Scales question

lemony

Hi,
I haven't been on here in a while but I have a question!
My digital scales say i'm 130lb and i've always gone by that. However, i've just been to the doctors...his say i'm 120lb. I know it's the weight loss that matters most, but i'm 5'6" and as i'm nearing my goal weight, a whole 10lb is a big difference.

I'm still a size 12 but me doctors scales say i'm almost underweight. Are they wrong or am I just light bodied?

I would have thought the doctor's scales are likely to be more accurate unless yours are a really expensive model. Why not weigh yourself on a third set (Boots have them I think) and see if that agrees with one of the other readings. My scales consistently weigh 4 lbs heavier than any other scales I try.

Every single set of scales you weigh yourself on will give you a different reading. Especially the old-type 'spring' scales. Stick to yours and use them to judge your weight as they're the ones you use more often. To satisfy your curiousity, weigh yourself on different ones to see how much they vary by- it'll shock you!

My GP's scales weigh me a stone lighter - they are wrong (unfortunately)

I've noticed my weight can change by up to 6lb depending what time of day I weigh myself - crazy but true!

My doc's scales always make me lighter as well by a considerable amount but I'm guessing my electronic ones are more accurate then their ones with the moving needle unfortunately!

I think trying ones in Boots like Spannerwanner suggested is the best idea to reassure yourself your goal weight is right for you :)

Back