Sbridge7 steps up the plans and to maintenance :) I'm below goal!!!

sbridge7

Silver Member
Hey everyone,
I hope you don't mind me joining you; this morning weighing in at 10.11, I decided to move over to 1000 after weeks of my losses slowing down. My original goal is 10.7 but I'm less worried about that now. If I do lose 4lbs, I'll be just as content as if I don't. My main aim is to tone up now and exercise and learn to be more cotent with myself.

Here's some information about me. I started CD SS on 29th June weighing in at 16.2 and a clothes size 18. I'm now 10.11 and I'm a size 12, with some odd size 10 pieces. I did SS until I got to 11.5 in November and since then I've lost 8lbs on 810 which has been pretty slow, but I'm learning to not to get too wound up with the scales. Really hoping to incorporate more exercise to change my lifestyle. I've always been overweight from the age of 5/6; I did lose weight at 14 and then again at 16 but I gained it all again because I was never content as I could never get under 12.7 or 13 stone. Now I'm hoping that I'll be able to maintain because I'm more content with my weight. I'm still not 100% happy with my body, but I know it is more a case of exercise and toning rather than weight loss.

Tuesday 29th December

Breakfast: 40g Porridge Oats with milk from allowance.

Lunch: CD apple and cinnamon pack, bowl of lettuce and cucumber.

Dinner: White fish fillet with 40g basmati rice and broccoli.

Snack: 100g of apple, CD bar

Drinks: 3 litres of pure water, 2.5 litre of no added sugar squash, rest of milk allowance, can of pepsi.

Did anyone find that drinking diet coke/carbonates and squash affected their weight loss? I'm still planning of drinking 3 litres of pure water, in addition to squash.

I look forward to getting to know you all :)

Last edited:
What's your BMI? I'd say 810 as you get to have a small meal in the evening; you shouldn't do SS/SS+ if your BMI is under 25.

810 should still give you great losses x

Hi and welcome to the maintenance... (so-called in my case!). You've done so well... the great thing about this board is that we all learn from each other, and I felt v. inspired reading your first post... thanks and good luck with the rest of your journey!

xxx

Thanks Katy :) I'm worried about maintaining as that's the hardest part but I've peeked at the diaries in this section and have collected many tips. Thank you very much for your kind words, minimins has been amazing.

I just had dinner and it was lovely, I haven't had rice in so long. I've drunk 3 litres of pure water and around 2 litres of squash. It's so nice to be able to sip something else rather than water. Still yet to have my bar and apple. Will have that in a bit. I still feel guilty for having squash because I've been 100% for 26 weeks now and have only tried the water flavourings. However I suppose indulging on squash is much better than picking at other things. I've already planned what I'm having tomorrow. Not feeling so hungry but then again I've consumed quite a lot of water and squash. Might treat myself to a can of Pepsi later.

Hi Sbridge - welcome over to maintenance section :)
Well done on your losses!

I have only just begun the actual side of 'maintenance' too although have been in this bit a while as moved up to 810 and then 1000 after losing 4 1/2 stone. I have had an xmas gain though, so need to shift that before concenctrating back on the maintenance again.

Hope you have a wonderful 'slim' New Year, and here's to maintaining forever now :) xx

Hi Sbridge - welcome over to maintenance section :)
Well done on your losses!

I have only just begun the actual side of 'maintenance' too although have been in this bit a while as moved up to 810 and then 1000 after losing 4 1/2 stone. I have had an xmas gain though, so need to shift that before concenctrating back on the maintenance again.

Hope you have a wonderful 'slim' New Year, and here's to maintaining forever now :) xx

That's amazing! My losses slowed down quite a bit on 810 so it's nice to see someone who managed to lose so much on 810 and 1000. Good luck on shifting that gain, it'll be off in no time :) xx

oh nooo I think I'm confusing lol - I lost 4 1/2 stone on SS - and then moved up to 810/1000 from then on. It really slowed down after SS and took a good while to lose on 810/1000 but did start to come off eventually. I'm probably closer to 6 stone loss instead of the 7 I had lost at the beginning of December, but I intend to get right back into it, esp come Sunday when all the temptations/meals etc have gone and 'normality' begins again...in a weird weird way I can't wait x

Yeah once the holidays are over it will be so much easier :) Even still 2.5 stone is an impressive amount to lose on 810/1000, as that's where food becomes involved x

Well done and welcome to the wonderful world of maintenance. It can be a rollercoaster and it isn't always simple or go quite as we planned but it's all part of the journey and we can all learn from eachother.

xx

Hi Shantel,
welcome over to maintainence hon!!! so good to see you here!!! where has the time gone.............. I know I always say it to you but you have done so well hon...... I remember before you started before your 18th birthday and you were enquiring about CD and now you are maintaining!! Your a real star and Im so proud of you.. You should be so so proud of yourself.............
Welcome over hon xxxxxxxxx

Well done and welcome to the wonderful world of maintenance. It can be a rollercoaster and it isn't always simple or go quite as we planned but it's all part of the journey and we can all learn from eachother.

xx

Thank you! I've certainly learnt a lot from reading the other diaries :) I know it's going to be a lot harder now without the safety net of SS/810 but it's exciting at the same time x

Hi Shantel,
welcome over to maintainence hon!!! so good to see you here!!! where has the time gone.............. I know I always say it to you but you have done so well hon...... I remember before you started before your 18th birthday and you were enquiring about CD and now you are maintaining!! Your a real star and Im so proud of you.. You should be so so proud of yourself.............
Welcome over hon xxxxxxxxx

Thanks Marissa! Time has gone so quickly; I remember the time I would spend on Minimins really excited to start my own journey and can't believe I'm here now :) Thanks for all your kind words xxxxxx

Back