Scan bran...effective?

angelslice

I've had bad few days where i've been picking at the wrong stuff and want to redeem myself a bit before weigh day (monday). I was thinking of giving scan bran a whirl for the next 2 days but i know people in the past have said it bloats them and I just wondered how effective you think it is and how long it takes to pass thru the system. Am planning on drinking lots of water as previously advised. The only time I've had it in the past was in cakes.
Hope you can help!

You will need plenty of water as Scan Bran can cause constipation and bloatness if you don't drink enough with it but it will certainly help to 'clear' you out, it is ½ syn per slice or 5 slices for 1 HEXB - It looks awful and not very appitising, and it has a nutty dry flavour, not everyone likes it, but I have perservered with it over the last 5 weeks and I don't mind it now, I usually have 3 pieces every other day or so.

Good Luck with it but remember it is an aquired taste and you need to drink plenty, good luck with it.

hi r the oat ones not the same i looked at them in sw class and they where both the same only in a different packet. what is this scan bran suppose to do.

i have both and to be honest there's not really any difference, they all taste foul but I'm gonna persevere and get past that if I can, maybe making yummy noises with each bite will help!! Thanks for the replies x

Yep! They're both disgusting!

It's a very high fibre 'cracker' that slimming world sell in group or alternatively you can buy from certain health shops. 5 of them can be counted as a b choice. The taste is not good but is meant to give your weight loss a boost!

does Finn crisp work just the same (actually get 6 for a HEB)?

Oh my.... how bad are these things.... in a weird, perverse & masochistic way I will have to buy some

xx

I tried the scan bran challenge in class drank loads of water and didnt lose a single pound as i wasnt able to go to the loo, even with all the water i drank.

Oh god what have I started here, lol. To be fair I had 2 this morning with philidelphia light with basil and it was actually ok. Haven't been bloated so will have some more tomorrow.

Hubby and I are both convinced that Scan Bran and Oat Bran - they are virtually interchangeable, the Oat one having a slightly 'oaty' texture (don't get excited, they are ALMOST the same!) and you can use either in the recipes ((official SW response)) - as I was saying, we're convinced that they helped to get us to target.

But you do have to use them regularly, either in cakes or as crispbreads - loads of ideas for toppings elsewhere - and, as everyone has said, do drink plenty of water!

They are a bit of an aquired taste - one many of you would rather not aquire! - but they are worth a try if you've never tasted them, and we've actually got to quite like them now!!!

I usually have one or two a day with my HexA of cheddar cheese. I can't eat them on their own... bleh!!! But with a sturdy flavoured topping, they're not bad. You just have to get used to them. And I definitely notice a difference when I don't eat them. I am more "regular" when I eat them. Definitely.

Back