SA's 810 and beyond diary a.k.a My daily kick up my own behind ;-)

Ouch. I will go now... but quietly!

xxx

Cheap form of calorie burning too!
xx

This feels really strange, but I feel a little blue right now. I've just been reading through some of the newbie posts...the apprehensions, the excitement...the hopes and fears...and suddenly I thought "I miss all that" - I mean WTF??

I certainly felt this way for a long time, still do sometimes:sigh:

All the excitement an apprehension are sort of like a drug, people commenting on your loss, having the group feeling that you get from minimins; all these things make you feel confident and boost your self esteem, which makes dieting a nicer thing to do.

Lol as soon as you've been at goal for a couple of months or more, people stop commenting (although they still sneaky peak to see if you've gained a lb or too:p:D), but no longer comment on your appearance. Minimins seems a bit of a lonelier place as of course the amount of us maintainers is tiny compared to the dieters, I know I felt I couldn't comment on as many posts as I had pre diet, as I felt that people may just think 'oh well it's ok for her to say she's not dieting any more'. However it's been great these past few months as more and more are reaching maintenance and so our little group is expanding:clap:

Gosh why am I writing this - apologies to anyone reading this, your hearts must be bleeding :rolleyes:

Totally understand, and it's so good to write everything down and reread, eventually it all fits into place.

Did you know that (pulls research papers out :D) very many long term maintainers, go into jobs or hobbies relating to diets?

Exactly why I became a counsellor, main reason was extremely selfish:eek: I thought if I were helping others to loose weight it would give me the incentive to keep my own weight in check. Other reason was because I wanted to spread the word and help others to feel exactly as I felt when I finished the diet:D
Just wanted to reassure in the meantime

Thanks for your kind words on KD's diary, they mean a lot, sorry I couldnt give rep but apparently I have to spread myself about a bit:D If you read this Katycakes this message is for you too, thank you both.

Tracey
xxx

So does Jedi training. ;)

I really want to sign off my posts as "Ms Skywalker" but by implication that leaves our KD as Yoda - flattering comparison wisdom-wise but not so great in the green-and-wrinkly department...can you imagine the newbies "I heard CD could make you lose your hair but this is effing ridiculous!!"

If I disappear off Minis you'll know who's banned me...:D

All the excitement an apprehension are sort of like a drug, people commenting on your loss, having the group feeling that you get from minimins; all these things make you feel confident and boost your self esteem, which makes dieting a nicer thing to do.

Lol as soon as you've been at goal for a couple of months or more, people stop commenting (although they still sneaky peak to see if you've gained a lb or too:p:D)

Hahah yes I'm getting the surveying-me-up-and-down looks already, mind you I've never maintained before so I can understand peoples' scepticism.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, it's so very helpful :)

I really want to sign off my posts as "Ms Skywalker" but by implication that leaves our KD as Yoda - flattering comparison wisdom-wise but not so great in the green-and-wrinkly department...can you imagine the newbies "I heard CD could make you lose your hair but this is effing ridiculous!!"

PMSL. Well you can blame me if you get banned. I started it.

KD is The Force though :)

How about Jedi in training for your sig?

I'm off on holiday tomorrow...going to Cornwall for a week - yay!

It'll be the longest I've ever spent without posting or lurking on Minimins since I started CD last year - I'm really gonna miss it! :eek:

See ya'll next week xx

I'm off on holiday tomorrow...going to Cornwall for a week - yay!

You heard that folks!!! Serena's going on holiday. If she's not around it's not my fault :p

Have a great time Serena. Say hello to the boats and crabs :clap: Oh, and have a cream tea for me please. Haven't had one in ages!

Have a fab time Serena and see you when you get back!

xxx

You heard that folks!!! Serena's going on holiday. If she's not around it's not my fault :p

Have a great time Serena. Say hello to the boats and crabs :clap: Oh, and have a cream tea for me please. Haven't had one in ages!
Anyone else sceptic about this? Serena is going to Jedi training - we know :D

Serena - hope you've had a fab holiday. I'm going down in July so can you recommend some good places to go/ things to do. I've never been down there.

Hi darling, hope you have a wonderful holiday,and I just wanted to wish you good luck with the race for life next weekend, I have decided not to do it this year. Huggles as always.

Hello campers.

Well I had a lovely holiday, Cornwall was every bit as beautiful and charming as I remember (went when I was 6 years old :family2:)

I last went on holiday (a proper one) 4 years ago and was calorie counting during it, and for some reason the "shall I shan't I?" food dilemmas I had are pretty much the first thing I remember when I look back on that holiday.

So this time around I have to admit that I overindulged on the cream teas and meals out. Didn't deliberately set out to overindulge but that's how it turned out and the enjoyment I got outweighed the negative of putting on a pound or two at the end of it.

So, although my clothes are feeling a bit snug I'm not stressing out as I decided what was important to me and am happy to deal with the consequences i.e. cutting back a little for the next couple of weeks or so...no big deal. Not so keen on the bloaty feeling though so will be very pleased to be back to my new "old self" very shortly. :)

I remember when stepping up to 1000 calories and it seemed like tons of food - "how could I ever have managed 4000 calories in one day??" - but 1000 cals is only tons if it's made up of CD sachets, plain chicken and veg...;) Sadly I think a cream tea has around a gazillion calories per serving - damn those Cornish people and their wares :D

Glad you had a fantastic time! I love Cornwall too, we went quite regularly when kids were smaller but havent been for a few years now. One of my favourite places is Tintagel.

Tracey
xxx

Hey serena, so happy that you had an awesome time im cornwall and indulged a little, must be a great feeling to know that you have full control of what you Are eating without going into binge mode, good on you. As for cornwall, I agree, what a lovely place. My boy and I hired a small van and did a bit of england, that was one of the places we visited, was sweet :)

Have never been, but always wanted to... it sounds great! Those cream teas sound pretty amazing too!

xxx

welcome back hun:D, glad to hear you enjoyed your hols and enjoyed the 'freedom' of being a 'normal' person around food, i'm working on that freedom too;).

xx

Thanks for all your comments :)

I stayed in a farm cottage on the north coast just outside Boscastle (only a few miles away from Tintagel) and it was beautiful.

Back to work today...hols seem like a lifetime ago already but I'm pleased to be back to a routine when it comes to my food. After some careful eating yesterday (including the first of this year's salad and new potatoes fresh from the garden!) my tummy has debloated slightly this morning thank goodness :D

Back