will feel exactly the same. I am finding 810 a bit of a handful at the moment, so seeing how it works on 1000 is really helpful... forewarned is forearmed. I see you as someone who will get to target & stay there, because there has never been any messing with you... your posts are clever and direct & honest, and a determination shines through.

Anyway, not meaning to make you blush, just let you know that we appreciate that you share your experiences and support us too... it helps, a lot.
xxx

hey hunny, just wanted to echo the comments of everyone of how gorgeous you look!! size 8 trousers...go you!!

Hope the image in your head catches up soon and can see what we see!!
xx

My darling, darling lady, your even more beautiful than I remember, I have had the day from hell, but your piccy has made all that go away, so thankyou for that, and congrats for staying the course you ickle starlett.
Huge huggles for our tiny lady.

Aww thanks again everyone, and Katy you are doing so well on 810 and thanks for sharing your ups and downs as I find your determination and focus hugely motivating too.

Penny, have pm'd you sweetie xx

Last edited:
Day 33

Not much to report today really. I'm not very hopeful about my weigh in this week - just feeling heavy - but what will be will be. I'm quite enjoying the food on 1000 and I'm sure everything will catch up with itself eventually so I'll just keep plodding along until...well however long it takes I suppose.

Thought for the day:

"Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning."

Day 34

Today has been another blah day of nothingness...

At least I managed not to succumb to the mountains of choccy cakes at work today - seems like everyone there is having a blinkin' birthday recently. Perhaps they all have two birthdays like The Queen...I honestly can't think of any other explanation for such a small office! :king2:

Dragged myself off the sofa and into my exercise gear and did an hour of taebo and light weights this evening, not that it makes any difference to the reading on the scales (well not in my case anyway) but weightloss aside the change in my bodyshape/definition is quite astounding.

Thought for the day:

"Every little minute of my past has contributed in some way to my present - I will therefore look to spend the next minute as wisely as I can."

At least I managed not to succumb to the mountains of choccy cakes at work today - seems like everyone there is having a blinkin' birthday recently. Perhaps they all have two birthdays like The Queen...I honestly can't think of any other explanation for such a small office! :king2:

LOL. We have the same trouble at school. Staffroom always full of cakes. Lots of different types for some reason :confused:

but weightloss aside the change in my bodyshape/definition is quite astounding.

Yeah, wouldn't expect much change in weight, but keeping lean whatevers is more important for long term whatsits :clap:

"Every little minute of my past has contributed in some way to my present - I will therefore look to spend the next minute as wisely as I can."

Fab. I must do the same!

Thanks KD. I thought up my thought of the day whilst struggling through my can't-be-botheredness of excercising last night. I was really having to keep up my motivation by telling myself to keep going for just one more minute...and just another more...

p.s. loving your album pics, fantastically inspirational for a wannabe like me :)

KD I am also a teacher and know the feeling of always seeing cakes etc especially on Friday morning tea!

Serena, my past has definitely impacted on my future! I know why I eat and when not too now.

Bren
X

KD I am also a teacher and know the feeling of always seeing cakes etc especially on Friday morning tea!

Serena, my past has definitely impacted on my future! I know why I eat and when not too now.

Bren
X

Damn those cakes eh?! Good that you've figured out the whens and whys of eating - I'm not quite there yet but am learning :)

As long as the learning curve goes up in the end it will be fine ;-) If it starts to go down really much that would be bad! :)

x

Day 35

It's six months to the day since I started CD. If someone had told me on day one that it would take me that length of time I think I'd have been put off - half a year of no eating? Impossible!! Of course in reality it isn't like that, as that kind of thinking overlooks how much better you look and feel even a couple of months into it plus the fact you start eating before the six months is up...

The time has gone by in an absolute flash and I am still stunned at how differently I feel about myself both inside and out. I've not come to terms with the changes yet but I think it's something I could get used to. :D

Was paid a visit by the totm fairy today (after she forgot to drop by and see me last month) which explains the heavy feeling I've been having lately.

So...after my carb gain last week because of moving up to the 1000 step I dropped 3lbs at my weigh in tonight :) I'm so glad I trained myself up to accept the rough with the smooth as my sabotage head could still turn it into a negative by saying "Well a fortnight ago you were 9st 4 so you've actually only lost 2lbs in 2 weeks". But my determined head is saying "What's the alternative? Keep going you're doing fine as you are".

Thought for the day:

"I am a slow walker, but I never walk backwards."

Funny you should mention about the length of time. Was thinking about that today. Can feel like a long time when you are doing it, but looking back, it feels like it went in a flash for me.

Keep going you're doing fine as you are

You bet :clap:

Thanks KD :)

I feels like I've been CD-ing for a while and loads has happened to me during that time, and yet the months have come and gone so quickly. How has the time passed for you since you first reached goal - do you ever wake up and forget for a moment that you're slim?

How has the time passed for you since you first reached goal - do you ever wake up and forget for a moment that you're slim?

Nope. To be honest, I don't think about it much any more :confused: Just sort of get on with the day. It's just every now and again I think "wow....how on earth did I lose that weight" and "blimey...I like this" ;) :D

The freedom of being 'dietless' is amazing. Sometimes that catches me unaware. Someone will invite me out and I'll start worrying about what to wear, whether there's time to diet....then I remember it's not a problem anymore LOL D'oh

Back