SA's 810 and beyond diary a.k.a My daily kick up my own behind ;-)

KD it's good to know that you now have a life of carefree, well sensible but freedom to eat whatever with control.

I know that having been slim twice before that I can manage it on my own as I maintained the first time for 3 or more years.

1st time - my dad died and i started a job (teaching) which took up 2 hours travel a day and slowly my motivation and time for exercising disappeared and the weight gradually came back.
2 nd time just over 14 months ago, I had a allergic reaction just after my re feed stage to honeydew melon!!! I had to go onto steriods and within 2 weeks came 6 kilos and then I moved half way across the country on top of that and my life became out of control.

I know when I keep up with my exercise and eat mainly healthy with allowances of alcohol and rich foods in small amounts over the weekend, my body maintains with ease. I just keep up the exercise and the water and in 2 days scales revert back.

The time like you all mentioned is nothing at the end but yes when you have to loose in the beginning it does seem like a huge challenge.

Bren
X

Wow Bren, just realized you are in Australia! (I think up till now, I just thought you were nocturnal!) Your story is actually very empowering taken alongside KDs, that maintaining is not going to be a life of misery... and that even if there are slips and bumps in the road of life, there is no need to panic diet-wise because CD & your new attitude to food can take you safely back to target.

Sympathy honey on losing your dad, I went through that loss too a year ago and it was a part of why my binge eating/ unhappiness levels slid so very far out of control at the end of last year, and why I ultimately found CD. So... I do understand. And hugs.
xxx

OMG Iam beaming with proudness ( is that a word), well done my ickle star, 0.4 off you goal BMI, so very happy for you,thankyou for always giving me hope.

KD you remain a star to me too, and always will.

Well done serena,you are looking so amazing am so chuffed for you
xx

Day 36

Friday 13th! :eek:

I and the other managers where I work were taken out for lunch today by our boss which was nice. I opted for chicken salad which was the plainest thing on the menu but despite the fact I didn't want any dressing it came out drenched in olive oil. My boss's family owns the venue so I wasn't in a position to be fussy about it, therefore I just did the best I could. I think that even with today's fruit and my CD packs I've just about stayed within my calories for the day.

I'm really happy though that I seem to have snapped out of my previously instinctive mindset of "oh well, have blown it for the day, let's carry on eating and start again tomorrow" which has always been my downfall in the past. Today it just...was. No big deal, no conscious effort to tell myself not to make the most of having a "reason" to cheat. Maybe there is hope for me to maintain successfully as long as I don't get too complacent about it.

Thought for the day:

"If you have to climb up a mountain then waiting will not make it smaller. Just go ahead."

Serena a fabulous attitude. You can tell now that you are finding life normal, and easy to be around food and not beat yourself up when faced with a situation that you cannot completely control...... life.

Well done.

Bren
X

you're such a sweetie!! thanks for the lovely comment on my pic!
xxx

Day 37

Had my usual Saturday of nothingness...housework, food shopping and general blah. Tried on some clothes in Sainsbury's with no intention of buying anything but simply because I could. Can't believe how different clothes shopping feels to this time a mere 6 months ago.

Went for a jog today and managed to go a little further which was good, luckily the weather was a little kinder to me than last week's cold winds and drizzle.

Thought for the day:

"Insanity is repeating the same thing and expecting a different result."

Day 38

Went jogging again today (this was on top of my usual hour's dog walking) - ouch! I sort of enjoy it but don't if that makes sense...or rather I don't enjoy actually doing it but the sense of achievement I feel afterwards is unlike anything else.

I haven't really done a lot else today - I'm such a homebody that I'm quite happy simply pottering about the place. Hubby's mum popped round this morning and we were looking at self-catering cottages for our holiday to Cornwall in June - I can't wait! Perfect excuse to buy some lovely new clothes for it too at some point. :D

Thought for the day:

"There's a lot of opportunities - if there aren't you can make them."

I sort of enjoy it but don't if that makes sense...or rather I don't enjoy actually doing it but the sense of achievement I feel afterwards is unlike anything else.

Yeah, that's makes sense. I used to feel like that when I went to the gym. Unfortunately, me being daft started setting myself harder tasks each time. The gym equipment was computerised and everything logged, and prizes given when you had earned 'points'. I wasn't in it for the prizes, but got obsessed about earning the points and beating my previous scores :confused:

All very good and noble, but I ruined the whole experience for myself. Came home totally exhausted, and despondent if I hadn't done better than before. Even my gym instructor was telling me to take it easier...would I listen??? :confused: Stoopid, stoopid KD.:copon:

Thought for the day:

"There's a lot of opportunities - if there aren't you can make them."
Love your thoughts for the day :clap:

Hi KD, yes I know what you mean about the points/gym thing - we used to have a similar thing at my local gym where points make prizes (well actually they didn't but you could move up coloured levels a bit like a leaderboard - ooh how exciting!)

The Pet Shop Boys have to take credit for today's thought...it's a line from their song "Opportunities" which is one of the tracks that I jog along to - helps to spur me on a bit!

Thought for the day:

"If you have to climb up a mountain then waiting will not make it smaller. Just go ahead."

Love this one!

I am in awe of your gym adventures, impressive... seriously impressive

x

Hi KD, yes I know what you mean about the points/gym thing - we used to have a similar thing at my local gym where points make prizes (well actually they didn't but you could move up coloured levels a bit like a leaderboard - ooh how exciting!)

LOL. Extrinsic rewards never work for me in the long term. In fact, for me, they put me off. Hence the problem. I ended up doing the gym for the wrong reason and so lost motivation.

Can work for others though.

Thank you!

This is gonna sound really cheesy/sucky but it's seeing the likes of maintainers such as you/KD/Icemoose etc that have really inspired me over the last few months - knowing that CD works is one thing but actually seeing that it does is quite another!

xx

Thank you!

This is gonna sound really cheesy/sucky but it's seeing the likes of maintainers such as you/KD/Icemoose etc that have really inspired me over the last few months - knowing that CD works is one thing but actually seeing that it does is quite another!

xx

Not cheesy at all, I think we all accept that CD works in terms of the weight loss, as indeed does any other diet if you stick to the general principles. BUT maintaining is another thing and I too looked to the likes of KD and Icemoose as living proof that it was actually possible. One of the real strengths of a weight loss forum I think.

x

LOL. Extrinsic rewards never work for me in the long term. In fact, for me, they put me off. Hence the problem. I ended up doing the gym for the wrong reason and so lost motivation.

Can work for others though.

Agree with you there - excercise is no different to weight loss diets themselves is it, in that what works for some will not work for others.

I just wish that I could strike it lucky a bit quicker in finding what works for me rather than learning the hard way all the time...oh hang on, come to think of it doing it the hard way sometimes is, if I'm not mistaken, called...life?!

Grrrr life sucks :D

I just wish that I could strike it lucky a bit quicker in finding what works for me rather than learning the hard way all the time...oh hang on, come to think of it doing it the hard way sometimes is, if I'm not mistaken, called...life?!

Grrrr life sucks :D

:D but remember, the harder the lesson, the more effective it is when we 'learn' from it. That's my theory anyway. Have to think like that or I'd probably shot myself by now...
rouletteloony.gif

:D but remember, the harder the lesson, the more effective it is when we 'learn' from it. That's my theory anyway. Have to think like that or I'd probably shot myself by now...
rouletteloony.gif

sorry but :8855:

A reward system at the gym? Oeh, I'd like that. My future gym probably doesn't have that though, it's a studentgym.

I actually really wanted to join the 'big people + diet + nutrition help'
- thing but I'm not classified as big anymore so they reckon I don't need nutrition info either.. Big meanies. i mean, I know why I'm not allowed as I don't need to lose xxx lbs of weight but.. I think it's mean. I think a group would stimulate me to actually come HAHAH.

x

Back