SA's 810 and beyond diary a.k.a My daily kick up my own behind ;-)

Oohh thats amazing! I take it you lost quite quickly then - compared to me anyway!

Not that quickly, I "only" lost 3lb in my 1st week (although to be fair I had been low-carbing in preparation before starting on CD) and 3-ish per week after that, but that was starting at a much higher BMI than you did.

At the end of the day it will take as long as it takes. I have watched others around me drop the lbs at a much faster rate than I have, but I know that I personally couldn't have lost weight any quicker on any other plan so that'll do me just fine :)

Hi missy collarbone. Looking great in that pic, have to tell you again <3

Glad to read you're feelin a bit better.. hope it'll keep improving.

Hows the jogging going?

xx

Not that quickly, I "only" lost 3lb in my 1st week (although to be fair I had been low-carbing in preparation before starting on CD) and 3-ish per week after that, but that was starting at a much higher BMI than you did.

At the end of the day it will take as long as it takes. I have watched others around me drop the lbs at a much faster rate than I have, but I know that I personally couldn't have lost weight any quicker on any other plan so that'll do me just fine :)

Did you find when you got closer to BMI 25 that it slowed down?x

Day 42

Lost another lb tonight which is really good....but....had my first proper blip since starting CD. I went to buy yoghurt on the way home but in a moment of fed-upness I also bought some mini chocolate eggs and promptly ate most of them when I got home. They made me feel a bit sick actually and then the guilt kicked in so I ended up doing 90mins of taebo so that I could draw a line under the whole episode and forget all about it tomorrow. Life is not the greatest at the moment, no excuse I know, but just...sooooo fed up.

On a brighter note my CDC has asked me to bring my "before" picture with me next week and they will also arrange to take some "after" shots, so that they can feature me in their monthly newsletter that they produce. Luckily I have turned into a photo-whore over the last few weeks so I am actually rather looking forward to it!

Thought for the day:

"The measure of success is not whether you have a tough problem to deal with, but whether it is the same problem you had last year."

Last edited:
Did you find when you got closer to BMI 25 that it slowed down?x

Hiya

Yes it has slowed down to around 2lb a week on 810 and 1lb a week on 1000.

Nite nite beautiful, in too much pain to stay up,sorry.

Sorry Penny darling I didn't see your post earlier as I was already writing today's escapades and was in another screen, I really hope you feel better soon, you really do need to get some rest hunni. xxx

The photo shoot sounds brilliant Serena, how lovely! Id love to do one.
Bless you re the choc eggs...at least you stopped there and did something to even things out. Im dead proud cos something like that could make you think "sod it" and carry on with the good stuff!
Its a daily battle and temptation doesn't come on its own, it brings the whole regiment! x

Agree with Sleepy, we are all going to have slips... and I am guessing you are not the kind of person who likes that feeling, or the sicky/guilt thing either... which can actually help in the long run as you won't want to go back there. I think you also have 'perspective' by the bucket load, if that makes sense - you know that one slip won't derail you completely and won't get sucked into that awful downward spiral. You'll learn from it, and on the very occasional days when you do slip it won't be the end of the world because the need to eat sugar to feel good just won't be as strong anymore.

ONE lb to go!!!! That is so, so exciting... and photos to look forward to! I think your story & your can-do attitude will inspire local CDers as much as it has everyone here on minis.

Hugs. And no more mini eggs, OK?!!!
xxx

OMG a pound to go, thats so totally amazing,you ickle star, Iam taking my inspiration from nina, for this next comment.
"A POUND IS JUST A FART".

Sorry things have been a bit tough for you lately, I personally would of eaten all the eggs on the way home, and hidden the packet in my car, so no one would know.
Sorry if my post made you sad, shouldnt of put you under pressure to post, sorry.

Thanks for you kind words, your a total star.

hey serena, Fab news on the 1lb and fantastic on the 1lb to go!!!! well done you, you have done fabulously well hunny xxx

Thanks everyone for your comments, I truly do appreciate them :)

I feel fine today food-wise which I am both very happy about but also greatly taken aback by. I am so used to such things triggering full-on binges which last for days because I've blown it, or drastic cutting-back for days which inevitably ends in a binge anyway because such things are unsustainable. However it wasn't until I logged onto Minimins just now that I thought "oh yeah, that's what I did yesterday".

No guilt, no worrying about it still, no overwhelming urge to cut back on my calories again today (which I still would have felt despite exercising afterwards yesterday). Just a vague sense of "I don't think I'll bother doing that again in a hurry".

I've never ever felt that before - for a moment I did think "hooray I guess I have a more normal relationship with food now", until I thought "but if you did then you wouldn't have done it in the first place"... :confused:

I think some normal people DO... in fact I know they do. They just don't stress about it the way we do. And in their minds it is not a binge, just a lovely moment of choccy indulgence, fun & soon forgotten & a rare treat I guess. And it sounds like this is the way your mind is working too, which is VERY normal and cool and fab, and gives me hope that I can think that way too one day!!!
xxx

I think some normal people DO... in fact I know they do. They just don't stress about it the way we do. And in their minds it is not a binge, just a lovely moment of choccy indulgence, fun & soon forgotten & a rare treat I guess. And it sounds like this is the way your mind is working too, which is VERY normal and cool and fab, and gives me hope that I can think that way too one day!!!
xxx

Excellent point very well made! Especially as you're being so complimentary with it hehehe :D

Day 43

Still musing on my post from earlier today...

I'm almost daring to hope that "the wagon" has actually dropped me off at my final destination so that I no longer have to get on or off it as such, although I know I still need to stay aware so that I don't get complacent about things.

Could it really be possible that food is finally settling into its rightful place in my life, i.e. I eat to live more often than I live to eat?? We shall see...

Hmmmn, funny how I still talk about about it as though it were luck/fate/autopilot that decides my food choices rather than me having personal responsibility :rolleyes:

Thought for the day:

"It takes a person who is wide awake to make their dream come true."

Hi serena
you really are rather an intellectual have you considered wearing glasses haha!!
I notice penny trying to bring the tone down with her nina quote,im sorry hun but that absolutely cracked me up!!
As for the mini eggs,I like pen would have eaten them on the way home....actually probably while i was queing to pay for them and handed the empty wrapper to the cashier to scan.Anyway I guess what im trying to say is,chocolate is my trigger for a binge and I know when i finish its something i have to avoid like the plague,the fact you mananged to stop at those I think is something which you should give yourself a massive pat on the back for
xx

I agree Julie... choc & me will be a tricky relationship always. I hope I never eat it again (except in form of CD bars which are my plan to meet those choccy cravings, & because I never associate them with a binge). So I too am very impressed at Serena's ability to stop where she did. Thinking ahead to maintaining in the 'real' world, I am hoping I can eat cake in a cafe or when out, now and again, and be 'safe' because the rest of the cake is NOT in my fridge calling to me... it;s just chocolate itself I plan to outlaw!

xx

Thanks Julie :)

Thought I'd quickly go log onto Minimins before I tackle the weekly food shop - dangerous times indeed...

Hahaha I did read that Nina comment and think, oooh better get myself some CD bars next week, that should do the trick :D

Can't believe how slim you looked on Thursday, you're nearly in the BMI 25s - go you!

xx

Serena you are a STAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back