Extra Easy Scales Advice

Pouchie

I am doing SW from home as the class is just not for me (time and location) so I am looking to do a home weigh in every week. After researching bathroom scales I am thouroughly confused. Does anyone know of a good set which are reliable and don't change day to day. Advice would be very much appreciated :eek:

There are so many on the market to choose from, but I bought these from Argos in January and I have been very pleased with them. They always seem to weigh me the same as the SW scales do, can be set to read either stones and pounds or kilogrammes, give readings to quarter pound intervals, are easy to read and appear to be pretty accurate and consistent. They cost £19.99.

Salter Glass Electronic Platform Bathroom Scale.
Scales.jpg

I am doing SW from home as the class is just not for me (time and location) so I am looking to do a home weigh in every week. After researching bathroom scales I am thouroughly confused. Does anyone know of a good set which are reliable and don't change day to day. Advice would be very much appreciated :eek:

Im afraid all scales will change from day to day - because our weight changes from day to day. But Salter and WW are reliable brands or you could just weigh in once a week in Boots or somewhere similar :)

All scales same maybe cheap cheap ones won't last as long but I'd say any scales would be fine just make sure you weigh same time of day (I weigh first thing) and place them on same surface as carpet and hard floor can change them but ultimately it doesn't matter what start figure says as long as there going down then take that figure and work from there

I have some fancy Tanita ones and they are really good. They weigh in ounces as well!!! Always match my weigh in results at class- although i would suggest not getting any and weighing weekly at Boots or a gym as the temptation to hop on and off is always too much for me!!!! :)

i started doing my weigh ins at boots. only 50p (i think) and used to get a ticket saying your height weight and (estimated) bmi.
i kept them all for the first year or so and now i just go to the one in the gym.
i found when i had one at home i was constantly weighing myself and it was driving me mad as i never lost anything and was always going up and down.

ive had my weight watchers scales for over 6 years and i havnt had to change the battery yet despite weighing in every bloody day lol, they do stones, pounds, kilos and ounces :) xx

Thank you everyone, I may invest in the Argos Salter ones as they look really good. I like the idea of going to Boots by my Boots scales always seems to have a queue or be out of order and as I go in my lunch hour I don't really have the time to wait. Argos here I come :)

Pouchie said:
Thank you everyone, I may invest in the Argos Salter ones as they look really good. I like the idea of going to Boots by my Boots scales always seems to have a queue or be out of order and as I go in my lunch hour I don't really have the time to wait. Argos here I come :)

I have those Salter ones but got them for £10 on offer in Asda, so shop around

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have the WW ones from argos and they consistently weigh exactly 1lb less than the ones at group as long as i weigh myself in the same place each time on a hard floor... would recommend them

I have bright pink electric cheapies from b&m lol. As long as you weigh yourself once a week on same scales and the numbers go down, I wouldn't be worried :)

All scales same maybe cheap cheap ones won't last as long but I'd say any scales would be fine just make sure you weigh same time of day (I weigh first thing) and place them on same surface as carpet and hard floor can change them but ultimately it doesn't matter what start figure says as long as there going down then take that figure and work from there

Just have to agree with the hard floor/carpet thing. Once I weighed myself on my scales on the thick bedroom carpet and was shocked to see I had lost 8lbs! Amazing, yes! But I thought it was too good to be true as I never get a big loss and hadn't been trying particularly hard that week, so popped them on the bathroom tiles and those 8lbs reappeared! So yes, whatever you do make sure you weigh on the same floor surface and a similar time of day to get relatively consistent results :)

Just have to agree with the hard floor/carpet thing. Once I weighed myself on my scales on the thick bedroom carpet and was shocked to see I had lost 8lbs! Amazing, yes! But I thought it was too good to be true as I never get a big loss and hadn't been trying particularly hard that week, so popped them on the bathroom tiles and those 8lbs reappeared! So yes, whatever you do make sure you weigh on the same floor surface and a similar time of day to get relatively consistent results :)

Ha ha I have done this and there was over a stone difference! I had to sit down! I was so delighted and confused! A few hours later I revisited the scales and kicked myself! Ha

Back