SB's first (and only) attempt

I've just read your diary all the way through. It's so nice to know that I'm not the only one obsessed with food occasionally!! You have done so so well especially having breaks and then getting back on the diet.

I'm trying to be 100% until special occasion, e.g. I'm going to London at the end of Oct. It's proving difficuly but I'm so determined this time.

Thank you for sharing your diary. Good luck for this week and well done on the weight loss so far!! :)

thanks.

having had breaks and now a slightly dodgy but not 'official' break week, i think the important thing is to have as big a period 100% inbetween breaks as you can stand (assuming you think you can cope with breaks). the first two breaks were ok as i had a full month 100% before them but the last one was a bit closer to the previous one and i think it wierdly made me less conscious of not going too mad and unsettled me.

am back in the right mind-set now. i even have my first wedding anniversary in a couple of weeks and the worst i'm going to do is have one meal out with a very small portion of carbs (and that's only so i can have one drink without worrying too much about getting ill!).

i've had a really big boost. was out last night and genuinely didn't have a thing to wear due to being between sizes and ended up wearing a really nice dress i've had for ages and i'm not sure if i've ever even worn as i bought it at a point when my weight was going up. it's so incredibly flattering (most of my clothes still make my stomach look fat - which it is, i am definitely an apple! i'm smaller now but still the same proportions sadly)

was with some friends i haven't seen in a few weeks and got loads of compliments for the weight i've lost. and loads of compliments for the dress from people who i've not met and so not aware i've lost weight (and people generally only compliment clothes if they're making you look good!) :D

plus was nice to be out with my mega mega attractive friend and not feel like the fat one. not that i've let that kind of thing hold me back in the past but just made the whole night so much more fun (especially when you can't drink, you need a boost to help you feel it's worth the sacrifice and i'm finally getting that now).

still a couple of stone to go :blush: but mega motivated.

so, crash and burn time.

after a fab positive week, 100% throughout and very encouraging unofficial weigh-ins, at my weigh-in what is the verdict?
2lbs ON.

wtf? i was not happy. both really upset and also mega confused cos there are some strange fluctuations going on here.

i weigh myself every morning on my own scales (they come out as the same or close enough to the CDCs), and i record the tuesday morning one as an unofficial weigh-in as well as the official monday night weigh-in.

my weights last week were:
mon 11st 10lb
tues 11st 8lb

my weights this week were:
mon 11st 12lb
tues 11st 3lb

also, my morning weigh-in on mon was 11st 3lb. so i was 9lbs heavier in the evening than i was on the two mornings either side.
normally the difference between a morning and evening weight is 2-4lbs.

i cannot understand it. i didn't drink/eat significantly more yesterday daytime and even if it is TOTM wouldn't that show in the morning as well? (don't know when TOTM is as on progesterone only pill).

bizzare. very difficult to not feel disheartened even though everything other than the official weigh-in is pointing towards a successful loss.

Don't be disheartened. But mention it to your CDC. Perhaps her batteries are on the way out?? Stick with it x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

not that it's consolation but my evening weight is regularly seven or eight pounds more than my morning weight. clothes, food and (mostly water).

thanks for the support. i checked on my own scales and they agreed sadly.
as i am a bit of an obsessive weigher i know that this is unusual for me. just hoping it's temporary.

Sapphireblue said:
thanks for the support. i checked on my own scales and they agreed sadly.
as i am a bit of an obsessive weigher i know that this is unusual for me. just hoping it's temporary.

Am sure it will be. Do stick with it. I must remember to put our scales in hubby car otherwise I'll always be on them and don't want to put that pressure on myself. X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Had a horrendous experience at the weekend. Was my first wedding anniversary and went slightly off plan but (i thought) not enough to make me ill as some previous deviations have caused. However, i was more ill than i've ever been, up all night with stomach pain and burping from gas and also was sick more than once which has never happened before. I felt like death all the next day and some of the day after (today).

I can only think that the crab cakes i had must have had salmon in them as well, as i'm allergic to salmon and have had reactions to it before. Combine that with the fact i've been ill from eating off plan and that would make a double reaction.

Anyway, Weigh-in today, apparently i've had a 10lb loss this week so whatever was going on has resolved itself.

I think of it more as two weeks of 4lb each loss rather than 2 on then 10 off.

All good anyway!

thanks. am feeling normal again now so onwards and downwards!

Well, joyous news once more i have GAINED weight despite being 100%.
only 1 lb but arrrggghhhhhh.

i do think this is more to do with the fact that i fluctuate more in the evening than in the morning, as my unofficial morning weigh-ins would have me at 3lbs lost. but still, very annoying.

i am allegedly an inch off my waist but i don't think i've actually gone down this week based on my own measurement. my CDC varies wildly in how tight she pulls the tape measure and i think she was looking for a decrease today to make me feel better about the gain!

Sapphireblue said:
Well, joyous news once more i have GAINED weight despite being 100%.
only 1 lb but arrrggghhhhhh.

i do think this is more to do with the fact that i fluctuate more in the evening than in the morning, as my unofficial morning weigh-ins would have me at 3lbs lost. but still, very annoying.

i am allegedly an inch off my waist but i don't think i've actually gone down this week based on my own measurement. my CDC varies wildly in how tight she pulls the tape measure and i think she was looking for a decrease today to make me feel better about the gain!

Hugs hun. Stick with it and it will show. I had a week like that at sw once and I knew I'd followed the book to the letter, next week I dropped 5! Go figure x

Thanks. I know it will come off if i stick to it but i just want to see it NOW!

Plus i was only planning to stick to it until the end of october and then start moving up the steps. If i'm more than half a stone away from my initial target of BMI 25 at that point i'll have to carry on SS+ ing for longer and i am soooo sick of it now.

Fingers crossed i have a big loss next week to even things out. If not i will be mad...

am thinking about work and getting annoyed.

i really want to reintroduce exercise into my life so that i can build it up as i go up the plans. the trouble is that i am doing a LOT of overtime at evenings and weekends and i'm not sure i'm going to be able to physically cope with exercising as well, i'm so tired all the time. my stupid project was originally supposed to end mid-nov but now it's ending mid-dec and i'm going to be doing this overtime right up until the end of the project.

it won't be too bad when i start exercising two or three times a week at home, but i want to move on to going to the gym regularly for classes which are higher impact. this means that i can't stay late at work though, so i might have to start coming in early, which i hate.

i know i have to do it anyway but i hate work for putting me under so much pressure. i would cope fine with the diet and the exercise if it wasn't for work.

So, another night up late because i'm ill with stomach pain and bloating. And i've not been off-plan in over a week and that was only a tiny cheat!

Seriously, i am so sick of this. I've suffered occasional problems with this before the diet, most instances of which could be traced to a specific thing i ate, but since being on this diet i've had nothing but problems. The first few times were my own fault from going off-plan. But i've been ill on and off for about two weeks now for no obvious reason, nothing too noticeable until tonight when i've been horrendous again for no obvious reason.

I did think i might have a bit of a bug, but i was fine last night and the night before and now i'm right back to almost the worst ever again.

I'm so fed up. I've not been losing weight the last couple of weeks and being ill what feels like all the time.

Sapphireblue said:
So, another night up late because i'm ill with stomach pain and bloating. And i've not been off-plan in over a week and that was only a tiny cheat!

Seriously, i am so sick of this. I've suffered occasional problems with this before the diet, most instances of which could be traced to a specific thing i ate, but since being on this diet i've had nothing but problems. The first few times were my own fault from going off-plan. But i've been ill on and off for about two weeks now for no obvious reason, nothing too noticeable until tonight when i've been horrendous again for no obvious reason.

I did think i might have a bit of a bug, but i was fine last night and the night before and now i'm right back to almost the worst ever again.

I'm so fed up. I've not been losing weight the last couple of weeks and being ill what feels like all the time.

Sorry to hear you're not well. Are you suffering with constipation maybe? X

Definitely no constipation. I've found over the last few years unrelated to the diet that i'm intolerant to a couple of things that make me bloated and burpy/sick. Since being on the diet i've found if i have a planned break, the first off-plan meal will also affect me like that. But now i'm being like that on and off regardless of what i've eaten. I really really hope that when i come off the diet i go back to normal.

To be honest i'm not too worried about the lack of weight loss last week, i hope to have a good loss this week (mon). I weirdly had the same thing the two weeks before, one week terrible loss then one good, even though i behaved the same throughout. If i don't have a good loss on mon, then i WILL be upset.

Sapphireblue said:
Definitely no constipation. I've found over the last few years unrelated to the diet that i'm intolerant to a couple of things that make me bloated and burpy/sick. Since being on the diet i've found if i have a planned break, the first off-plan meal will also affect me like that. But now i'm being like that on and off regardless of what i've eaten. I really really hope that when i come off the diet i go back to normal.

To be honest i'm not too worried about the lack of weight loss last week, i hope to have a good loss this week (mon). I weirdly had the same thing the two weeks before, one week terrible loss then one good, even though i behaved the same throughout. If i don't have a good loss on mon, then i WILL be upset.

Am sure Monday will be great. Sounds like you have an intolerance to something hun. Maybe worth getting some tests done x

Still struggling with a dodgy tummy and absolutely knackered, but have a 4lbs loss!

Have decided to give SS+ another week and if i don't feel better then i'm going up to step3 (1000). Even if i do feel ok am only doing one more week of SS+. so sick of it now. Have been making a step3 plan in anticipation. Mega looking forward to my slice of bread!

Back