SA's 810 and beyond diary a.k.a My daily kick up my own behind ;-)

such a fab thread that i look forward to reading each day.
SA ... Please continue to add each day.....and Katycakes, Porgeous, Lostris and all the rest, please continue too.
This thread is so full of relevant facts, opinions and advice, which is so important to me during these initial stages of maintaining my weight loss.

Day 58

So...I made the choice today to have my first proper day off CD since I began my journey last September – up until now I’ve only ever had the odd meal off. I went into town today with one of my friends and we started our day with a cooked breakfast. Spent the entire day shopping (which is unheard of for me) – not that I bought much but it was nice trying stuff on just for the sheer joy of it fitting! Then on my way home late this afternoon I stopped off for some milk but also bought a packet of choc-filled croissants which I ate dipped in condensed milk. Half a box of praline seashells were demolished soon after, and I have just come back from a mini “date” out with hubby where we shared a bucket of KFC sitting in the car whilst overlooking the sea in Folkestone.

Not sure how I feel at the moment (well actually I do, a bit like the gluttony guy must have felt in the movie “Seven” just before he kicked the bucket). I almost feel a bit...erm...kinda tipsy?? No regrets as yet but maybe the guilt hangover will kick in tomorrow morning...

The rebellious streak in me is thinking well why the heck should I feel bad, if I choose to have one day off when I’m already at goal then why not. There’s no wagon to fall off cos I’m already there. Hmmn she doth protest too much?? Of course I could have had today off plan without the need to actually binge but I suppose I just felt like overeating for the sheer hell of sticking two fingers up at my goody two shoes side which has kept me in line for all these months.

Someone call Alanis Morisette as I’m about to give her an example of proper irony...whilst in town I traipsed from bookshop to bookshop in order to treat myself to my goal pressie to myself – Gillian Riley’s book Eating Less. ;)

Thought for the day:

“Forget regrets or life is yours to miss.”

I guess I haven't changed how I think about food yet because you're whole days food sounds amazing!! Hope you enjoyed you're day, how do you feel about having a day off? Was it a bit scary not to know the calories of everything?

Someone else had a very similar kind of day.... feels good to stick you fingers up at the other side of yourself sometimes ;):D

Hope you enjoyed every minute of it honey... please don't feel bad, like you said you are at goal. And it was a treat day, and you haven't had one of those for a LONG time... Happy Sunday!!!
xxx

It sounds like a fabulous, one off day that was enjoyed and looked back at with fondness. Everything in moderation is fine.
We don't get fat overnight or lose weight overnight.
KD posted something once about overeating for a week wont make you regain all of your weight, its all mainly the mental aspect.
Don't feel bad Serena, im aiming to be good 80% of the time but hell....i still want to live!!
Hugs to everyone on this sunny day :D

Hi hon,

Hope you're still okay with it this morning! Sounds like you had a great time and had some very nice food. I hope you've enjoyed it. One day offplan wont cause the world to crash down on you.

Hope you're doing okay today babe!

xx

Absolutely! Absolutely!...everyone! :D Specially porgeous ;)

Sometimes you get this nagging, and as Porg says, sometimes we give in to it, sometimes we don't.

Yesterday I went to Ikea. I had a slice of this cakey thing...very nice too. So nice, that I had to go back and buy another. I wasn't hungry (far from it), I wasn't trying to cover something up. I just wanted it. I didn't view it as a treat, or even 'going off plan' (though it is a little different..cos I don't have a plan :D).
The rebellious streak in me is thinking well why the heck should I feel bad, if I choose to have one day off when I’m already at goal then why not. There’s no wagon to fall off cos I’m already there. Hmmn she doth protest too much??
And do I regret it eating more than I needed? Not one little bit. I would have regretted not having it in this instance. Today I would have kept thinking about how I missed the opportunity of having more. Instead, I ate it, I enjoyed it, I'm pleased I had more than I needed.

It's all in the balance. Recognising when it's okay, and when it isn't.

Food isn't a treat. It isn't even something particularly special. It's nutrition. Somethings taste better than others Somethings do more for us than others...but that's all.

You are very close to the stage where it isn't about the food so much. Neither is it about the weight. It's about living like a slim person and slim people have days when they eat too much just because they want to.

It's all about how you perceive it. On plan/off plan etc, or whether you are just living like a 'normal' person. It's easy to spoil those moments spending time in regret, so really pleased you aren't in that space.

(Preaching to the converted here, as it sounds like your head is firmly in the right place already :D)

Yesterday I went to Ikea. I had a slice of this cakey thing...very nice too. So nice, that I had to go back and buy another. I wasn't hungry (far from it), I wasn't trying to cover something up. I just wanted it. I didn't view it as a treat, or even 'going off plan' (though it is a little different..cos I don't have a plan :D)

Couldn't of said it better, you manage to use one sentence where I can write a novel! xx :D

Day 59

Hey everyone, thank you all so much for your comments. There's some really sound advice there! I'm so grateful for the fact that I can come onto Minimins and share my experiences without being judged, and get some wise words and fantastic encouragement and support along the way :)

Do you know what, today was the first day in a long, long time that I woke up feeling positive and happy. I've had a twinkle in my eye all day and the niggle has gone. I feel like I've had a massive argument which has cleared the air if that makes sense?

My scales are 2lb up from yesterday which I'm cool with as I know it'll mainly be physical volume of food in my system and waterweight from the salt in the takeway. I did briefly toy with the idea of cutting back on my calories today until I realised that the 1500 plan is still a weight-loss step so any fat gain will take care of itself over the next few days.

I have to admit I still have that instinctive urge to compensate for things immediately but I know that I need to think long-term as I want to avoid taking myself back down the route of having a yo-yo mentality which has plagued me all my life.

So, went back to my usual food for today without too much bother. Enjoyed a lovely walk in the sunshine with my doggies and went out for my weekend jog - I even managed to get another 3 minutes off my best time so far!

A friend of a friend who I've not seen in a while popped round to see hubby today. When he saw me he quite literally stopped in his tracks, his jaw dropped open and I saw a look of slight confusion as his eyes scanned me up and down. He's way too well-mannered a sort of chap to pass any kind of comment but his reaction said it all and it felt really good :D

Thought for the day:

"You can't base your life on other people's expectations."

I love reading this thread and I haven't even started CD yet!! I wanted to read about someone maintaining their weight so that I could look at them and tell myself, 'that's what you're gonna do when you reach goal so prepare now!' Not to put pressure on you Serena but its good to read that you went and had a day of eating what you wanted, because I don't think I'd be able to not do the same thing at some point. I heard someone say that people who are naturally slim occassionally go on an eating spree and then they return to their normal way of eating after that and never put on weight. We who have weight issues have to eat like these 'naturally slim' people. I think that's how it went.
Thanks for all the posts everyone, they're helping me prepare myself to start CD in a few weeks.

Hi serena,glad youre ok with your eatathon the other day,that seems to be the thing,you can do this once in a while and shouldnt feel guilty,you are at goal and you are in maintenence,if you go back on thursday and have stayed the same,then the plan works!!You have maintained.
Of course you already know all this hun,just wanted to add my little snippet for what its worth!!haha!!
xx

Thanks for all the posts everyone, they're helping me prepare myself to start CD in a few weeks.

Hello Cee

Glad you're finding everyone's posts helpful, I honestly don't know what I'd have done without Minimins (well actually I do, the same thing as now but it would have been that much harder!)

Hi serena,glad youre ok with your eatathon the other day,that seems to be the thing,you can do this once in a while and shouldnt feel guilty,you are at goal and you are in maintenence,if you go back on thursday and have stayed the same,then the plan works!!You have maintained.
Of course you already know all this hun,just wanted to add my little snippet for what its worth!!haha!!
xx

Thanks hunni, snippets are always welcome :) I doubt I'll even get a STS on Thursday but it's highly unlikely I would have done anyway being my first week of 1500 with a big jump of an extra 300 cals a day including allowable "bad" snacks and stuff.

Ah well...all the while that my measurements stay the same and my jeans still fit me I really couldn't care less what the scales say :p xx

Day 60

Feeling ok today, stayed on track without too much bother although I have felt a little hungry.

I had another "you're wasting away" comment but it was said in a positive way so I'll accept it as a compliment. :)

Can't believe I'm already on day 60 since reaching BMI 25, two whole months of officially being a healthy weight. That's 1 month and 29 days longer than I've ever managed to do before in my entire life!

Thought for the day:

"You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through."

Day 61

Had a good day today.

I went into town during my lunchbreak in order to buy a couple of bits and ended up rushing about like a blue ass fly, but unlike this time last year (or any time previous to losing weight actually) I didn't get back to work all red-faced and sweaty. It was then that it really struck me how nice it was to feel a day-to-day benefit of my improved health and fitness.

The timing was more than a little appropriate too as I started reading Gillian Riley's book last night where she emphasises that losing weight should be first and foremost about your health and wellbeing with improved appearance being a bonus, rather than the other way round.

I underestimated how great it would feel to be "normal" at last and I'm so glad that I am...well as much as I can be :D

Thought for the day:

"Control your eating, not your weight."

Had a good day today.

I went into town during my lunchbreak in order to buy a couple of bits and ended up rushing about like a blue ass fly, but unlike this time last year (or any time previous to losing weight actually) I didn't get back to work all red-faced and sweaty. It was then that it really struck me how nice it was to feel a day-to-day benefit of my improved health and fitness.

The timing was more than a little appropriate too as I started reading Gillian Riley's book last night where she emphasises that losing weight should be first and foremost about your health and wellbeing with improved appearance being a bonus, rather than the other way round.

I underestimated how great it would feel to be "normal" at last and I'm so glad that I am...well as much as I can be :D

Thought for the day:

"Control your eating, not your weight."

Yes! Yes! Yes" Oh my Serena. I've written loads about this in the past, but know how hard it is to see past the weight thing, so I guess there's a few blank stares in front of people's screens :D

It was so important to me that I focused on how I felt, rather than how I looked or what the scales said.

I definitely control my eating and not my weight. It's made things much easier in the long run.

What total toss, you normal!
Your the least normal person I know, FANTASIC suits you much better!

I do know what you meant, but you must NOT forget what a star you are.
Have a wonderful day in slimdom.

I definitely control my eating and not my weight. It's made things much easier in the long run.

It's funny isn't it, how it's so easy to understand cause and effect for seemingly everything except for dieting/weightloss.

It's like your analogy of repeatedly running into a brick wall - the logic sounds so daft when applied to my dieting history:

"I've always known that running into brick walls will damage my body but I just couldn't seem to stop myself. I tried WallWatchers who showed me different ways of plastering over my injuries - hey they even said that when the craving struck I could try running into something softer instead! Unfortunately the plasters felt so comfy that I never worried about figuring out what made me want to run into walls so the minute the plasters came off I'd end up flinging myself against another wall but even harder this time..." :banghead:

*delurks* I love Eating Less Serena and hope you enjoy it too.

LOL at the delurking/lurking :D

Yes, I do think I will find the book most interesting, it's been especially helpful having an "oh yes, that's what she's on about" lightbulb moment already.

What total toss, you normal!
Your the least normal person I know, FANTASIC suits you much better!

I do know what you meant, but you must NOT forget what a star you are.
Have a wonderful day in slimdom.

Aww bless you my darling, thank you!

Day 62

Went jogging this evening as I'm away this weekend and won't get the chance to do it then...legs were sore though as I don't think they'd quite recovered after last night's stint of taebo - ouch! Took it relatively easy though and I'm glad I've done it.

Trying to build good habits...

Thought for the day:

"We are what and where we are because we have first imagined it."

Back