Scared to do red days!!

Trash

Still fighting
I need to try diff plans i.e. red and green (as i've only been doing EE) and not having good success on it so i'm okish with green can manage a day here and there on that but red i'm frightened I will be starving without the carbs?!

Is this so?

Grateful for anybodys comments who has done or does do red ;o)

I find potatoes and pasta increase my appetite - when I avoid them I eat a normal persons allocation of good and feel satisfied, whereas some find the opposite and green days suit them more - worth giving both a shot to see what suits you

I find potatoes and pasta increase my appetite - when I avoid them I eat a normal persons allocation of good and feel satisfied, whereas some find the opposite and green days suit them more - worth giving both a shot to see what suits you

Its funny because most people i know who do quite a few red days a week say exactly the same as you - gonna have to bite the bullet and give it a shot am writing some meal ideas and menu plans for next week doing one or two of red and green :eek:

I've been doing extra easy since I first joined slimming world at around the time of Easter (not sure how many weeks, too lazy to work that out lol!) but most of my losses were only a pound or 1/2 a pound even when I thought I was doing very good, I tried a red week last week to see if it would help and I was disappointed to see I'd only lost another 1/2 pound BUT not wanting to give up so quickly as I'd given extra easy a longer chance I tried another week on red, 100% on plan not snacking at all except on a low syn bar for my syns in the evening I lost four pounds and felt so good! So I would really recommend trying a red week as I'm deffo going to stick at it now, I didn't really miss the carbs because I really loved getting double healthy extras, give it a go anyway :)

i do mainly red days and im deffo not starving! i just find hey suit me better, i dont have brilliant losses on any plan, they r all quite ocnsistent lol, but i just prefer red days. i have a red days diary in the food diary sectio, which i also included some recipes if u want a look for some ideaS? xxx

I am a huge fan of red days.....I don't find that I am hungry when doing a red day. Usually have an omelette or fruit salad for brekkie, then use a b choice for lunch - so for example a meaty sandwich and side salad - or a homemade soup, or some Ryvitas and cheese. Then I would have a large steak or chicken and then use my other b choice as a baking potato and have it as chips/jacket spud and have veggies on the side.
Don't forget you have 15 syns and also free fruit as snacks....banana, berries and fat free yogurts, and low syns treats like sugar free jelly and diet drinks.

It's so easy - I lost 5.5 stone for my wedding on mainly red days xxxx (currently
Pregnant now) xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

i do mainly red days and im deffo not starving! i just find hey suit me better, i dont have brilliant losses on any plan, they r all quite ocnsistent lol, but i just prefer red days. i have a red days diary in the food diary sectio, which i also included some recipes if u want a look for some ideaS? xxx

Ahhh great will seek out your diary for some ideas - thanks ;o)

I am a huge fan of red days.....I don't find that I am hungry when doing a red day. Usually have an omelette or fruit salad for brekkie, then use a b choice for lunch - so for example a meaty sandwich and side salad - or a homemade soup, or some Ryvitas and cheese. Then I would have a large steak or chicken and then use my other b choice as a baking potato and have it as chips/jacket spud and have veggies on the side.
Don't forget you have 15 syns and also free fruit as snacks....banana, berries and fat free yogurts, and low syns treats like sugar free jelly and diet drinks.

It's so easy - I lost 5.5 stone for my wedding on mainly red days xxxx (currently
Pregnant now) xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Wow thats a great result and i kind of like the idea of 2 HEx A&B :)
Didnt know you could have old potatoes i thought it was just new pots on red? So that makes it easier x

I've been doing extra easy since I first joined slimming world at around the time of Easter (not sure how many weeks, too lazy to work that out lol!) but most of my losses were only a pound or 1/2 a pound even when I thought I was doing very good, I tried a red week last week to see if it would help and I was disappointed to see I'd only lost another 1/2 pound BUT not wanting to give up so quickly as I'd given extra easy a longer chance I tried another week on red, 100% on plan not snacking at all except on a low syn bar for my syns in the evening I lost four pounds and felt so good! So I would really recommend trying a red week as I'm deffo going to stick at it now, I didn't really miss the carbs because I really loved getting double healthy extras, give it a go anyway :)

Ditto re extra HE'x :) deffo gonna give it a whirl - Thanks x

When I do red days I will normally have meat and salad for my lunch and snack on fruit in the afternoon because I don't think it fills me up very much then in the evenings for tea I normally have my healthy extra as new potatoes or make some wedges.

I also find that veg such as courgette, swede or butternut squash can be really satisfying carb substitutes on red days. I chop them into big chunks or chip shapes and roast in fry light.

I also lose better on red days though tend to have EE as although the losses may be slower but I feel much less like I am on a diet as I am not having to restrict myself as much. If I know I have over indulged then I'll chuck a few red days into my week to try and make up the damage.

You can only have old potatoes if you leave the skin on same as the new potatoes as its the fibre in the skin that gives you your healthy extra. So you could have it as a jacket or wedges or any other way you fancy as long as you eat the skin x

Totally agree that red is not scary at all. My food diary has lots of red ideas (would take some searching through!!!) and I agree you can have pasta you just need to syn it.....one of my fave lunches was a chicken breast a hea choice of grated cheese topped with bacon and served with salad. Syn the salad dressing and voila - delish food!!! X

I have been doing EE but have decided to try Red this week. A couple of years ago I was on a diet very similar to having red days and lost a lot of weight. I want to get another 2 st off before Christmas and I hope this works!

Also I know it will keep my cravings at bay, like others if I eat pasta or bread I just need more and more food!

I loved EE and was scared of red too but have actually found it really easy. Having 2 HEXBs mean you can have a small jacket potato or bread roll with lunch or dinner as well as your Alpen Lights or cereal so you don't feel like you're missing out. And I now prefer butternut squash ships to potato ones! Definitely worth a try, I reckon x

I'm always starving all day on red days, I find filling up on just meat and eggs doesn't keep me very full for very long! And there is no superfree in the world that actually fills me slightly so they don't help. Green days fill me much better but I miss meat so much.
Unfortunately it's the weeks I incorporate green and red days that set my best losses

Back