Scarlett to target one day at a time

Matalan is fab it's only £3.50 deliver but free if you spend more than £50. We've got a huge one in the next town along so I've done click and collect so that's free too.

Ooh those spots sound sore! Is there anything you can do to soothe them or is it just a case of waiting it out?

I don't think I've ever eaten so little in a day! I'm so much better at not snacking when I'm at home alone though. New job means I'll be eating breakfast and lunch at work so can't go for the junk as I'll be cooking for massively pregnant new mum boss and kids so at least it will be healthy! Should help keep me on track! That and the thought of my new dress need to buy that actually! :)

Hello poppets, must be honest I'm a bit pished!
Been at mum and dads all afternoon with my parents, eldest bro and sis in law, next bro down and nephew. other sis in law was working and lil bro is at his girlfriends celebrqting her 21st. Had a yummy BBQ, been quite good food wise but my sister in law turned up with prosecco and id taken rose wine so had more than a few glasses of each of those! I'm such a lightweight now I used to be ale to drink a couple of bottles of wine and still be standing, now I'm tiddly after 2 glasses! Anyway just wanted to pop in to say hi and hope everyone is ok, woke up super late so no brekkie but made good choices a bbq, had chicken, extra lean burgers (homemade) plus a jacket potato with a splodge of marg, bit of coleslaw and big pile of salad so quite good really!
Got another BBQ tomorrow but its all sorts of foreign meat! She sent me a list with all sorts on it, kangaroo, wild boar, springbok, crocodile to name but a few. *puke* ill stick to my sainsburys bgty sausages thanks! Not very adventurous with food thatI don't know, I don't even really like seafood so I'm certainly not eating skippy!

Omg! How was the second bbq?! They are all meats I'd love to try! Been looking online at things like kangaroo and ostrich but all the ones you mentioned sound awesome!
Glad you had a good weekend and good luck for today xxx

Ooh the exotic BBQ sounds amazing! I had springbok and ostrich in South Africa - both super tasty! Really delish. And wild boar burgers are delish! Hope whatever you had, you enjoyed it.

I'm back after being AWOL (again!) so have got loads of diaries to catch up on! When do you start your new job??

We need to get a date in the diary to meet up soon, don't we! xx

Hi ladies, as for good luck wishes! BBQ yesterday was lovely, took some tesco light thingy sausages and had one of those, plus a bit of steak and some salad. Tried some wild boar and springbok, plus another which is translated as "big Spanish pig" so basically giant pork :) they were nice but I'm not very adventurous with new meats etc so I didn't try anything else, prob wouldn't go out my way to have them again either but that's just me! Lovely afternoon.

Today first day was lovely, the little boy is scrumptious, could eat him! Mum boss is lovely, the girl I only spent half hour with this morning because she had a playdate at a friends, but she is very sweet. Will get to play more with her tomorrow.

Drama at the end of the day though. My family does it well! Got a call at 4.50pm (was due to finish at 5.30) from my mum. My brother had taken his girlfriend to a&e this afternoon as she twisted her ankle badly last night ( its her 21st birthday today) and while there he suddenly doubled over in pain and went white, they rushed him into the treatment room and long story short turns out he had a problem with a testicle. Had to have an emergency op. mum and dad had gone up there to see him and while waiting for him to be taken to surgery, dad collapsed too, smacking his head hard on the bed next to my brothers as he fell!
They got him in the bed he had hit his head on and hooked him up to monitors etc and did blood tests, thank goodness he is fine, they concluded it was a mix of low blood sugar, heat and shock at seeing my bro in that state.
They've let him out and he is fine now, brother is also out of surgery and needs to stay overnight but will be fine. Seriously one hell of a day though!! Was shattered at half 4 and just wanted to go home to slump on sofa! Almost 4 hours later I'm finally there! Bless mum boss though she let me leave straight away. Sleeeeeeeeep!

Last edited:
Goodness your family sounds like mine!! Don't do things by halves! Glad they are all ok and 'sorted', bless them.

And yay to first day going well, always good to getting day one under your belt with ease xx

You really couldn't make it up! His poor gf, not only is it her birthday and she's limping about she's had to watch first her boyfriend then his dad collapse and hang about the hospital all afternoon waiting for news! Bless her she never even got her ankle looked at. My brothers had lots of medical issues in last few years so although worrying it was kind of nothing new for us (sounds a bit heartless..don't mean it too!) , for her though it's the first time anything has happened to him since they've been together so she was terrified.
I was more worried about dad to be honest, for a man of 55 he is in very good health, no conditions, no medication or anything so for him to suddenly collapse was very worrying. Just glad it was a combination of small factors leading to it rather than a major problem . he's not one to make a fuss at all either so he hated having to be plugged into the machines. Just a relief they are both ok, and hope Bro treats his girlfriend to a slap up meal! Told him off for stealing her thunder haha x

Men aren't good with shocks. Dad fainted when he dislocated his finger and mum was going to drive.... It's a fella thing I think, It has been roasting today too. I bet your new mum boss was not enjoying the heat! Glad it wasn't too shocking for your brother to have a health problem. I know what you mean about getting used to someone having health problems. It doesn't stop is being horrible, but you do get used to it.

Glad you get what I meant about Bro, I read it through a few times and couldn't think of another way to put it but sounded heartless as I said!
Mum boss def not enjoying the heat! Bless her she is enormous, still got between 3 and 7 weeks left depending on her consultant and how big the babies get, they are already huge for twins so will see how long they stay in!

The delicate nature of bros problem and the amount of pain he was in prob didn't help dad either, I keep crossing my legs thinking about it lol!

Oh my gosh honey! What a dramatic day! Glad work went well and that all family members are now on the mend! Also v proud of you for trying exotic meat!

Fingers crossed for a quiet Tuesday!xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks all! All fine now, bro home and in bed resting. His girlfriend finally got her ankle checked today and its a hairline fracture so she's been basically walking around on a broken leg! She will never forget her 21st that's for sure :/

Today was mad busy but still loving it! Absolutely shattered! Picked up my Matalan order, only the two t-shirts were any good, boo! But does mean I've spent £25 less than I would have done! :)

Hi all, sorry for lack of food diary! Def eating less than normal (having breakfast at 6.45am and not having lunch till 12ish then nothing other than fruit till I get home which mon and tues wasnt till after 7pm) and sneaky peek at the scales this morning showed 2.5lbs down! :eek: no way! I know its a loss which I am thrilled about but sure it won't be that good!

Today I've had a couple of extras as the children (love them already!) had friends round to play so had a teeny bit of pizza and a malteser bunny but hadnt had any extras other than breakfast and lunch.

The kids are seriously cute, especially the little boy, he is almost 3 but is teeny weeny. He has asked mum boss each day in front of me "can Mandie stay here forever and ever and ever? Please!" Which is adorable, and have to have a hand holding rota so they can take it in turns to hold my hand. Bess them. Loving it but I'm so tired! Just getting used to the longer days, more full on and the extra driving. Have already done 108 miles in my car this week just commuting, plus im driving their car in the day. Used to do about 70 total commuting and driving about with old job. Def made the right decision though. Happy happy!:)

Back