scan bran curly wurly cake

cruisedolly

Posted on thread earlier if anybody could recommend any scan bran cake recipes they have tried and tested. Didn't get any replies so I am going to make the scan bran curly wurly cake today and see what it is like. Never had scan bran before. Will post back with tasting results!

I saw your thread & was hoping there would be sone replies as I bought some scan bran in group & cant decide what to do with it!

So Ill be interested to see how it turns out :) x

Made the cake as per recipe on website. You could either microwave or bake it so I decided to bake it. The recipe didn't say what size of cake tin so I used a loaf tin. The mix was like a batter and it didn't rise much during the cooking, so the cake isn't very thick - less than 1 inch. So, you don't get much cake for 1 syn. However, it tasted quite nice and chocolately. Next time I may try and put it in cake cases and see how many I can get out of the mix.

Last edited:
here is the recipe. 4 scan bran, 2 eggs, 3/4 tbsp sweetener (to taste), 1 sachet belgian choc options, 26g curly wurly bar.

Soak the bran in boiling water to soften. Then drain and mash.
Beat the eggs and stir into mix along with sweetener and choc options.
Chop the curly wurly (this was a bit messy!) and add to mix. (I mixed it all up in my food mixer).
Pour into microwave bowl and cook around 6 minutes. When cooked cake will be springy to touch and shrink from sides. Or bake 200 c for about 30 mins.

12 syns for whole cake

Last edited:
Ive just tried it & its great! Only had a mint chocolate options so used that which gave it a nice taste, so might be worth experimenting with the different flavours.

Ive got some chocolate philli so might spread some of that on some of it tomorrow when Ive got some spare syns! Thats if theres any left by then lol x

Finished the cake off earlier, heated up with chocolate phili melted on top.

Oh my god it was amazing!! I love slimming world more each day lol x

Hazie83, know what you mean about loving SW I have been quite giddy since I found this site and all the fantastic recipes posters share.

Scan bran is short for scandinavian bran crispbread & you can get it from sw meetings or holland & barrett. Its similar to ryvita but is really high in fibre & low in carbs so is meant to be good for weight loss, & 5 slices of it is a healthy extra b. You can have it like ryvitas with topping on or a lot of people use it to make cakes - if you do a search for it youll find loads of recipes :) x

Back