SA's 810 and beyond diary a.k.a My daily kick up my own behind ;-)

Lostris you are doing so well. Are you concerned about exercise??

Bren
X

Day 39

I've had a "hungry" day today and had eaten my breakfast fruit and yoghurt plus my lunchtime CD mousse by 10:30 this morning even though, to be truthful, I wasn't particularly hungry. You know when you just get that...niggle...

All was not lost though in that I managed not to drive to the supermarket at lunchtime to buy myself some more food. Thank goodness the gannets at the office had eaten up all of last week's birthday goodies - I don't think I'd have succumbed but it would have made my day that much more of an effort.

I'm pleased that this diary makes me remind myself every day as to how much I want to be slim and - just as important - to stay there...but why is it that I need to remind myself constantly of how good something is? Surely I should just know it?

Thought for the day:

"I can't seem to find the page in the 'Only Human' manual that says that failure has to be inevitable at some point."

Last edited:
I'm pleased that this diary makes me remind myself every day as to how much I want to be slim and - just as important - to stay there...but why is it that I need to remind myself constantly of how good something is? Surely I should just know it?

I think you need to remind yourself however much you need to remind yourself :D

In other words, if you find yourself reminding yourself...then you probably need to remind yourself at that moment :D

Remind yourself of that every now and again, and especially if you feel you need to remember it.

It's been a long day :D

Lostris you are doing so well. Are you concerned about exercise??

Bren
X

Yes! I am very worried about exercise. :cry:

I went for a bike ride of 2 hours this weekend and did 2x 30min on our crosstrainer on friday and saturday.. For me, this is a lot and I was pretty exhausted after this but I need something to motivate me to actually keep doing it during the week too. I could go for a walk today, the weather is okay and there's a park nearby but I'm just so lazy. :confused: Feel quite terrible for being lazy.......

Thats why I'd prefer to join a club of people working out and working on their weight etc as it;s what I'm doing and I think we can motivate eachother... ah well. :confused:

x

I've had a "hungry" day today and had eaten my breakfast fruit and yoghurt plus my lunchtime CD mousse by 10:30 this morning even though, to be truthful, I wasn't particularly hungry. You know when you just get that...niggle...

All was not lost though in that I managed not to drive to the supermarket at lunchtime to buy myself some more food. Thank goodness the gannets at the office had eaten up all of last week's birthday goodies - I don't think I'd have succumbed but it would have made my day that much more of an effort.

Thought for the day:

"I can't seem to find the page in the 'Only Human' manual that says that failure has to be inevitable at some point."

Hi hon,

Don't beat yourself up over that. ;) You did really good resisting everything else. I've been in stores, looking at cakes for 30min, picking it up... putting it back..... People must've thought I was mad. :eek:

The 'craving' (so to say) for food comes and goes.

You know you want to be slim and you can babe, you are! You're wearing bloody size 8 pants ;)

Keep up the good work xxx

I think you need to remind yourself however much you need to remind yourself :D

In other words, if you find yourself reminding yourself...then you probably need to remind yourself at that moment :D

Remind yourself of that every now and again, and especially if you feel you need to remember it.

It's been a long day :D

I just read that 5x and I still got lost. :D

What about swimming?

I'd have to get into a bathing suit and change in a changing room. No way :eek:

Just because I've lost weight doesn't mean my confidence is up, sadly. :p

I will be swimming a lot during summer, I hope. We live near the beach and it's lovely to go swimming and get a tan etc. ;) Just haven't mustered up the courage to actually buy a bathing suit.

I love going out to the beach, laying in the sand etc.

I want one of those that let the sun through so I tan underneath and it has to make me look slimmer:D No, I am not demanding at all ;)

x

Day 40

I've had a really nasty, horrible day today. Don't really want to go into it but feel very down about it. :(

Stuck to CD as usual today though. Had a beef-style quorn burger for tea with mushrooms and veg which was tasty.

Thought for the day:

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"

Hey Serena, sorry to hear you've had a rubbish day hunny, sending you ((hugs)), hope you feel better soon

xx

Big hugs Serena... love today's quote!!!
xxx

Hi hon,

I'm sorry youre having such a rough time. I hope it'll all be better soon and that you can relax.

xxx

Serena wishing you a much better day today.

Bren
X

Aww Serena. Hope today is better for you:hug99:

Hey Serena,

Ive just read through your whole diary and it's really inspiring! I noticed you are the same height as me and I was wondering what weight were you when you started maintenance, and how much have you lost in that time? I am aiming to start in about 2/3 weeks once I reach BMI 25 so am interested to see what results I can expect / hope for!

xxx

Hey Serena,

Ive just read through your whole diary and it's really inspiring! I noticed you are the same height as me and I was wondering what weight were you when you started maintenance, and how much have you lost in that time? I am aiming to start in about 2/3 weeks once I reach BMI 25 so am interested to see what results I can expect / hope for!

xxx

Hi CLB

Looking at your stats in your signature our patterns of weightloss are somewhat different, however to answer your question I was 9st 10 (which put me at BMI 25) when I started maintenance 5 weeks ago and I am now 9st 2 so that's 8lb off during that time.

Day 41

Started my day with a nice comment from one of the receptionists at work, who stopped me to ask if she was right in thinking that I was the incredible shrinking woman. :)

Made me feel much better about my day...although it did get me wondering, if my weight loss can provoke so many positive comments I wonder what people were really thinking every time they saw me pile the weight back on just as fast? Oh well never mind, those days are behind me now, and I'll work bloody hard to make sure of that.

Thought for the day:

"Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults - if you succeed in doing this, tell me how."

glad you are feeling better today hun
x

Hi CLB

Looking at your stats in your signature our patterns of weightloss are somewhat different, however to answer your question I was 9st 10 (which put me at BMI 25) when I started maintenance 5 weeks ago and I am now 9st 2 so that's 8lb off during that time.

Oohh thats amazing! I take it you lost quite quickly then - compared to me anyway!

Back