Scotbean's diary started 14/01/12 :-) xx

Hope it goes ok tonight and you enjoy your salad, and good luck with the WI tomorrow xx

Hope all went well for you last night Scotbean. Keep up the liquids. I have a silly little routine with the water too. I line up my 3 l bottles and decant these into smaller bottles, each with one of those slurp caps (recycling!) so that I have smaller grab bottles to swig from. I know CK uses a handy little app on her iphone. We all have our ways! Congrats hun on surviving Rotten Old Week 3, Whoo hoo!!!!

Well I was in two minds about coming on here today as I don't want to bring other people down But it is my diary after all and therefore I should record how I feel all the time right?

today I am ANGRY!!! What is the POINT of eating nothing all week and losing 2lbs????? I could have lost more than that on Scottish Slimmers and been enjoying food all week!!!

Does this diet work?? Past the first couple of weeks?? I don't feel different. I don't look different. I feel tired all the time. My clothes are not looser. ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

My OH is foolowing more or less Scottish Slimmers plan and has gone from 15/12 to 14/10.5 in 3 weeks. I have gone from 17/5.5 to 16/2. Yes I have lost more but I haven't eaten anything!!!

And waht is more annoying the sclaes yesterday morning were fluctuating between 15/13.5 and 16/0.5 so I felt sure I would be at 16 today at least. But no. 16/2.

seriously seriously hacked off. And glum.

Not had any shakes at all yet - am scared to have anything tbh - maybe I'll just drink water for a week and see if that works?

Rant over - I will take my angry head off the boards now and sorry all.

Scotbean,

This is exactly how I felt when doing LT. 2lb one week, 3lb the next and it peed me off. And you are right, you can lose more while eating sensible food. Don't give up. Give yourself another week as from what I have read on the boards week 3 is generally not a good week for anyone, maybe its just your body stabilising itself into this diet. I don't know. No matter what you decide to do, you will have the support of us other S&S girls.

Have you thought maybe dropping down to 3 packs and day and chicken/fish and veg to see if that has a difference to the scales

Men are known to lose faster than women no matter what sort of diet they are using - that equates to the fact if you were both doing his diet you would probably have lost less than you have and if he was doing S&S he would probably have lost more than you! BUT we all have to do what works best for us. I use food packs because I know I have little control if there are any 'grey' areas on my plan that involve counting and making choices etc. I need it black and white that I can have packs plus set veg and that is it, at least until I try to sort out maintainance!
You know this plan is working for you. Our bodies will also take revenge at times and hang onto the weight but we will beat it in the end, when it realises we are serious and are going to carry on!
I dont think the weather helps at the moment as along with all the normal monthly water retention issues our bodies are also trying to hang onto the blubber to keep us warm! Thats the way nature made us!
Think of all the positives, what you have achieved - 17.5 in three weeks - wow I would be so pleased with that! The clothes that now are getting looser, and clothes you can now get on? Concentrate on your goals and how much closer you are getting, and the reasons you want to lose the weight.
Try to spoil yourself today to get that motivation back, relaxing bath with candles etc, do your nails, hair, anything to make yourself feel good. Even just curl up on the sofa with OH and watch a movie together!
You can do this and you have our support, and we can all relate to your frustration but stick with it and you will see the difference on the scales!

Hey Scotty,

I understand how you feel. I myself thought hmm is it going to be 2lbs a week for me now too? yesterday my scales showed -4lbs. But I know that if I'd of stuck to slimming world, I would probably be cheating every other day (like I was before) and finding it hard to know where to stop. I would probably only be down about 5-6lbs in 3 weeks.

It does seem rubbish losing 2lbs when you know all week we've had nothing but packs. But look at the weight as a whole in 3 weeks. You only have to look at some of the others' weight losses. Hitting 60lbs within 4-6 months. I know for a fact that I couldn't achieve that on a conventional plan, otherwise I would have by now, after doing that for years x 2lbs is still an excellent loss, also you ay be retaining water, I think I am as the scales were 2lbs lower yesterday xx

Chin up scotbean. I doubt you'd have lost 2lb this week on SS, SW or whatever. If your body is only prepared to give up 2lb on a VLCD then it would be unlikely to give up 2lb on a higher calorie diet. And dreaded week 3 isn't called dreaded week 3 for nothing. I have friends at work who do Scottish Slimmers but believe me they don't lose 2lb consistently every week. Some weeks they stay the same, some weeks they lose half a pound and on a really good week they'll lose 2lbs. Their calorie deficit isn't enough to lose as much as on a VLCD, plus the fact if we were people who could stick to that sort of diet we'd all have been successful on that sort of diet. I know I'm not that person and that this works for me. On week 5 I lost 0.5lbs I was gutted as I'd been 100%. Nothing I could do about it though other than just keep going. What's the alternative? Go off track, gain some or all of the weight you've worked to hard to lose, or go back to a diet that you couldn't stick to before? They are alternatives but are they the right alternatives for you? If the scales are wavering then the chances are they'll drop down this coming week.

And men definitely lose more weight compared to women whatever diet they do. We had a man on here doing S&S last year and he lost so much weight you wouldn't believe compared to us women, and he treated himself to a kebab on a Sat night! And they don't have TOTM to contend with! Just the unfairness of life I'm afraid!

How's things going today scotbean?

Scotty, I really hope that you come back on here and read all our diaries. It is hard I know, yesterday I could've killed for a chinese, but today I am fine and sat next to my OH whilst he ate a KFC.

It's your call, but this diet is working for us, the scales don't lie. 2lbs is still a massive achievement in 1 week, and I bet you are retaining some water too. I hope you reach your weight loss goal, however you go about it. I am sticking to S&S, it's hard and my friends today said that not one of them could do it for a week let alone 3 or more! But it's not impossible, losing weight is hard no matter what way you go about it. But at least this way, getting to goal is much quicker, for me 2lbs per week would justify remaining on the diet, 2lbs of solid fat! I know you can lose that on sensible eating plans. But I've never been able to stick to sensible eating plans, otherwise I wouldn't be here now. And I hope that at the end of my s&s journey I will have developed a much better relationship with food than I had before.

I wish you luck, and hope you come back soon! xxx

Hey Scotbean hope everything's ok! We all have our wobbles, hope you're just off having fun or something! You and Tara are my inspiration lol so hope today was a good day for you and hear from you soon xx

Hi guys v quick check in!! Sorry for my rant!!!show week is now upon us and I have been in the theatre yesterday and 11 hours today.

Just home totally knackered. I am working all week then theatre every night and two show next Saturday then it will all be over!!

I really don't expect to be on here much if at all but I am still around!!! This weekend has been so mental that I have not been 100% but I am fine I am still intending to carry on!! Gonna try and be 100% all week but so hectic I am not sure what will happen in reality will give it my nest shot but I am not going to beat myself up if not. It's always a very hard week and physically demanding so I will prob lose weight. Just through the sweat regardless!!!

Good luck for this week I'll check in if I can and see you all properly on the other side a week from now xxxx

Glad you're still with us SB and good luck with the show xx

Can't add anymore words of wisdom Scotbean but I do feel for you. All that I can say is that this diet works. Some weeks are really crappy and slow but overall it is steady all over losses and they build up. It's not easy, as others have said, but I've never lost this amount of weight so 'easily' or so quickly. I hope it works out for you too SB! xx

Scotbean, hope all is going ok during your busy schedule.

Hi all well I am back after my completely mad week. I am absolutely knackered, the house is like a tip but I need to get back on track!!

Not weighing till next saturday as I haven't been 100% so I've prob put on and I'd rather not know!! So aiming to be down on where I was by next Saturday i.e. Below 16/2 and I'll be happy with that!

Prob be a crap couple of days coming up getting back into ketosis so here goes!
I hope you're all well...... Did you miss me?! Lol xx

Back