Savoury Couscous

Brightonrosie

I want to be fitter again
Has any one tried making a savoury cous cous flan type thing. I made one yesterday in the same way as you would make the cake but I added chopped bacon, mushrooms, diced onions corianader and tiny bits of quorn sausage. Great for packed lunchx

One of my favourite variations of the SW quiche is to use a sachet of ainsley harriott mushroom cous cous as the base with added mushrooms and tomatoes. I think this gives the best finished texture and of course it tastes great!

One of my favourite variations of the SW quiche is to use a sachet of ainsley harriott mushroom cous cous as the base with added mushrooms and tomatoes. I think this gives the best finished texture and of course it tastes great!

That sounds fab!!
How do you get it to go as a base though and it not to just mix in with the eggy bit??
Sorry to sound a bit thick but ive never tried the SW Quiche but want to give it a go, and your version sounds even better!!
xxx

There are so many variations but the basic idea is to mix a small tub of cottage cheese (I like the chive one) with beaten egg (I use 4) and season it well. Add whatever vegetables you fancy or have left over and bake in a flan dish for around 40 minutes. You can also add a pasta 'n' sauce, savoury rice or cous cous on green and EE days. On red and EE add your choice of tuna, ham, bacon, chicken or whatever. If you do a search you'll loads of recipes but I really just chuck in whatever I have lying around and it always comes out well. Great for lunch at work!

Back