Saturday, Hour by Hour!!!

Lisalu, wait till you can have the bars - I love them!!! I think your tastes DO change on CD, I wasn't keen on the choc to start with but I love it now!

Lazy, my daughter is 15 & my son is 16, almost 17... they are very supportive, but I have to accept them eating food around me... the last thing I want to do is mess up their ideas on food and eating.

xxx

Curly, don't be scared. Putting food back in the picture is where the real work is for me... but having that break from it on SS really helped me to sort out what I wanted and gave me space to work on my binge-eat demons. I had to step up to 810 in Feb while working away, and opted to stay there till goal as I wanted to face the challenges that food brought. I did well for ages and then started bending the rules until I basically fell right off the wagon, but that was perhaps a good thing because it was a LEARNING thing. I think!!!

We haven't failed if we learn from our mistakes, right, and I so want to get to goal I am determined not to take my eye off the ball again. That's why this thread is so helpful really! But DON'T be scared of 810, it should keep you in ketosis and losing weight, and also teach you how to create better patterns with food. I didn't eat in the evenings with SS but did do an SS+ week before 810.

The three girls have now gone out, son still comatose...

xxx

I'm not sure I could cope with older kids around. My girls are 4 and 2, and the eldest has already asked if she can just have a Nesquick shake for breakfast cause Mummy did. I guess its going to be hard to explain to them why I'm not eating at mealtimes whilst still persuading them both to eat their veggies ;)

The three girls have now gone out, son still comatose...

xxx

Think that's a boy thing :rolleyes:
Number 2 son has just crawled from the pit and no sound from number 1 sons room.
Damn, No 2 is cooking bacon....... back soon, think I'll take the dogs out until it's a bacon free zone here :eek:

Annie x

Yup, probably a boy thing. Son has now crawled out of his bed and is scarfing down a bowl of muesli... I am trying not to be jealous! I'm hungry now, counting every minute till midday when I can have my bar... almost two pints of water down though, which is good for me.

Hope everyone else is OK!

xxx

Not long until lunch time. A yummy soup ahead of me instead of all the childrens party food. Boy, would a few sausage rolls and some icecream go down nicely right now though...

Well done on the water Katy, its something I struggle with. Did do when I was doind WW, sure I will do on SS too. Looking forward to trying the water flavours asap.

At least being in ketosis does make you thirsty, I'm reminded of that now I'm back in k after a while of messing about! So that helps me to keep sipping, but I hate drinking cold still water & flavoured water is worse again, so it's always in the form of herb tea... still, that's OK today as it's kind of grey and cold and drizzly here. Where did the sun go?!!!!

Time for my bar... made it!!!

xxx

Hey Gals, well still had no packs yet - it usually works out that the sooner i start on them the sooner i think about cheating, so if i have all my packs still to have late afternoon/evening then i may go through better. (thats the theory anyway :confused:) Haven't managed a lot of water though - just been to the local shops to get some sparkling mineral water (to put some flavouring in). They had loads of different brands of mineral water but it was all still! Wheres the sense in that? :confused:

Hubby is still at footy - girls are watching yet more tv! (and its only Day 1 of the Easter Hols!) and Oliver has woken up, had a feed and is now being grumpy!

Just took my daughter to her friends birthday party and Hallelujah!- I don't have to stay with her. My first temptation out of the way. So back home now for a nice warm soup that I'm determined to enjoy.

Also managed my first 1 and a half pints of water already. If the diet doesn't work, I'm bound to lose weight due to the constant trips up and down the stairs to the loo!

Back from the hairdressers now-feeling great! Have to start catching up with the water now-don't know if I might save the shake for later to have with the bar....hmmm decisions, decisions!

Rayven, you're so brave hanging on that long without anything! I am useless! Have to have a porridge as soon as I get up, bar at midday, etc... but then the evenings aren't usually a big danger zone for me, the daytime is more. And if it works for you that's brilliant!!! I totally know what you mean about the fizzy water, I hate the still.

Lisalu, phew, safe from the jelly & ice cream!!! Lol, never thought of those trips to the loo as exercise!!!

Fab, Sparkles, a new hairdo is a great confidence boost!!!

xxx

Afternoon everyone! :wavey:
Sparkles - you'll have to post a pic of your new do! I need to get mine done but it always costs so much - and with the credit crunch putting us in a bit of a pinch at the mo it'll just have to wait. My girls have pretty much got hair down to their bottoms and they're trying to convince me to let them have it all chopped off! :eek:

lisalulu - I know what you mean about the kids parties - its not so bad if they go to one of those play barn thingies where they have a set meal (although they always smell really good too - and my hubby always ends up ordering something which doesn't help!) but when its a buffet and everythings out ready for the taking its all too much! Glad you didn't have to sit through it.

Katycakes - When i'm not dieting i generally go all day without food anyway - its when they hubby gets home from work & the evening sets in when i start eating my lil heart out! :eek: So going pretty much all day without a shake isn't a problem - however, i find if i have my first shake early, then i start wanting my second and then my third and then i'll be craving food - so the longer i go the more likely i am to have a 100%er! :)

Just tried a leek and potato soup, and the smell made me feel nauseous. I know you are meant to finish the whole sachet, but I was throwing up after a few spoonfuls- its was horrible. Tastes like powder :( Think this is one flavour I'll be passing on in future.

Totally right about the party Rayven- we held our daughters at a playbarn place which was brilliant. It meant that the only thing for me to binge on was the left over cake, otherwise I'd of probably put on a good few lbs that day

Awww lisalulu - i was the same with the soups. Have you tried mixing it in a blender and then heating on the stove? It tends to get the mixture a bit smoother. (i stick with the shakes and bars now though)

I have a few soup packs left for the week, although I did go mainly for shakes. I'll try using your method for my remaining soups and then if I really don't like them I'll stick with the sweet stuff.

When i first tried Cambridge i found both the soups and the shakes unbearable - (i don't think i was mixing them up enough and they tasted really grainy!) but i found that mixing the soups in a blender and 'then' heating them on the stove made them more bearable (i still wasn't keen though) - and you can add pepper for seasoning.
I make my shakes from cold water kept in the fridge and then mix in smoothie maker (or blender) and add ice. Yummy!

Yeah, i chose a mix of different flavours for this first week and Im keeping a note of whats Ok. Just back from doing some grocery shopping, hope hubby appreciates it! did consider telling him to go himself but he's always working and he'd just end up eating jam sandwiches for tea if I didnt have something organised! Think I'll have a half shake soon but might wait till the little one has a sleep.

Yeah, my H2b also works long hours so all the food based chores are left for me. Probably one of the reasons I'm the weight that I am.

Just picked my daughter up from the birthday party and there is now a large supply of sweets, cakes and crisps littering the kitchen table. Am really hungry after this afternoons failed attempt at soup so I may have to have a half shake now, one for 'dinner' and then an early night. Think I'll try using some ice this time too

Ice and fridge cold water is a good idea as drinking the shakes anything other than ice cold isn't quite as nice.
Early nights during the early stages are a must too! lol

On for a good day.............so far.

Well so far am on 100% for ss!! :D This not starting my shakes until later seems to be keeping me focused - although its now half 3 and my tummy is making very questionable noises, so i think it may be time for my first shake soon. :) Haven't had an awful lot of water though - must venture out to find some sparkling mineral water for my flavouring. (does the water count with flavouring? :confused:)

Back