Scotbean's diary started 14/01/12 :-) xx

scotbean

S: 17st5.5lb C: 16st2lb G: 9st10lb BMI: 38.8 Loss: 1st3.5lb(7.19%)
Hi all

After mainly lurking here since November I have finally taken the plunge and ordered a months supply eek!! Already had a few samples sent so I have some idea.
I have Also ordered a shaker from eBay.
I am planning on 4 packs a day and possibly veg too, I'll see how all that goes.
I am so nervous I feel even posting this on here is as if I am setting myself up to fail. I would like to keep a diary but I'm not sure!!
I have a lot to lose. Don't have enough posts to add any stats or signature but I will in due course.
I haven't picked a start day yet but sometime in the next week I think.
So I will come back and update then. Then it will be real!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Last edited:

Maka

A New Woman
S: 173lb C: 157lb G: 150lb BMI: 29.6 Loss: 16lb(9.25%)
Welcome and all the best.

Hope that you've picked up that we're a pretty supportive bunch and you'll get loads of advice and help on here.

Good luck x

Tridi

S: 19st9.6lb C: 19st9.6lb G: 11st0.3lb Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hey scotbean,

You can do it! One big advice is to try and change ur mindset! Stop focusing on the things u do NOT want,as in that I will fail anyway! Start to focus on how well u will do,believe it and keep picturing yourself what u will look like,what u will do etc.

I have also a lot to lose,6 st. In total, pass the first week and u will see it get's a lot easier!
First week is all about a looooot of water and distraction.this forum will give u sooo much support.

Go on u can do it
Looming forward reading ur progress!

BordersGirl

Feeling great in 2012!
S: 17st6lb C: 11st2lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 26 Loss: 6st4lb(36.07%)
Good luck Scotbean and welcome to our little group. Believe me, seeing the pounds fall off will be all the incentive you need to stick with it.

frannie

S: 11st11lb C: 10st4lb G: 9st4lb BMI: 25.5 Loss: 1st7lb(12.73%)
Hi Scotbean,

I too am fairly new here but everyone is so supportive.
Do not think about the total amount of weight you have to lose - break it down into mini targets. Borders Girl is right - once you see the weight coming off so quickly, you will feel motivated to carry on - good luck.

Lexie_dog

UNLEASHING THE BEAST!
S: 15st12.5lb C: 15st9lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 35.3 Loss: 0st3.5lb(1.57%)
Just focus on getting through a day at a time - it's al we do with everything else.

Stick to your packs (and veg if that's what you're doing) for the month, the time's going to pass anyway - you might as well be a stone (or more!) lighter by the end of it Xx

GetSetGo

S: 14st11lb C: 12st0.2lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 2st10.8lb(18.74%)
Welcome Scotbean and good luck with your weightloss journey!! :)

scotbean

Ok I am starting tomorrow I am not putting it off any longer!!! It's half midnight now. See you in the morning when I think i will start with porridge! xx

Aisha_Mango

S: 14st2lb C: 11st6lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 2st10lb(19.19%)
Good luck!! :)

Bea

Back on the wagon!
S: 17st7lb C: 16st5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 39.3 Loss: 1st2lb(6.53%)
Best of luck...about to have porridge too lol....

BordersGirl

Feeling great in 2012!
Good luck today Scotbean

charlene-wilson

Silver Member
Good luck scotbean. if your unsure of the porridge try adding some nutmeg it makes it taste like egg custard.

scotbean

Thanks all!! Great start have woken up with a sore head already! And standing on the scales to get my start weight I have already gone up 3.5 lb.

So definitely no time to put it off further......
Am starting with a bar as I need to eat something so I can take painkillers!! Am looking forward to porridge at lunch I have cinnamon to sprinkle through if needed.

Also sitting with first glass of water and a cup of black tea.

Here goes. Good luck to all. One day at a time and all that!

BordersGirl

Feeling great in 2012!
If you do get a weak moment Scotbean don't crack just have an extra pack. Much better than going off plan.

scotbean

Well I am an hour away from having pack two so I think I'll be ok for now! I know it's very early I'm sure I won't post as much as this every day but for now it's helping.

Trying to keep busy is not difficult!
Sipping lots of water almost through my first litre.....

I will report after lunch. Now thinking spag Bol but I'll see!
Hope everyone having a good day so far!

scotbean

Well spag Bol was palatable and I had it with spinach cucumber and spring onions which def helped.

The problem I now have is that I am craving something sweet even though I do feel quite full!

Suggestions please?! Don't want to have another pack right away I am trying to space them out four hourly
Xx

BordersGirl

Feeling great in 2012!
The sugar cravings should start to subside as you reach ketosis. So maybe go and do something to take your mind off food. Or have a sweet coffee with sweetener? Or maybe have half a pack now and save the other half for later? Some people find it easier if they split their shakes and bars into 2 and spread them out.

scotbean

I did the supermarket shopping for the rest of the family.... Does That count as taking my mind off food haha!!

Am now having tea with sweetener. Roll on 5 pm lol. Gonna have chocolate or porridge!!

BordersGirl

Feeling great in 2012!
Ha, well it was a distraction at least. You just need to be clinical about food shopping and not think about how it would taste :). I shop for the OH on line mostly although we do go to the supermarket sometimes and I don't really get worried about what's there as I know I can't have it. I do get all excited in the veg aisle though as I decide what to have for my veg allowance :).