SA's 810 and beyond diary a.k.a My daily kick up my own behind ;-)

Hi hon

Totally understand what you're saying about the feeling to eat to cheer yourself up. It's what's bugging me in my head all the time now too.. bahhh. Sucks huh?

Hope you're having an okay day hon..

xxx

Thanks hunni xx

Yes it does suck but I suppose that's just life eh?

Day 55

Feeling a little less moody today but still have that niggle to eat...for some reason I am really craving a steak dinner with all the trimmings - how random is that!

Weigh in tomorrow evening - gulp. Will be interesting to see how going up a step to 1200 has affected me although I have to say I feel ok. I think the extra dog walking after work this week has probably helped to keep me feeling motivated to stick with moving up the CD plans.

Thought for the day:

"Never be afraid to do something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark; professionals built the Titanic."

Feeling a little less moody today but still have that niggle to eat...for some reason I am really craving a steak dinner with all the trimmings - how random is that!

Weigh in tomorrow evening - gulp. Will be interesting to see how going up a step to 1200 has affected me although I have to say I feel ok. I think the extra dog walking after work this week has probably helped to keep me feeling motivated to stick with moving up the CD plans.

Thought for the day:

"Never be afraid to do something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark; professionals built the Titanic."

mmmm...steak..:drool:...!! you got my mouth watering, must get some when i go shopping. isn't there a steak n stout recipe on the 1000 or 1200 plan, i made it , was not too bad if i remember.

Hope all goes well at WI hun!

xx

Good luck with your weigh in hun! You hoping for another loss or to have stayed the same now youve reached target?

mmmm...steak..:drool:...!! you got my mouth watering, must get some when i go shopping. isn't there a steak n stout recipe on the 1000 or 1200 plan, i made it , was not too bad if i remember.

Hahaha sorry! I think it's the trimmings I fancy more than the steak itself! :rolleyes:

Good luck with your WI tonite, and thanks for still posting,it shows us all its possible.

Thank you hunni xx

You hoping for another loss or to have stayed the same now youve reached target?

Hiya, it'd be nice to lose a lb or 2 more whilst I finish moving up the CD plans in order to give me a little leeway but I'm not too fussed either way really. Hope you are doing well.

Day 56

Lost another lb tonight which takes me into the 8 stone somethings - I can't believe it! I guess my body has responded well to the extra calories combined with the extra exercise...or it could of course just be natural fluctuations or whatever...never mind I will just enjoy the moment.

Have now moved up to the 1500 step - scary stuff :eek:. I expect I'll regain that lb next week but so what, as long as my clothes still fit the same then that is all that matters really.

Thought for the day:

"Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly."

Hey there you, just catching up. Totally understand the niggle in your head thing. I still have it and have actually reached a point where I just accept it, sometimes I give in to it, sometimes I don't. Although I understand that food doesn't change anything I do believe that at certain moments in time it can give a well needed lift.

1500 plan oooo exciting!

xxx

Natural fluctuations??? Give yourself some credit, honey! Don't know if you know how much of a star you are for those of us who lurk and look for inspiration on the maintenance threads! You are in a great place, you've learned the lessons of healthy eating and exercise well and you are taking things gradually each step at a time... and your honesty is inspiring too.

Big hugs... well done on that pound. And good luck for 1500!
xxx

YOU ROOOOOCK!

You're doing so well honni, you just don't always see it and don't always give yourself the credit you deserve. Remember now, no lieing to aunti Lostris as I've been here since you began and I know everything about you (I have my sources bwuahua!)

Good luck on 1500, you'll do great I am sooooo proud of you my Shroomstudent!

xxxxxxxxx

Hey there you, just catching up. Totally understand the niggle in your head thing. I still have it and have actually reached a point where I just accept it, sometimes I give in to it, sometimes I don't. Although I understand that food doesn't change anything I do believe that at certain moments in time it can give a well needed lift.

Thank you, my head is playing loads of tricks on me today so your words have come just at the right time :)

Big hugs... well done on that pound. And good luck for 1500!

Aww thank you!

I've been here since you began and I know everything about you (I have my sources bwuahua!)

Eeek! :eek: I would never lie to you...well not with your shroomspies everywhere :D xxx

Hi beautiful, congrats on your loss, hope you enjoyed your 1500cals today.

Thank you my darling xx

Day 57

:argh:

My head is in a complete and utter mess today. I've been merrily posting away on other threads for the last couple of hours but inside I am battling a huge, massive urge to go off the rails.

I know that the impulses to binge or whatever are not wrong in themselves (thanks KD!) and it's how we respond to them that counts, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I am going to respond very badly at some point very soon...I can just feel it somehow.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

Tune in tomorrow for a massive 'fess-up...

Thought for the day:

"Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere."

Not sure how to help... what do you think is driving the desire to go off the rails?

Thanks for wanting to help :)

A mixture of things really...I want to comfort eat because of some personal stuff I am dealing with, also rebellion against "having" to stay on the CD plans even though logically I know I am choosing to, and just general fed-upness really. I know that food will not be the solution but...I dunno. Feeling blah again and my usual tactics for talking myself round don't seem to be working right now.

Ah well...and thanks again for your support.

That all sounds so horribly familiar, in fact it wasn't long ago that KD and I were having a rant and generally throwing our toys out of the pram about just wanting to let go of the reigns just for a moment ....

How about approaching it from a different angle, rather than spending time talking yourself out of it and feeling like you are losing the battle. Let yourself go down the road that allows you to have what it is you want, how will it make you feel at the moment you eat it, how will you feel an hour later, a day later etc, what (if any) are the downsides. Is there possibly a half way house that isn't a full on binge but is more "indulgent"? I suppose what I am saying is explore all avenues rather than just telling yourself no.

It's hard to judge as a binge to one person can mean something totally different to another. Is it a specific food you are craving or just wantng to eat everything in sight?

Sorry I'm waffling

Just read that back and I'm not making much sense....

I suppose what I am trying to say is the battle that is “I want vs I can’t have” is so destructive as the more you tell yourself you can’t have the more you want as we all know. So for example if I wanted to have some chocolate but kept telling myself I couldn’t, my desire to eat chocolate would become all consuming and I would want to eat as much as I could get my hands on. However, if I said to myself okay you can have some chocolate, that immediately lessens the intensity of my desire because I am not denying myself. By decreasing the intensity of my desire I am then able to “stop at one” rather than eating the entire contents of the cupboard. The end result is that you still go “off plan” but in a controlled way rather a complete free for all.

I suppose I have a philosphy that we can't spend the rest of our lives telling ourselves we can't have this, can't have that and it's trying to find a balance that gives us the flexibility to enjoy food but whilst remaining in control.

Not sure I am making much sense, sorry!

Did someone mention waffles :D

Seriously though, your advice/point of view is much appreciated and has made me think about what I really want.

On the face of it I am seriously craving chocolate right now (at 11.40pm!!) but deep down I think I am wanting that old familiar feeling of eating myself into a stupor so that I can concentrate on hating myself for it afterwards instead of feeling what I am feeling right now if that makes sense.

I actually had an Indian takeaway earlier but happily stuck to just tandoori chicken and salad without a second thought so I don't think it's about the food itself...or maybe I just think too much? :confused:

Sorry, being negative is not good, hopefully I will wake up in a less niggly mood tomorrow :eek:

Just read that back and I'm not making much sense....

I suppose what I am trying to say is the battle that is “I want vs I can’t have” is so destructive as the more you tell yourself you can’t have the more you want as we all know. So for example if I wanted to have some chocolate but kept telling myself I couldn’t, my desire to eat chocolate would become all consuming and I would want to eat as much as I could get my hands on. However, if I said to myself okay you can have some chocolate, that immediately lessens the intensity of my desire because I am not denying myself. By decreasing the intensity of my desire I am then able to “stop at one” rather than eating the entire contents of the cupboard. The end result is that you still go “off plan” but in a controlled way rather a complete free for all.

I suppose I have a philosphy that we can't spend the rest of our lives telling ourselves we can't have this, can't have that and it's trying to find a balance that gives us the flexibility to enjoy food but whilst remaining in control.

Not sure I am making much sense, sorry!

No, this made perfect sense aswell, we crossed posts but I have had this "I want vs I can't have" battle loads too lately so some great advice there...

Blimey I think it's all starting to go pete tong! :sigh:

xx

Serena, for those of us who like chocolate it is not easy to have it looming at you from every shop window and supermarket shelf at this time of year... I feel your pain! I also know just how you're feeling with the mind games and battles, I am going through this too but I'm not at goal yet so very, very scared of losing the battle! And you have hit the nail on the head when you talk about wanting the comforting pattern of eat/feel better/feel self-hate and also that this is EASIER than facing what is really bothering us.

Don't know what I would do without your wise postings & willingness to share experience, really. It won't go wrong Serena as long as you are thinking about it and aware of it and finding ways to tackle the cravings. And you DON'T think too much, don't ever say that, your thoughts are keeping a whole raft of us going here on minis!!! We have to think for ourselves if we are going to succeed long term on any diet, surely? And feeling a danger zone looming is better than having it creep up unawares and ambush you.

Porge, your insights are great... I would give anything to feel that no food are off limits, but am a long way from that as yet. I've been there in the past - or thought I was - with chocolate. You don't much care anymore, feel that you could take it or leave it. So you take it. Fine. Then again, maybe a week later, fine again. Then - in my case - I wake up 6 months down the line with chocolate all over my face and three stone heavier, back in the grip of addiction again. So I know I have a long way to go on that, but I do dream of re-setting the old patterns and getting to that healthy place with food that you are. Your words & pics have inspired me from day one on Minis.

Serena, take care honey - if that chocolate starts calling out to you, stick your tongue out and run away. Hugs.
xxx

Back