Scan Bran Chocolate Cake

Sarah-Jayne

Gold Member
Made the Scan Bran Chocolate Cake last night and brought it along to work today. My work mates loved it! :D Had to change the recipe a little as I didnt have golden syrup so used honey instead and made a topping for it. Delish! Recipe below:

Ingredients:

5 Scan Bran (hexb or 2.5 syns)
3 eggs (free)
1/2 a cup of sweetner (free)
1 oz Cadburys Chocolate Powder (6)
1 tbsp of honey (2)

1/2 tub of Quark (free)
1 sachet of Options White Hot Chocolate powder (2)

Method:

Soften the Scan Bran in some boiling water for a couple of minutes. Drain the water off and mash up the Scan Bran. Add the 3 eggs, chocolate power and honey. Mix all the ingredients together and place into a microwave bowl. But the bowl in the microwave for 8 minutes. Once cooked take it out of the bowl and leave to cool.

Whilst cooling, mix up the Quark with the white hot chocolate sachet and then spread on the top of the cake whilst its cool.

The whole cake (including the topping) is only 12.5 syns (or 1 hexb and 10syns) and very filling! Servies four people easily!

Done! Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing - next time, take a photo please! :)

x

Ooh this is heaven! So yummy! I made it exactly in line with your recipe Sarah and it's perfect! I cooked it in the microwave in a oblong-shaped tupperware container so it came out loaft shaped. I sliced it and spread the quark/options mixture on top. I agree it's filling but also moreish but it's much better for the waistline to have extra of this than regular choc cake!

Thanks again!

I did and am already planning when to make it again.

I'm an idiot though, I didn't follow your recipe to plan. I used syrup and Green & Blacks cocoa powder. Will def try the Cadbury's next time I think, I imagine it would be more chocolatey!

Hi,

Isn't scan bran 1 point now not half a point??:confused:

Correct me if im wrong as I do not go to class.

Have heard my leader go on about the scan bran cake, so I am gonna give it a go!

Made the Scan Bran Chocolate Cake last night and brought it along to work today. My work mates loved it! :D Had to change the recipe a little as I didnt have golden syrup so used honey instead and made a topping for it. Delish! Recipe below:

Ingredients:

5 Scan Bran (hexb or 2.5 syns)
3 eggs (free)
1/2 a cup of sweetner (free)
1 oz Cadburys Chocolate Powder (6)
1 tbsp of honey (2)

1/2 tub of Quark (free)
1 sachet of Options White Hot Chocolate powder (2)

Method:

Soften the Scan Bran in some boiling water for a couple of minutes. Drain the water off and mash up the Scan Bran. Add the 3 eggs, chocolate power and honey. Mix all the ingredients together and place into a microwave bowl. But the bowl in the microwave for 8 minutes. Once cooked take it out of the bowl and leave to cool.

Whilst cooling, mix up the Quark with the white hot chocolate sachet and then spread on the top of the cake whilst its cool.

The whole cake (including the topping) is only 12.5 syns (or 1 hexb and 10syns) and very filling! Servies four people easily!

Done! Enjoy!

this sounds too good to be true!!

Back