SB's first (and only) attempt

Well, some positives and now the negative:

Another weigh in and another STS.

Seriously, even though i have been on step3 and not SS, i have still been on a strict diet for the last month and i haven't lost any weight! None!

so, at long last i have finally lost some weight - 4lbs.
not exactly worth the wait, but enough to help me decide not to go back to SS+ until after Christmas.
my unofficial weigh-ins are showing a difference from last week for the first time in ages, which is giving me a bit more reassurance that actually i can lose a bit of weight before coming off for Christmas.

Absolutely Blooming Fantastic Missus :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Just posted on the 1000 thread but wanted to find your diary and post too.

take care x

Thanks guys :)

so, weigh-in and another 2lbs off.

would have liked a bit more but after recent weeks any loss will do!

another weigh-in, another STS.

pretty annoyed actually as it was my last full week on step3 before Christmas and really wanted a loss, given that the best i can hope for over the next three weeks is a STS.

i was weirdly v. light yesterday every time i hopped on the scales for an unofficial peek so was actually quite hopeful. that'll teach me. i was 4lbs lighter yesterday at weigh-in time than i was today. hmmm.

Last edited:
on the plus side, had to have one of those stupid pointless check-ups today to get more asthma inhalers (that i've been on my entire life but apparently still need to have a full assessment every time i need a new prescription) and the nurse commented on my weight loss and put it in my file, even though they don't normally mention weight at an asthma check-up.

so, 1 lb up :(

not too bad, as off plan, but given that i should have lost last week, pretty annoying.

i now officially have the strangest body ever.

i have had a full week completely off-plan (not going crazy or anything but there have been biscuits and alcohol and just generally not attempting to diet at all) and i have LOST weight and am now at my lowest weight ever by half a pound or so!

how is that possible, from someone who has previously managed to gain whilst being 100 SS?????!!!!!!

on the plus side, quite reassuring for my future maintenance on the far side of food-mas. :)

Well done on the loss this week:D

Hope you are having a great time off plan, and enjoying all the festive outings that happen.

I am off plan too at the moment, not for festivities, just generally stressed and something had to give, (the last straw was my car breaking down on the way back from weigh-in last week) so it was cambridge for a while, though I have gained unfortunately.

If I don't get on beforehand - I want to wish you a very merry Christmas and Happy New Year.:109: :new_year:

Speak to you in 2012 when I shall be back on my CD Journey.

Take care xxx

i now officially have the strangest body ever.

i have had a full week completely off-plan (not going crazy or anything but there have been biscuits and alcohol and just generally not attempting to diet at all) and i have LOST weight and am now at my lowest weight ever by half a pound or so!

how is that possible, from someone who has previously managed to gain whilst being 100 SS?????!!!!!!

on the plus side, quite reassuring for my future maintenance on the far side of food-mas. :)

Personally for me on CD my weight loss always showed for the week previous to the one I was weighing in on. So I always knew it would catch up with me the next week. But aswelong as you get back on it asap not much damage will be done. x

LENNY4974 said:
Well done on the loss this week:D

Hope you are having a great time off plan, and enjoying all the festive outings that happen.

I am off plan too at the moment, not for festivities, just generally stressed and something had to give, (the last straw was my car breaking down on the way back from weigh-in last week) so it was cambridge for a while, though I have gained unfortunately.

If I don't get on beforehand - I want to wish you a very merry Christmas and Happy New Year.:109: :new_year:

Speak to you in 2012 when I shall be back on my CD Journey.

Take care xxx

Thanks hun and happy holidays to you too!

I am well enjoying my break, particularly because i have a time period set that i am off for, them back on it in the new year.
Let yourself embrace your decision to come off it for now, so you can say you choose to have a short break, rather than feeling guilty for cheating. CD will still be there in a week or so and it will be much easier to follow in diet season!

well, not too bad a gain for such a sustained period of naughtiness. back on it tomorrow!

Sapphireblue said:
well, not too bad a gain for such a sustained period of naughtiness. back on it tomorrow!

I gained 6lb in my 2.5 weeks off oops (I enjoyed it though but glad to be back to it)

struggling a bit now. might have to leave work early as completely forgot would usually have my third pack late afternoon and didn't bring any in other than my lunch one.

and someone brought cakes in arrgh. i had a teeny tiny bite of one. and then stopped.
so could be worse.

finding this really difficult after so long off-plan and before that on step3, keep wanting to follow step3 rules, where carbs ARE allowed. keep reminded myself that yes i could finish off on step 3 but it would take months and MONTHS (based on my previous lack of losses), whereas in theory on SS+ i could be stepping up mid-Feb at the latest.

trouble is, i realised after starting on SS+ that looking back at my stats i had quite small losses on SS+ compared with SS, so maybe i should be on SS rather than SS+. just not sure if i could cope with no food at all again. i feel like i have been on a diet for a thousand years and can't believe i originally thought i'd be done by last October. :(

anyway, will see on weigh-in tomorrow. i put on 9lbs overall since last official weigh-in and suspect i'll be lucky to get 6lbs off this week. would be nice to have the 13lbs off same as my first ever weigh-in instead!

Back