SA's 810 and beyond diary a.k.a My daily kick up my own behind ;-)

I think Gillian would be proud of you too. :)

LOL I don't know about that - I think Gillian would tut tut and say that I used the distraction technique yesterday instead of facing up to my compulsive overeating-y thoughts :rolleyes: But so what I got a new dress out of it :)

p.s. did I say I had a new dress :D

Only confirming what the others have put, you look great!! x

LOL I don't know about that - I think Gillian would tut tut and say that I used the distraction technique yesterday instead of facing up to my compulsive overeating-y thoughts :rolleyes: But so what I got a new dress out of it :)

p.s. did I say I had a new dress :D
Hmm at the end of the day, she is female so I'd say she'd say it was a very valid distraction technique. Must admit I don't remember that section of the book ie re distraction techniques so must go check that out.

No, you didn't say you had a new dress! You must post a pic :) ;) x

I know i've said this before but you truly are stunning! be proud and show it off!!

xx

LOL I don't know about that - I think Gillian would tut tut and say that I used the distraction technique yesterday instead of facing up to my compulsive overeating-y thoughts :rolleyes:

LOL. I guess there's a difference though. Whether you said "Oh my!!! Got to get out of this house as", or whether you said "Okay...I want to eat, but I'd rather go shopping".

Even if it was the first thing, it's no big deal. Perfection isn't an admirable quality anyway :D

You get a lightbulb moment when you read books such as Gillian's, but it doesn't mean the moment you do the technique, you are suddenly 'cured'. That's not real life...it's messy ;)

But every time you pause instead of eating when you get a craving, you are on your way :) Then the moments get further and further apart and less frequent.

It's just not black and white is it, but it is achievable, and gets so much easier in time.

Anyway, preaching to the converted here :D

After having a not so good food choice day, I really found the last post motivating. It is so true that if we are pausing before eating and thinking and questioning about whether or not to eat it, we really are getting closer . I know I am still learning, but getting there :)

Whether you said "Oh my!!! Got to get out of this house as", or whether you said "Okay...I want to eat, but I'd rather go shopping".

I have to admit that the night before hubby's day out, my instinct was pouty lip stampy feet "but I always do this when hubby is away - I'm missing out on an opportunity!"

But then rather than doing my usual of trying to talk myself out of it using logical arguments (e.g. if you eat poorly you'll feel crappy, you'll regret it the next day etc.) I just thought well, what can I do tomorrow to replace the binge with something much nicer that I can associate with in future?

Trying to build myself some nice memories...I think if I'd just used logic I'd still have had that niggle that I'd somehow "deprived" myself :rolleyes: And I now know that yeah, I'd rather go shopping :D

I'm feeling "happy" today - my totm has finally come after being awol since January (had a few false starts over the last few months which came to nothing). No wonder I've been a grumpy moo all week! Just pleased that my body is finally returning to normal.

Went for my WI last night, my first one in 3 weeks (was supposed to be 2 weeks but was longer because of car trouble). Anyway, I weighed the same as my last WI which I am very happy about. There is hope for me yet...

Was also given a copy of the monthly newsletter that my CDCs produce and they've taken up the entire front page with my story and piccies! It's weird when I read it, feels like it's all about someone else. As long as that "someone else" keeps maintaining I'll be a happy bunny. ;)

Oh, Serena....
has anone seen her?
I need her wise sayings,
not my own twisted brayings...

(almost works lol)!

Hope you are well chick x

Oh, Serena....
has anone seen her?
I need her wise sayings,
not my own twisted brayings...

(almost works lol)!

Hope you are well chick x

LOL that made me chuckle - we have our very own poet laureate

Sadly I have no more sayings
They'd bugun to descend into farce
So we'll have to make do with your brayings
Whilst I admire my skinnier....attitude :D

Just been reading the age-old argument over on the 100% forum about what that forum should be used for and am feeling rage. Sorely tempted to wade in but I think I've made my feelings known on that subject a few too many times :banghead:

Anyway...

Went for my weigh in on Thursday evening, my CDC has got some new super-duper swanky scales that tell you all sorts about your body composition and kindly spit the results out for you on a bit of paper...

Bad news is they reckon I need to lose another 1/2 stone or so...grrrr. My BMR is only 1283 cals per day...double grrr.

Good news is I have a metabolic age of 23 which is 11 years below my actual age -hooray! I also have a body fat % of 25.7 (it says the desirable range is 21-32.9 so I'm still at the lower end of the range) and a visceral fat rating of 3 which is apparently pretty low. I also have a very good rating of % of body water and muscle mass so overall I am very pleased.

I feel vindicated for all those times where I was looked at as though I was mad for "wasting" my time doing toning and strength exercises etc because it didn't speed my losses/show on the scales - well guess what the results have showed up after all - I just needed to use the right scales eh?! ;)

Just been reading the age-old argument over on the 100% forum about what that forum should be used for and am feeling rage

Huggles and all that ;) I had to log off for 30 minutes to go to the loo, [STRIKE]school reports[/STRIKE] procrastinate. Need to go back, but got to find my shield first :cool:

Bad news is they reckon I need to lose another 1/2 stone or so...grrrr.

Ummm. Are you sure?

My BMR is only 1283 cals per day...double grrr.

That's good. Moderately active? That'll make maintenance cals of about 1750 to 1800. Not bad for someone your height :clap:

Good news is I have a metabolic age of 23 which is 11 years below my actual age -hooray!

Fab!

I also have a body fat % of 25.7 (it says the desirable range is 21-32.9 so I'm still at the lower end of the range) and a visceral fat rating of 3 which is apparently pretty low.

It is! It's brill :clap:
I also have a very good rating of % of body water and muscle mass so overall I am very pleased.

So you should be. BTW. Skinny son who is 7% fat :eek: has an overweight BMI (just) because of largish amount of muscle. Well...it's obviously not fat! Any lower would be unhealthy.
well guess what the results have showed up after all - I just needed to use the right scales eh?! ;)

Exactly...and interpret them correctly. Muscle mass, visceral fat etc are more important indicators than BMI

Back