Scan Bran

Compressed Cardboard, Carpet Tiles, very high fibre crispbreads.

Eating some now with philly light , cucumber and tomato on them.

is that there name in the shop scan bran???? how many syns?

I made a cake with it last week, well actually I ended up making 4 as I kept eating them lol 11 syns per whole cake! I lost 3.5lbs this week btw.

Chocolate and Raspberry Scan Bran Cake...yummy! Found it on the Slimming World Web site.

it's called scandanavian bran. I had to google it because I had no idea what I was looking for in Holland and Barrat :) I shall be trying it for the first time this week and I have to admit to being a little scared ....

It's yummy (though not many agree with me lol)!

5 pieces of scan bran
2 x Options sachets of Belgium Chocolate
2 large carrots, finely grated
3 eggs beaten
2-3 tbsp granulated sweetner
150g frozen raspberries.

Pour boiling water over the scan bran and leave to soak for a minute. Drain and break up with a fork.

Add all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and mix until smooth.

Pour into an microwave safe container and cook on high for 15-20 minutes until set, firm, and comes away from the edges. Eat hot or cold.

11 syns for the whole cake all plans.

I'm not sure what it is about the recipes, but have noticed with scan bran cakes (or maybe its low fat cake recipes in general) you have to eat them within a day or so, or they start going mouldy.

Can be a bit of a problem for me - I dont like to use up all my syns on cake if I can help it, and my husband isnt too keen on them, so I do often end up throwing things away.

5 pieces of scan bran
2 x Options sachets of Belgium Chocolate
2 large carrots, finely grated
3 eggs beaten
2-3 tbsp granulated sweetner
150g frozen raspberries.

Pour boiling water over the scan bran and leave to soak for a minute. Drain and break up with a fork.

Add all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and mix until smooth.

Pour into an microwave safe container and cook on high for 15-20 minutes until set, firm, and comes away from the edges. Eat hot or cold.

11 syns for the whole cake all plans.

Or presumably one HEXB + 5 syns if you ate the whole thing (or 1/2 HEB and 2 1/2 syns?)

woot I've managed to eat two bits of scan bran by leaving in my soup, an alternative to bread. first bit went down well, second not so but least better than none :)

Scan Bran is not the nicest food I've ever eaten however, after eating 5 as HEB with cottage cheese, sliced cucumber and tomato, then ham, all piled on the top (took me a good half hour and a little jaw ache) for lunch, I proceeded to eat half a scan bran cake as above. Early evening the bathroom was my place of residence and my word, or maybe Bran is the word, I lost the contents of my bowels and LOST 3.5lbs this week.

That's it Scanbran for me every day till next Tuesday then.:8855:

This post made me smile as I'm trying to eat 5 scan brand with laughing cow as type... I've managed 3 and still have 2 to go and I just don't think I can finish them!!!!

Double posted

I decided to break up the last two and mixed up a tablespoon of nutella and oh my they are lovely!!

Back