1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Scan bran carrot cake, how long would it last?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by jodidi, 17 April 2009 Social URL.

1. jodidi

jodidi Well-Known Member

I'm going to make one later but I was wondering how long it would last in the fridge? If it will last quite quite a few days the I shall make 2 and divide them up into two and have half every day.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. eternity

eternity Well-Known Member

I always have one in my fridge and it will last about 5 days.(but might last longer I've never given it the chance)
    Scan bran cakes are my saviour.

4. jodidi

jodidi Well-Known Member

exellent, Ive just put 2 in the oven. yum yum

5. crazycrafter

crazycrafter I have collar bones!

must make one to keep in. What's the recipe for scan bran cake please.

6. jodidi

jodidi Well-Known Member

Scan Bran Carrot cake

11 Syns or 6.5 syns and 1 HEXB for whole cake.

4 Scan Bran and 1 weetabix
    5oz carrot
    2 level tbs mincemeat
    1 level tbs honey
    1tsp nutmeg
    3 eggs

Topping
    Quark
    Sweetener
    Lemon Juice

Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees. Soak scan bran in hot water until soft, then drain and mash with a fork. Crumble in weetabix. Grate carrot and add to mixture along with mincemeat, honey, nutmeg and eggs. Mix well and put in an oven proof dish (I line mine with greaseproof paper sprayed with frylight). Bake for an hour or until you can put a knife in and it come out clean. Mix quark, sweetener and lemon juice (to your taste) and spread on cake when cooled. ENJOY :)

7. eternity

eternity Well-Known Member