SA's 810 and beyond diary a.k.a My daily kick up my own behind ;-)

Day 63

I lost another lb at my weigh-in tonight which surprised me so much that I got on and off the CDC's scales three times!

My losses weren't that great on the 1000 calorie step so I am guessing that with all the exercise I am doing my body responds better to a higher calorie intake.

Taliking of which...next week's weigh-in will definitely see a gain as I am going away on a girlie weekend starting tomorrow and coming back on Monday - I can't wait! It'll be my first ever trip away as a slim person and I'm so excited about being able to keep up with my friends instead of huffing and puffing during days out and stuff.

Wishing everyone a happy and peaceful Easter :bunnydance:

Thought for the day:

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"

Well done Serena and have a fantastic weekend...

xxx

Have a fantastic weekend Serena!

I lost another lb at my weigh-in tonight which surprised me so much that I got on and off the CDC's scales three times!

My losses weren't that great on the 1000 calorie step so I am guessing that with all the exercise I am doing my body responds better to a higher calorie intake.

Taliking of which...next week's weigh-in will definitely see a gain as I am going away on a girlie weekend starting tomorrow and coming back on Monday - I can't wait! It'll be my first ever trip away as a slim person and I'm so excited about being able to keep up with my friends instead of huffing and puffing during days out and stuff.

Wishing everyone a happy and peaceful Easter :bunnydance:

Thought for the day:

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"

I duno how you do it.. but well done! And have a great weekend! x:greenapple:

I have no idea what day I'm on but it's Easter Monday...

Got back today from my girlie weekend - I had a fab time. I joined in with all the meals out etc and had a few drinks last night but for the first time in my life I am genuinely relaxed about it all.

I’ve noticed such a difference in the ½ stone between being 9st5 and 8st12 that whatever the scales decide to show me this week I know that things are not too bad in reality as my clothes still fit exactly the same. Finishing off on the 1500 step should take care of any rogue lbs from this weekend anyway.

I'm pleased that mentally I seem to have found the balance between keeping things in check so that I can maintain my weight loss long term, and going into panic mode of "OMG - got to get rid of the extra lbs asap :eek:" which is too much like being on/off a diet rather than just...living, if that makes sense.

My CDCs produce a monthly newsletter and I got home today to find that they've featured me in this month's issue as one of their successful dieters. :) I was already planning to get straight back onto the 1500 step from tomorrow rather than waiting for Thursday's weigh-in but it’s just that little bit of extra motivation for me which is really nice.

Thought for the day:

"No regrets, they don't work."

Got back today from my girlie weekend - I had a fab time. I joined in with all the meals out etc and had a few drinks last night but for the first time in my life I am genuinely relaxed about it all.

Yay Serena. Welcome to life in the slim lane :clap:

Finishing off on the 1500 step should take care of any rogue lbs from this weekend anyway.
Exactly. And it's all in the mindset isn't it. You could have come back feeling great, clothes still fitting etc, then step on the scales, see a gain, panic and rush into SS.

It's frightening to watch people do this as it inevitably leads to yoyoing, crooked thinking etc.

You've been away, you've eaten stuff you probably wouldn't eat normally, now's the time to gently redress the balance. No big deal. No massive drop in food to screw up the brain and leptin levels.

My CDCs produce a monthly newsletter and I got home today to find that they've featured me in this month's issue as one of their successful dieters. :)
Yay. and why night. You are an obvious choice :D

I was already planning to get straight back onto the 1500 step from tomorrow rather than waiting for Thursday's weigh-in but it’s just that little bit of extra motivation for me which is really nice.
OMG, Serena. Genius. No need to wait until after weigh in. Absolutely no point. Would be like saying "I've had loads of late nights...great parties...absolutely shattered, and I will continue to have late nights until I get to the doctor for him to tell me to have some early ones :D"

And it's all in the mindset isn't it. You could have come back feeling great, clothes still fitting etc, then step on the scales, see a gain, panic and rush into SS.

It's frightening to watch people do this as it inevitably leads to yoyoing, crooked thinking etc.

Thanks KD :)

This was me all over until very recently...I honestly don't know why things have suddenly clicked but hey, I'm not complaining!

I know I have to be careful not to become over-confident as I don't want complacancy to sneak in so that a couple of lbs turns into half a stone which then turns into a stone etc.

However I'm doing my best to understand that a couple of weeks of technically not being at goal will not set me back to square one, whereas getting sucked back into that horribly destructive yo-yo mindset probably will...:eek:

Day 68

Had a nice day today. Went shopping in Canterbury with hubby's mum and I bought some new jeans and a couple of tops. Went for a nice walk in the sunshine with my doggies this afternoon. Stuck to a normal day's eating i.e. around 1350 calories today.

Another day's holiday tomorrow and then then back to work on Thursday - it'll be kinda nice to return to some sort of a routine again.

My friend put up some photos on Facebook today of our weekend away and for the first time ever I haven't cowered at the sight of them which has felt really lovely.

Thought for the day:

"Live your life...be free."

I know I have to be careful not to become over-confident as I don't want complacancy to sneak in so that a couple of lbs turns into half a stone which then turns into a stone etc.

Of course, that's a concern. Think you have to be confident that you can be pro-active with dealing with it.

However I'm doing my best to understand that a couple of weeks of technically not being at goal will not set me back to square one, whereas getting sucked back into that horribly destructive yo-yo mindset probably will...:eek:
Totally agree. The freedom is bliss. Of course, eat too much and there's a price to pay, but pay that price moderately. So for instance, if I have a normal eating day and put on weight, I ignore it. If I have a day where I have crisps, the scales inevitably show a gain (probably water retention)...again, I ignore it.

If I have a day where I eat too much (think Thorntons cafe where a Wow coffee and cake = a million calories), regardless of the scales say, I know I've eaten a million calories :D

So I focus a little more the next day (or few). It's not dieting, just thinking a bit more about what I'm eating. I may walk a little further or a little faster, but only because I want to. Not to punish myself...but because I don't need quite so many calories...body has already had them.

I don't obsess. I don't look on it as a challenge, or some work to do. I just look at it logically. I just don't need to eat so much over the next fews days, as I've already had it :D

What I don't do, is suddenly drop my calories big time, or zoom around trying to burn up those extra calories. It's gentle and with care :)

But the yummy coffee and cake doesn't happen often. It's really lubberly, but just because I love it, doesn't mean I need to indulge frequently.

Just knowing that I can eat it anytime, and that I don't have to make the best of it before getting back on that diet, means it doesn't matter if I just go and have a cup of tea there. There's always tomorrow :)

the first time ever I haven't cowered at the sight of them which has felt really lovely.
Thought for the day:
"Live your life...be free."

Another fab thought for the day.:)

But i just spent the weekend doing London with overseas visitors and still cowered at the sight of me in the photos, despite being just over 3 stone lighter and a size 10. Will i ever be happy looking at a photo or in the mirror??????:confused:

Another fab thought for the day.:)

But i just spent the weekend doing London with overseas visitors and still cowered at the sight of me in the photos, despite being just over 3 stone lighter and a size 10. Will i ever be happy looking at a photo or in the mirror??????:confused:

It's a toughy isn't it? It's weird, I went away on the Friday morning with a little more confidence than I used to have but still feeling pretty much as fat as ever. Came back on the Monday feeling like a tiny little thing...

I think it's because up until now all my photos/looking in the mirror etc has been done with the sole purpose of scrutinising myself as in "hmmmn am I thin enough yet, still unhappy with this bit of me, where else could I do with losing a few more lbs??" etc etc.

Whereas the photos my friends took during the weekend were simply of me having a good time, just living life and enjoying it. And I suddenly saw a "normal" person there of a healthy weight rather than one who was hung up with how she "ought" to look if that makes sense.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think I will ever be happy with who I am, but I'm going to try my best not to focus on the things that I know I can never change.

I am sure you will get that moment too where your head suddenly catches up...it's taken me long enough but it's been worth the wait :)

xx

Glad you had a good time Serena. You have processed through a lot of what I am going through right now and having a hard time, I think for fear of gaining it all back. But I know if I am sensible about the big picture, I can ALWAYS have a handle on things and do what needs to be done to stay in range of where I want to be. AND it doesn't have to be painful. Thanks Serena for leading the way and thanks KD for your words. They really help me.

Glad you had a good time Serena. You have processed through a lot of what I am going through right now and having a hard time, I think for fear of gaining it all back. But I know if I am sensible about the big picture, I can ALWAYS have a handle on things and do what needs to be done to stay in range of where I want to be. AND it doesn't have to be painful. Thanks Serena for leading the way and thanks KD for your words. They really help me.

Thanks Edi, I'm pleased you are finding the diary and its responses helpful (oh, and cheers KD :D). I certainly know my CD journey would have been more difficult without others sharing their experiences because you can learn so much from others. :)

Day 69

It's been my last day's holiday before going back to work tomorrow and I haven't done a lot to be honest. Walked the dogs, sat in the garden, went jogging, cooked a roast dinner and drank a few cups of tea.

Stuck to 1500 calories despite not really being in the mood to today - I just wanted to eat and by that I mean overeat. Have had that niggle all day. In the end I dealt with it by shifting my focus from me choosing between the immediate action (eat or not eat) to me choosing between the likely results of those actions (maintain or regain).

So, from now on I will try to stop asking myself leading questions such as do I fancy a biscuit where my instinctive answer will be "yes", and think of the same question in terms of "do I prefer being a size 8 to a size 18?" - makes the decision a lot easier. :D

Thought for the day:

"While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions."

...So, from now on I will try to stop asking myself leading questions such as do I fancy a biscuit where my instinctive answer will be "yes", and think of the same question in terms of "do I prefer being a size 8 to a size 18?" - makes the decision a lot easier. :D

Well done on making those demons answer to logic! Another good step along the path:D

xx

Back