SA's 810 and beyond diary a.k.a My daily kick up my own behind ;-)

Gosh, way too much to quote, but thank you so much for your posts Katy, Tracey, Sleepybird, Aussieraquel, KD, Penny, Bren and Laura.

I'd like to say it's good to know that I'm not alone in my experiences but that would be like saying that I'm glad everyone else struggles too, which of course I don't mean :D

Head still feels screwed up but on the plus side I've so far managed to avoid bingeville...just.

It's race for life tomorrow and because it's of course for cancer research and it falls on the 21st (the date of the month that my dad passed away from cancer) and also coincides with father's day it's got me grieving again. Sorry if that sounds like I'm out for sympathy but I just felt the need to explain why I'm being such a wuss, I know you can't put a timefarme on such things but it's been 7 months now since he went but I feel like I'm going backwards. I'm hoping that once tomorrow's out of the way I might perk up a bit.

Anyway, thanks again all, I can't tell you how much I value your support xxx

Thinking of you Serena. It's definitely a tough time and the 'first' times ie first Father's Day are often the hardest. I know your dad will be looking down on you and cheering really loudly. If you listen, I'll bet you'll be able to hear him :) xx

Ps. Would you be a bit easier on yourself? It's perfectly understandable to feel how you are and you deserve sympathy so here's some hugs from me (((((Serena))))

Last edited:
We'll be thinking of you tomorrow honey... hugs.

xxx

Thinking of you Serena. It's definitely a tough time and the 'first' times ie first Father's Day are often the hardest. I know your dad will be looking down on you and cheering really loudly. If you listen, I'll bet you'll be able to hear him :) xx

Ps. Would you be a bit easier on yourself? It's perfectly understandable to feel how you are and you deserve sympathy so here's some hugs from me (((((Serena))))

We'll be thinking of you tomorrow honey... hugs.

xxx

:thankyou:

Good luck for the race for life tomorrow. I know it will be a very emotional time for you, but remember to feel proud of yourself as I know your Dad will be, and of course so are all of us:)

My daughter Kim will be there, she's a roadrunner for radio invicta/heart radio.

Will be thinking of you

Tracey
xxx

Wishing you lots of luck for today hunny!

xx

Lots of hugs Serena. It'll be an emotional day for you. :hug99: But what a very positive way to spend the day.

Have a great run mate. Will be thinking about you.
HugFri05.gif

Huggles as always darling lady.
Let us know how you got on, thought about coming to cheer you on, but the night hasnt been a good one, so its probably just as well I didnt sign up, I must of known,lol.

Awww thanks everybody :)

Well...have done the race, got round in 31 minutes by my watch (official timer was 32.17 but it doesn't allow for the usual faffing of getting to the actual start line). They split us into 3 groups - runners, joggers and walkers so I plumped for the joggers but kept getting stuck behind "runners" who decided to walk i.e get in the way after only a few hundred metres...grrrr! I reckon I could have completed the course in 15 minutes if it weren't for that ;) :D

Am feeling proud of myself as running even 200m would have been unthinkable for me this time last year, and have raised around £100 too.

Have put a couple of piccies in my album if you want to have a laugh at my bad hair and red face!

xxx

Well done Serena, so proud of you!!!

xxx

Congratulations Serena, what a great time you did it in! and still managed to look lovely at the finish line.

Tracey
xxx

morning hunny, just wanted to say well done you!!

Well, after the positivity of yesterday morning's race I pressed the self-destruct button in my head and ate...and ate and ate and ate and had a full-on binge.

Woke up this morning determined to feel positive but I almost drove home from work this lunchtime in order to quickly go and stuff my face. I thought better of it and am currently sat at my desk typing between mouthfuls of soup with veggies but gawd knows what'll happen when I get home tonight.

Definitely having one of those times where I feel possessed by some mysterious outside force to overeat and keep damaging myself - you know like when you get a bruise and keep pressing it to see how much it hurts??

Of course it's all so ridiculous - I'm clearly the one making all the decisions and have the power to make the right ones at any time I choose and yet I feel so helpless.

I know I can do this, I know how strong I can be and I read inspirational posts and get fired up for a minute but all logic and words of wisdom are bouncing off my brain like water off a duck's back at the moment...

:mad:

Serena stop thinking about what you have done (enjoyed your holiday and gained a few lb's). Think of this as any other day on maintenance. Find a day in your food diary that you didn't get bored with and stuck to and follow that for the week. It will only take a week or so to sort things out. You know this.

Look at your pics...... look at the person you would rather be and stay with that inspiration and focus.

Be strong. You are an inspiration to many and will continue to be. This is life and maintenance presents many of these problems for all of us.

IMPORTANT TO LOOK FORWARD AND NOT AT THE PAST. I'm sure I could find one of your many quotes for you to heed your own advice.

Bren
XX

Back