Scared to start management !!! HELP !!!

*clairebear*

Hello everyone, I have been on Lighter Life scince October and have lost just over 9 stone I was 20stone 4lbs when I started and am now 11stone 2lbs and Im 5ft8, I am planning on going into managment on July 9th but I am absolutly petrified to eat again. But I know my body can't carry on in abstinance, I have reached the stage where I know its time to eat. Im just so scared. Is managment really as hard to follow as everyone makes out ? Being that big ruined my life I had agraphobia for 6 months and never went into a relationship but now im thinner i am having the time of my life and have got myself a lovely new fella. I guess im scared incase I cant control myself around food. Im so confused I just need some advice from someone who understands.
Thankyou xxx

Hello Clairebear,

I cant help re management, but I applaud your fab achievement and I do understand your worries.

I have lost 5st 10lb so far, with about 10 stone to lose, or thereabouts. I am already worrying re eating again. All I can suggest is reading AJ's management thread (I think its on a sticky?). She talks us through the whole management process, in detail, and is very helpful and reassuring.

All the best, and well done once again!

Just to agree with posts, you have done so well already and I am sure with the support of your LLC, this forum and your new fella you will shine through this.

Also can't hel management wise as am awaiting this holy grail!!!!

take Care, you will be given the tools to get through management

Sam

Well done on fabulous weight loss!
You obviously followed the programme of abstinence and put your trust into it and saw the results.
Go into management with the same attitude - follow it religiously, listen to your body telling you when it is full [it is amazing how that full feeling returns after all those years of overeating] and when you are full - stop eating!
I lost a further stone on management as I followed each week religiously [compliant child] and did not go mad with portion control!
Its just common sense - if you ate like you used to eat then fat returns! Start as you mean to go on - make healthy choices [I found I loved foods that I never even liked before.
I am sure you will be fine - stay determined not to go back to the life you existed in before - now is the time to live your life

Hiya,

I moved into week 3 of management on Monday and yes it is scary but I think that your weight loss is so amazing and you have obviously worked so hard to get to your goal and now have a wonderful life that you won't lose sight of the happy new life YOU have created for yourself.

Go for it with the same positive mental attitude and you will be fine. I am still nervous but just take each day as it comes and plan in advance which takes the stress and temptations out of the eqation - well must of the time.

Good luck and well done xx

Congratulations on your weight loss. I'm just finishing week 4 of maintenance and I like Nadine have founs that i lost a futher 6 and a half pounds in the first 3 weeks. I also haven't got overboard about portion sizes but I have kept to the program as far as what foods to eat.
You will find food tastes a whole lot better and you'll start eating foods you used to hate, I eat celery everyday now but used to hate it. I would recomend experimenting as much as you like with marinades and home made dips. Get really excited about these early healthy foods so in the future these are the foods of choice. I'm so into raw vegetables now that these will be a daily diet from now on.
Most importantly get past being on a diet, your not anymore, now your a normal slim person and your about to begin a new life as such :)

Good luck

I am starting week 3 of management today having lost over 5 1/2 stone. I am taking each week as it comes and not looking ahead too much. I am determined not to put the weight back on.

My LLC is brilliant and with her help, this site and others on the programme I am getting full support.

I also do not go overboard on portion control. I dont overeat if I feel full I listen to my body and stop. Have some water and then think am I still full yes well the food can go in the bin.

I am also finding I am liking food I never thought much of in the past. I am enjoying preparing meals and I do think ahead and order online through tesco for delivery then I am not tempted to buy things that we dont need. I am buying quality not quantity and am lucky to have a very good organic supermarket near to work where I can get a lot of things allowed on the programme that tesco dont stock.

I am sure you will be fine if you follow the programme religiously. I have lost 7.5lbs in 3 weeks. I didnt think I would loose but I have. Still in the healthy BMI though.

Jo

wow, i have never used this site before but thankyou, your all so welcoming and friendly ! I am still petrified but i understand that i have to take each day as it comes. Im only 19 and its been so hard not to drink when going out with friends etc. And birthdays, but I am glad I decided to do something about my weight whilst I am still young. Im going into managment on 9th July and i hope it goes well ! Oh and well done on all you weight losses to they are fantastic !!! xxx :p

Thankyou very much, I will post some before and after pictures up soon ! This is the 1st time I have used this site, wish I knew about it before lol. Im actually an admin assistant for a lighter life councillor so i have the joy of seeing people change before my eyes at work ! When I have completed lighterlife i will be able to say "I lost 10stone in 9 months." xxx

Make sure you keep us posted about the rest of your weight loss and management,

and I have just worked out on the caleder we could be starting management the same week which would be good to keep us both motivated.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

Sam

Back