~Sass's Food Diary~

I don't know why but this diet almost feels to good to be true, like i cant believe i can eat like this and lose weight. I'm thinking i need to watch my snacking abit more but today for some reason i wanted to pick all day.

Tomorrow i'm going to plan my meals in the day as i have found over the past few days i have just made it up as the day goes on but the danger is for tea i end up having to be careful with the carbs i can have. If i plan it then at least i should know where i'm at.

Day 4 - Food plan

B - 3 egg omelett - 0
1 bacon rasher - 0
3 small mushrooms - 2
3oz chedder cheese -3
L - Baby leaf spinach 1 cup - 3
Lettuce - 1 cup - 2
egg and bacon sarni filler - 4
D - Creamy mushroom soup - 4.5
Total carbs - 18.5g

I'm abit worried today as my eldest son who is at a secondary scool where 1 teacher has a confirmed case of swine flu is now showing symptoms :cry: I'm just waiting for a call from local GP as to what i need to do. Things like this are often a trigger to munch but today i want to be good and cut out my snacking. I'm concerned about calories i'm taking in. Oh but maybe just one bag of scratching :D we shall see how my day pans out. I really enjoyed my breakfast was uber yummy !!!

I jumped on my scales, which i must say are always about 2lbs out from boots scales but the bonus is on my scales on wednesday i was 16.10 and this morning im showing as 16.8 which is a 2lb loss in 2 days. If i manage any sort of loss this week i will be really happy as i was worried i would gain after doing a no food diet to eating all these lovely yummy food we eat on Atkins. I did weigh myself on boots scales on day 2 so i will go and weigh in on boots scales on thursday.

Anyway weather is rubbish here so i think i'm going to just chill with my atkins book and wait for the GP to call back.

Hope your all having a great day.

Just got back from doc's my son is being treated as a suspected case of swine flu as they have stopped testing for it now and are just treating cases so i think thats him off school for the week.

I haven't had any lunch today so i think i will have some salad or some veg along with my dinner. I so cant wait for my yummy soup, think i will go and start making it.

Whats tis yummy soup??? do tell how to make it.

Hope everything goes well for your son. i dont know anything about the ins and outs of swine flu.

Its creamy Mushroom Soup :drool:

16oz sliced mushrooms
1 clove of garlic
2 tbsp butter
2 cups of chicken broth/stock
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup of cream

Clean & slice mushrooms, spread them into a shallow oven proof baking dish in a double layer with the garlic, butter, salt and pepper, cook for an hour until they are completely cooked and the juice is thick and dark or fry them in a pan as i have seen many recipes do it that way to, its just a little faster.

Once cooked set aside a few mushrooms for a garnish and put the rest into the blender, add the broth/stock and blend until smooth.

Poor into a saucepan and heat for 5 mins, add the cream and cook, stirring for a further 5 mins. Do not allow to boil as this will make the cream curdle though !!

Makes 6 servings so can use it over the next few days if kept in the fridge.

4.5g per serving.

Sass, I hope your son recovers soon or that it's a false alarm.
Where can I get pork scratching?

i get pork scratching from my local shop but you can also get them from most butchers. Thanks for the get well wishes for my son wrinkly. xx

B - 3 egg omelett - 0
1 bacon rasher - 0
3 small mushrooms - 2
3oz chedder cheese -3
L - Half pot salmon and cream cheese sarni filler -3
Mackerel - 0

D - Creamy mushroom soup - 4.5
1 cup of broccoli - 5
S - 2 x Pork scratchings 0.6
1 pack of fridge raiders

Total carbs - 20.2g

Re-entering todays foods as i changed it a little through the day.

I made the soup for my tea which was lovely but it didnt go into 6 servings as it said it should. I got 5 at a push and thats in mugs as it says but still they are only 3/4 full.

Right Missy!!!!

You thought you'd escaped mwahaha! Just checking up on you hunny, sounds like you're doing fab and enjoying yourself too!

Hope your son's doing well too sweety x

Anyway, don't be a stranger, let us know how you're doing :D xxx

Hiya hun - Its great to see you here, i kinda feel abit guilty posting on the thread as i'm stuffing my face. I did however have a wee read of the team thread and i see your doing really well too. In a size 20 WOW and well done to you, that's so brill !!!

Hows the day going with the prep before your mum comes later ?

Yea things are going really well so far, my scales are moving surprisingly as i didn't really expect a loss but i wont confirm my loss until i weigh at boots on Thursday. To be eating all this and losing weight is totally amazing and if done the right way i'm sure i can experience some good, fast losses.

wow i'm really over the moon for you with all that your achieving hun, what your doing wasn't easy for me because i keep sabotaging my efforts on a weekly basis but it so seems to be going well for you xxx

and wow again, i have just taken a look at your pics after just 1 month. JUST AMAZING !!!! your looking great girl.

B come L - 3 poached eggs - 0
2 rashers of bacon - 0
1 portobello mushroom - 2
2oz cheese - 2

+
a creamy coffee - 1

D - 1 cup of lettuce - 3ish
1 cup of baby leaf spinach - 3ish
1 grilled chicken breast - 0
caesar dressing - 2
grated parmesan on top - 1
Snack - 2 x pork scratching 0.6
25 dry roasted nuts 4

Total Carbs - 18.6g

Think i shouldn't have had those nuts on induction but i see them in the carb count made easy sticky and thought yum and then when i read allowed foods on induction in my book nuts are not on the list. I hope this wont knock me out of ketosis. :sign0007:

My breakfast was also my lunch hence the amount that i had, it was yummy and filled me up nicely which i have been working off whilst cleaning my house.

Got lots more to do so i had better be off but i plan to have a chicken caesar salad for tea at about 7ish this evening.

Calories in are looking okay for today too so all it good.

Tomorrow i plan to start my exercising which i'm looking forward to.

Last edited:
Well this is me just finishing my housework, i think i started at about 12ish - that's 7hrs of hard graft + i've still got to cook the dinner.

I have felt so full of energy today, its been great. I have gone through my whole 3 story house cleaning, hoovering and even cleaning the paintwork as my lovely 3 boys like to come through the house like a bunch of tornadoes with dirty hands etc and my banisters which i must add i only glossed about 8 weeks ago were B.L.A.C.K !!!! They have now been warned to wash hands before coming upstairs lol bet they dont though.

Hoping todays cleaning mission would have helped me burn off some more fat :fingerscrossed: Going to start on my exercises tomorrow and i'm actually looking forward to it.

Oooo well done you hun! That is some hard graft! I'm sure it's bound to all help out, housework's hard work! I did a little bit too but i only have a flat so it didn't take as long lol..

Housework? what's that? ;)

B - 3 egg omelette - 0
3oz Cheese - 3
Knob of butter - 0
dash of cream 0.5

+
1 cup of creamy coffee - 0.5

L - smoked kippers - 0
D - 1 cup of brocolli - 5
1 cup of cauliflower - 5
cod - 0
Cheese sauce - 3ish

Total - 17g

Well thats my food plan for the day :D

I've been reading my Atkins book most the weekend, bits here n there and yesterday before my housework mission began i was ready about the OWL part of the diet which has left me a little bit worried about moving up to this phase of the diet.

Am i right in saying that to find your resistant level you should add more carbs into your diet via veg + salad in weekly intervals and once you stop losing weight and come out of ketosis you need to drop it down a little, till you back into ketosis and your losing weight again ? or have i got it totaly wrong ?

This phase worried me because it seems there is no wrong or right as its about each individual person and we are all different in how we cope with carbs.

So for arguments sake - 40g a day could be right for say Peter but Paul can only cope with 30g a day before he stops losing and comes out of ketosis. right or wrong ?

And is the allowed foods the same as on induction but you can just have more salad/veg but up to the limit your body can cope with. See yesterday i had nuts which i'm kinda sure i shouldn't have had on induction but they are in the sticky at the top about carb counting made easy. I have scanned through the rest of my Atkins book and i cant not see a list of allowed foods on the OWL phase of this diet.

Also a question for those who have or are doing the OWL phase, how long did it take you to find your resistant level and what amount of grams of carbs can your body's deal with ? Just out of curiosity. :D

OK, here we go. My stickie at the top explains the extra veggies you can start adding in.

I agree about the peter and paul thing. I maintain on between 50 - 60 carbs a day.

I added 5 extra carbs a day per month in OWL, I know the book said weekely but for me monthly worked better.

Hope3 that helps Hayley.

Back