Scarlett to target one day at a time

Hey hun, just having a catch up! Sounds like you had a good weekend down in portsmouth and fishing!

With the queasy thing - maybe its protein you need? Rather than sugary fruit or carbs? Just thinking if you have tried sweet stuff and a mugshot and still not good try an ee or red day and have something like a sliced chicken breast and some spinach or summat similar? Xx

Thanks minks will try that today. Xx

Trying a red day today to see if the protein helps with the nausea.
Breakfast banana and 2 satsumas. Peppermint tea.
Lunch ryvita with laughing cow light with ham and tomato
Got a pack of ham to snack on this afternoon if I get the pre queasy hunger attack.
Dinner pasta hexb bolognese as we didn't have it yesterday.

Sounds good fun :)

They're both lovely but I like the peplum xx

Ok next ask the audience question..(pasted from my other forum question)

I am hoping to make a poem transferred onto a block of wood for my friends 30th birthday present but I am having trouble finding the right sized wood online. I would like a block roughly a4 sized and about 2cm thick.
Is there any crafters or diy'ers out there who know if I can go to somewehere like homebase and just ask them to cut me a piece the correct size and just buy that bit or if I will have to purchase a plank and cut it down myself. Sorry if this is a bit of a thick question, never had to do DIY and first attempt at crafting with any kind of wood! Any help or advice will be greatly received! Xx

Think I might have found a seller on eBay that is selling 30cmx30cm blocks of wood to use a chopping boards or to decorate, think I'm going to get one of those.
That would be amazing but I'm not going to engrave it, going to use this technique to transfer a great friendship poem I've found online and add a line at the bottom to personalise it. This is the poem, love it and its so apt for us, she's been my best friend for 23 years this year!

true friends are hard to find, and worth their weight in gold...
an ear to always listen, and sometimes a hand to hold...
they share with you fond memories, and all those precious things...
that after a glass or two of wine, make your belly laugh and sing...
they remind you of the times you've had, now how long has it been?..
surely we are not that old, I only feel nineteen!..
they live through your relationships, the good, the bad, the rest...
and survive like you to tell the tale, they really are the best...
life is full of highs and lows, and precious is our time...
so make sure that you appreciate them as I do, friend of mine... Xxx

Apologies for all the ...'s -the source I'm using its posted like that but I won't be printing it that way! X

Thanks I thought so :) since she had children we don't do birthday presents for each other so thought as it's a special birthday will make something for her rather than get an expensive present with not much thought put in. Nice to get personalised things as I will put a message on it also and I will have fun making it too! :)

Changing subject but keeping with crafty stuff, have asked some of my family if they can't think of presents for my birthday to put some money to my sewing machine fund.
Found a nice one in a sale so hopefully can pick it up soon and get making stuff :) want to eventually go on a dressmaking course and be able to make myself something. Borrowed a friend's sewing machine after I got out of hospital last year as had to rest but got bored stiff so altered my dress for my brothers wedding, made a handbag out of some old jeans and made a Christmas stocking for my nephew and absolutely loved it. Was a bit of a wrench giving it back so can't wait to have my own!
I know you've said about sewing before fran, do you make anything with patterns? Never used one and a bit clueless! X

oh I've not made any garments with sewing (mostly due to my size I never wanted to measure myself to see how big I had to make it). If you have a flick through some magazines (WH Smith has often a good collection) and there is often some guides to using patterns. There will be loads of info online too. blogs and you tube are often a good help.

My sewing machine was only £25! hehe.

Ooh good idea, will def have a you tube session to make something simple but hadn't thought of magazines.

The dressmaking courses are quite pricey but think it will be worth it for the tips and skills I'll gain from it. Can have lots of fun practicing while I save up for the course too!

£25?! Was it a second hand one?
I've had a look and there's not much about locally at the moment. Hobby craft have one for £75 down from £130 that I'm going to check out online for reviews but I had a fiddle in the shop and it seems robust enough. Obv couldn't try it out but I'm sure they are all pretty much of a muchness, quirks aside! Never thought I'd be so excited about a sewing machine. 21 year old me would be shaking her head with a wine in each hand! Baha

Haha, yeah, it was in a charity shop, still boxed up, never used. I need to get started on my patchwork. I was going to do some today but my hot baba had me up all night. Not a good idea to sewing when tired! haha. £75 sounds good. I believe you don't have to spend a lot to get good results. If something is cruddy it will hinder you, but basic models of things are always a great place to start anything.

Wow bargain! I need to take you shopping with me you seem to attract the bargains!
No sewing tired isn't great, nor is wonky patchwork! Hope nate and therefore you sleep better tonight.
Def don't need any fancy pants settings on the machine, just basics will do me! Can't wait to get started!
Beddy byes time, night night xx

Back