Savoury treats? Low or preferably no syns?

Hi all,
I've only recently started, and am struggling to know pick at all the wrong stuff... I can cope with toffee yogurts for a sweet fix, but am struggling with the savory side of things....today the kids are having Mac Donalds, and I'm generally craving fries! :-/ I'm being good and not having them, would happily have sw chips instead but they take too long, any ideas for a quick fix? Closest I've come up with so far is instant mash with salt and vinegar on when the family have chip shop! Lol x

I have ham rolled up with cottage cheese and beetroot - yum. I prefer that to crisps now!

That sounds very nice & will be going on my shopping list! :)

I was thinking I should have made a sw quiche last night, I really need to learn to plan ahead, that's definitely my down fall! x

A quicker version of SW chips is to microwave a couple of potatoes, then when they're cooked cut them into wedges and quickly shallow fry them with either a teaspoon of oil (2 syns) or some fry-light (0 syns)

To be honest I can rarely be bothered to cook SW chips cos they do take a while, but these are much quicker (15 mins tops) and taste great.

That sounds like a very good idea :) will try it later in the week, thanks.

I ended up having a McCain jacket potato(1syn I think and only takes 5 mins to cook so meant I didn't Nick the kids chips while I waited!) with low fat cottage cheese on... Much less syns & calories than the large fries & mozzarella dippers I wanted! Quite proud of myself, I'm usually useless at saying no. x

I ended up having a McCain jacket potato(1syn I think and only takes 5 mins to cook so meant I didn't Nick the kids chips while I waited!)

I bought the McCain jackets myself at the weekend .... as a potato fiend, these are a God send in the freezer (and surprisingly good too!) :D

P x

I know you don't like to plan but if you can make them one night, SW scotch eggs are lovely and HUGE and only 2 syns each. I adore them

I know you don't like to plan but if you can make them one night, SW scotch eggs are lovely and HUGE and only 2 syns each. I adore them

Lian I adore the scotch eggs too and have also aimed for a similar weight loss to yours stated in your signature.... And my birthday is the 21st dec! Spooky! Hehe

Sent from Katie's iPhone using MiniMins

I don't like scotch eggs unfortunately :-( but I'm sure it's great for others :)

Forgot to mention I'm the world's fussiest eater :-/ lol. I even struggle with the 3rd super free, as I don't like salad, and very limited veggies. x

my savory fix is baby new potatoes, boil them and chuck them in a frying pan with fry light with seasoning....much better than sw chips and pretty much half the time and messing about! :) also nandos chip sprinkle is amazing and free, BUT i cant find it in the shops anymore :(

my savory fix is baby new potatoes, boil them and chuck them in a frying pan with fry light with seasoning....much better than sw chips and pretty much half the time and messing about! :) also nandos chip sprinkle is amazing and free, BUT i cant find it in the shops anymore :(

The Nando's chip sprinkle is actually half a Syn per 2 level tablespoons :)

Back