Scan Bran

audfen

Hi guys
At our group this morning our consultant said that people who eat scan bran have much better losses than does who dont. Does anyone find their losses better if eating it. I bought some today im not sure what to eat with it tho its very dry maybe cheese spread light. Any ideas ????

Erm she could be saying that cos she sells them lol. If you have problems with being bunged up they can help as they are really high in fibre. Some people do see good losses for this reason but others do not and some even put on! You need to make sure you are drinking loads of water to help your body process the fibre and gradually introduce them - dont go straight from none to five every day. There are lots of recipes for using them in the sub forum if you try doing a search. I am actually doing a lemon drizzle cake as we speak :)

I'm gonna buy my first ever pack at WI on wed as I am going to make MrsWilsoncrofts curly wurly cake.

PatchworkPuss is your recipe for lemon drizzle on the recipe forum please? If not could you post it - many thanks

Cover the five scan bran with boiling water and soak for a few minutes till soft. Drain well then mash up with a fork. Add two beaten eggs, four tbsp sweetener and two tbsp lemon curd and mix well. Microwave for 6 or 7 minutes :)

I havent tried them yet ill wait till tomorrow are they nice xx

Erm, think you will have to try them then decide! You can make cakes out of them like has been mentioned, but as for eating them as they are well................................ :)

I have scan bran sometimes but personally I don't find it helps my losses at all. Some people do notice bigger losses on them, but not everybody. It's worth a try if you can eat them. I've started having ryvita now and everything I had on scan bran is nicer on ryvita, so I'm sticking with them for everything except scan bran cakes.... unless someone tells me they work with ryvita and then I'll be dumping scan bran completely

our C made a cake with them on thurday tasked like weetabix that had been sitting in milk :sign0137:

Hello

I have done the Scan bran challenge twice now, and the first time I lost 6lbs and the second put on 2lbs! I now don't eat scan bran as it makes me constipated and is very very painful.
You need to drink at least a glass of water with each one and be like someone else said introduce them slowly as too much fibre is as bad as not enough
I did like Chocolate Philly on them with sliced banana and strawberries or dip them into soup

Apparantely having scan bran at least once a week, as a HEXB, used to be part of the SW plan many moons ago. A cons at a class I used to go to told use that having scan bran, as your HEXB, at least once a week procduces, on avarage an 5lbs a month loss over what you would normally loose! Now the cons where I used to go wasn't the best so not sure how true this is. Hmmm, but might be worth a try......:hmm:

I had them at lunch time with laughing cow light cheese and i liked them there not as bad at all as i expected them to be xxxx

A cons at a class I used to go to told use that having scan bran, as your HEXB, at least once a week procduces, on avarage an 5lbs a month loss over what you would normally loose!

Hm, I don't believe this for an instant and actually think a consultant should never make claims like this. Someone even losing 5lb a months is doing really well so to suggest that eating scan bran might add an average of 5lb to your normal losses is worrying :(

Back