SA's 810 and beyond diary a.k.a My daily kick up my own behind ;-)

Thanks KD and Laura :)

Sadly the scales definitely say my ideal body weight should be 3.3kg less than it is now - my CDC was quite surprised too. Am chuffed to bits with my visceral fat reading which is the biggy for me with my family history of high blood pressure/heart disease so am not too worried for now about the supposed excess lbs.

Thanks KD and Laura :)

Sadly the scales definitely say my ideal body weight should be 3.3kg less than it is now -

But do you know what the scales based this on? Bmi? Any idea?

Does her scale instruction booklet say?

But do you know what the scales based this on? Bmi? Any idea?

Does her scale instruction booklet say?

Not sure - I'm guessing it might be based on BMI. I'm going to ask next time I see her but she did say I could ignore that bit of the reading :D

Hmmm...I don't think you need to lose another half a stone. I think for my height I should be something like 7st 2lb and thats never gonna happen. Id look ill :-(. BMI doesn't take in consideration things like mahhooosive Boobies lol! x

Hmmm...I don't think you need to lose another half a stone. I think for my height I should be something like 7st 2lb and thats never gonna happen. Id look ill :-(. BMI doesn't take in consideration things like mahhooosive Boobies lol! x

LOL :D You are funny xx

Blimey, what scales has she got?! Bet they cost a bomb!

Your readings (apart from the still needing to lose half a stone bit - pah!) are brilliant! Very well done to you!

Can I ask what sort of toning methods you used? And thanks for the rep yesterday :)

xx

Hi darling, dont think you need to loose any more weight, really I dont.
Scared about going to the cd centre, don't want to be put on those scales,lol.
Hoping to go back in a SHORT while, have gained more weight than planned, so might go back to loose the extra, as I still need my belly for the surgery I need, but this hot weather is making me want to loose it all

Blimey, what scales has she got?! Bet they cost a bomb!

Your readings (apart from the still needing to lose half a stone bit - pah!) are brilliant! Very well done to you!

Can I ask what sort of toning methods you used? And thanks for the rep yesterday :)

xx

Thanks Sarah :)

I mainly did taebo which really trains your arms, legs and core muscles, stability ball work and general exercises using low weight/hi rep moves like bicep curls etc with light (1-1.5kg) dumbbells.

Blimey feel worn out just writing about it all :D

Hi darling, dont think you need to loose any more weight, really I dont.
Scared about going to the cd centre, don't want to be put on those scales,lol.
Hoping to go back in a SHORT while, have gained more weight than planned, so might go back to loose the extra, as I still need my belly for the surgery I need, but this hot weather is making me want to loose it all

Ooh Penny lovely to see you petal :hug99:

Be brave, you know you wanna have your ass kicked by Rosie really :D

xx

Thanks for replying, will look into Taebo :) xx

I wonder what day I'm on?

This feels really strange, but I feel a little blue right now. I've just been reading through some of the newbie posts...the apprehensions, the excitement...the hopes and fears...and suddenly I thought "I miss all that" - I mean WTF??

And then I read KD's post in relation to the near goal loss of motivation that so many experience:

Before you started the diet, you may have felt bad about yourself and desperate to get away from that feeling.

And guess what? You've done it :clap: You've got away from it now and so, in your head, you've achieved your goal.

This is one of the reasons why people yoyo. They often don't get to goal, but get close to it, then put on, then get close to it again. Each time running away from being overweight, and as soon as they have done that, up they go again.:sigh:

I kind of feel like my head is still in that place even though I'm at target. I haven't got to grips with not having a weight loss goal anymore. Seeing the Big Brother challenge thread made me smile sadly - every year without fail I would think "right, BB is 12 weeks and at 2lb a week I could be a stone and a half lighter by the end of it blah blah" and every year without fail I'd be sitting watching the final and thnking "if only I'd stuck to my diet, I'd now be sitting here a stone and a half lighter blah blah...oh well it's 4 months till Christmas, if I start again now..." and so on and so forth. I can't do that this year and it feels bloody weird!

Gosh why am I writing this - apologies to anyone reading this, your hearts must be bleeding :rolleyes:

Just feeling really lost...need to find myself a new map to a new destination - hey maybe not even in Dietsville. :eek:

This feels really strange, but I feel a little blue right now. I've just been reading through some of the newbie posts...the apprehensions, the excitement...the hopes and fears...and suddenly I thought "I miss all that" - I mean WTF??

And then I read KD's post in relation to the near goal loss of motivation that so many experience:

I kind of feel like my head is still in that place even though I'm at target. I haven't got to grips with not having a weight loss goal anymore. Seeing the Big Brother challenge thread made me smile sadly - every year without fail I would think "right, BB is 12 weeks and at 2lb a week I could be a stone and a half lighter by the end of it blah blah" and every year without fail I'd be sitting watching the final and thnking "if only I'd stuck to my diet, I'd now be sitting here a stone and a half lighter blah blah...oh well it's 4 months till Christmas, if I start again now..." and so on and so forth. I can't do that this year and it feels bloody weird!

Gosh why am I writing this - apologies to anyone reading this, your hearts must be bleeding :rolleyes:

Just feeling really lost...need to find myself a new map to a new destination - hey maybe not even in Dietsville. :eek:

Serena - all the bleeding hearts have burned themselves out on my thread. Your post makes sense. :)

A lot of your life has revolved around weight loss for so long so it's natural to feel a gap. It goes to show how much time you spent on it doesn't it?

And when you were sitting there watching BB thinking, when I've lost the weight I'll do xyz, now is that time for all that xyz :)

Oh and if you feel like losing some extra weight, you know, just for the fun of it, I've got plenty to donate :p

Hey - I'm not even at goal yet and was thinking the other days, maybe I'm addicted to dieting? Does that make sense at all? Maybe I'm addicted to the weigh in high of being told I'm moving towards something great iyswim?

So taking that in mind, I've decided I'm not going to stop moving. I'm not going to keep dieting after goal, as maintaining will be enough for that particular challenge, but thinking about picking up new skills as I go.

So far have earmarked:

Japanese cooking course
Indian cooking course
Getting more knitting done, maybe even knitting something "big" for myself, like a light dress or something
Learning a language

Just ideas. I think we spend so long trying to push ourselves forward that when we get there its almost like.... say you were climbing a hill and its really hard to get to the top, so you've really picked up some speed to get you there by pushing yourself really hard? So you get to the summit, and just as you get to the summit, you get that stomach feeling in your mouth, and its a bit scary, a bit off balance and a bit dizzying because you've done it?

Then you start the downhill run, and it feels great again because you're moving towards something again?

When I think about CD finishing I get that "top of the hill feeling"

Oh gosh Serena, this is soooo normal!!! I felt exactly the same way and I know many others do too.

Miss that buzz eh. So you have to find it in another way;)

Did you know that (pulls research papers out :D) very many long term maintainers, go into jobs or hobbies relating to diets?

Will explain that better later..rushing between jobs at the mo.

Just wanted to reassure in the meantime

Serena - all the bleeding hearts have burned themselves out on my thread.

LOL - how very dare you :D

Hey - I'm not even at goal yet and was thinking the other days, maybe I'm addicted to dieting? Does that make sense at all? Maybe I'm addicted to the weigh in high of being told I'm moving towards something great iyswim?

Thanks for the input Lexie - totally makes sense. I did anticipate a bit of a void but not quite so much! I like your hill analogy and your list of things, will definitely have to try harder to find a new hobby/focus. My house is full of abandoned one minute wonders where I've tried to make myself have a hobby, ranging from watercolours to a huge telescope! The only thing I seem to be able to keep up a genuine interest in is cooking and eating ;). Note to self...try harder to find a solution, it won't just fall into your lap :rolleyes:.

Oh gosh Serena, this is soooo normal!!! I felt exactly the same way and I know many others do too.

Miss that buzz eh. So you have to find it in another way;)

Did you know that (pulls research papers out :D) very many long term maintainers, go into jobs or hobbies relating to diets?

Will explain that better later..rushing between jobs at the mo.

Just wanted to reassure in the meantime

Aww thanks KD, I know how busy you are :)

I think it's a great idea to find a new hobby to keep you occupied!

Bren
x

Aww thanks KD, I know how busy you are :)

Yes...well sort of :D I'm being tested in every corner at the moment. Been to school 3 times today!!

Go in to ask for extra rehearsal times, just to find that not only can't I have them, but I can't have the children for their normal lesson because

The Tennis Instructor Has Arrived! :clap:
They've Gone On An Outing!:clap:
They've Gone Swimming :clap:

Blah.

So, I come home and come on here and read the 100% forum :clap: :D

And to top it all. I lost a class yesterday! They disappeared. Was teaching them one moment...turned my back and when I looked back they had gone.:confused:

It's been a 'trying' year :D
I think it's a great idea to find a new hobby to keep you occupied!

Yep. Mine is coming on here and watching others do the diet :D

There's a thought... CD as spectator sport! Does posting on minis burn cals?

xxx

And to top it all. I lost a class yesterday! They disappeared. Was teaching them one moment...turned my back and when I looked back they had gone.:confused:

Love it - you're always losing your class aren't you?! :p

You'll never lose us lot though :sign0151:

Mine is coming on here and watching others do the diet :D

PMSL!:8855:

Love it - you're always losing your class aren't you?! :p

Slight exaggeration there :D It's cos they don't listen.

Kids working away in groups (chattering happily about the topic whilst working). One kiddo says "please can I go to XXX". I say, above the chatter "You may go, but go quietly". I turn to deal with tother kiddo who has a problem with something. What happens? Kids hear "Go, but go quietly"...so they all go.

At least they went quietly :rolleyes:

You'll never lose us lot though :sign0151:
I keep trying :D

Back