Scotsmist diary - from 1 jan 2010

oh scotsmist,,i just read that post and almost drooled..( gross i know) at the thought of that amazing food..mmm..
your doing really well so far keep it up!..:)

thats great scots, cant wait for you wi, :)

Threresa, great idea with chinese especially this early, i know we cant continue putting off functions, but i think i would avoid it if it was me this early too, :)

Iris,

I following you acutely....lol Seriously tho you are an inspiration... I have Day1 down and my lovely son reminded me that he wants to gofor a chinese for his 12th birthday....... on Monday next week...... if I cant postpone it a couple of month (LOL), I will send him with his dad.... Feel bad but by Sun/Mon I will be well on my way to my 1st stone and the chinese will still be there in a couple of months time!! Plus if hubby goes with him, they can have a boys night and it will save us money as I wont be bringing the whole family!!!

Day 4 down, well done Iris!!

Yes, good thinking!! I kept telling myself that last time...this diet wasnt forever, but I never deprived myself..I still had people round for meals, etc...just didnt eat! It was the company that was important.
I know your son might not understand but if your hubby is willing take him, then brill!
Thanks for the encouragement...every little helps!!

Good going Scots for getting back on track, good luck with the weigh in.
Thanks for setting up the challenge it will keep us all focused.

Day 5

Snowed in!! Didnt get to work so stayed at home. It was a bit of a mixed bag today to be honest...I was so hungry most of the day.

I could quite easily have eaten the meal I had made for my OH..it smelt absolutely gorgeous, but I didnt of course!!!

Made a fab snow man (woman) tonight and just had a lot of fun messing around and feeling like a kid...kept thinking it was burning calories as well :)

We had a 2 hr power cut tonight as well, and must admit by around 8pm was starting to panic about my shake...as I dont have a shaker at home and I usually make my shakes in my Rondo!! Was trying to think how I could shake them without the shakes, etc....and even considering not being able to have my third shake...PHEW,,,,when the electricity came back on and I ran in quickly to make my shake,,,,,JUST INCASE IT WENT OFF AGAIN!

Today, in my view was a tad difficult. I wouldnt have given in, but I kept thinking, why oh why have you got here again!! If you had been sensible, etc, etc....you could be eating something nice and healthy! But, such is life..I am not and well, reality kicked in and I just had to get on with it

Roll on Thursday when I get weighed...this will give me a boost. Not been at the gym all week as cant even get to it, so my hope of maybe losing around 9lb might not become a reality, but that is ok...I will deal with that when I come to it,,,,might be pleasantly surprised :)

Oooh Iris,

I'm on a long day on Thursday and wont see your loss til late!!

I'm hoping to get into my pharmacist early on Saturday as I'm going to persuade hubby to drive for the shopping! Saves me having to drive on Monday. I weigh in at home as my scales show the full stats; body fat weight & %, BMI and H2O %.... Its great sometimes to see the fat levels go down and the H2O go up even if I dont lose weight as such!

Will be looking in to see how tomorrow goes!

Hi scots, glad your 1st week is going quickly for you, Keep positive about weight loss. You never know like you say, this diet is mental, i had more weight to lose last time but lost more on my 1st week this time!?
Give yourself a pat on the back for having to cook for OH and not giving in, not sure i could do that. If i had a OH he would be cooking for himself i can tell you! (Maybe this is why i'm single,lol)
I haven't slept aswell on LT this time either, last night was first night i was asleep quickly, hopefully it will continue.
Don't you just love that feeling when you wake in the morn and know you just did another day of LT, i feel so unbloated and jump out of bed, kind of!
Keep it up you are doing great!!

Hi scots, glad your 1st week is going quickly for you, Keep positive about weight loss. You never know like you say, this diet is mental, i had more weight to lose last time but lost more on my 1st week this time!?
Give yourself a pat on the back for having to cook for OH and not giving in, not sure i could do that. If i had a OH he would be cooking for himself i can tell you! (Maybe this is why i'm single,lol)
I haven't slept aswell on LT this time either, last night was first night i was asleep quickly, hopefully it will continue.
Don't you just love that feeling when you wake in the morn and know you just did another day of LT, i feel so unbloated and jump out of bed, kind of!
Keep it up you are doing great!!

Thanks!!!
Yes it is a lovely feeling in the morning..not that feeling of dread and who am I going to bump into today and feel I need to make an excuse for my expanding body!!!! Knowing full well they are thinking, I knew she would put it back on when she finshed that stupid diet!!!!

But, here I am, On Day 6 :)

Oooh Iris,

I'm on a long day on Thursday and wont see your loss til late!!

I'm hoping to get into my pharmacist early on Saturday as I'm going to persuade hubby to drive for the shopping! Saves me having to drive on Monday. I weigh in at home as my scales show the full stats; body fat weight & %, BMI and H2O %.... Its great sometimes to see the fat levels go down and the H2O go up even if I dont lose weight as such!

Will be looking in to see how tomorrow goes!

Something to look forward to ;-)!! hahaha......hopefully!!!!
Your scales sound brill. I have digi scales at home that tell you body fat, etc, etc...but I hide those and I never weigh myself at all except at the chemist...so, I cant wait till tomorrow!

Does your pharmacist weigh you too?

Day 6

Just wanted to document this....but before I went to bed last night I decided to try on a lovely coat I had bought when I lost all my weight in August.....I knew it wouldnt fit, but why did I think it would! I got it on, buttoned up, but boy it was tight, and then I just felt bad! Thought "what if I dont lose anything"!!!! [my thyroid medication has been increased recently, so now I am worrying that this is not helping]....I think I am just worrying about tomorrow's WI! Just want it over with now!

Day 6 hasnt really started as such; 11am, not had my first shake yet, stomach is growling, but I will hold off till around 1pm as having them later seems better for me at the minute!

I seem to be carrying around with me this annoyance that I shouldnt be here! I hope it isnt hindering me! I havent faltered one bit, but I am just so blooming mad at myself!

Anyway, I will post again later, just wanted to get down how I was feeling before I forget!!

Hey Iris,

Maybe you can turn that anger into more willpower and determination; a reserve in times of stress? I have an ancient pair of jeans I will never wear again but want to fit into.... they sit at the bottom of my wardrobe taunting me. Thought about throwing them away on NYD but decided to keep them........... I will fit into them!

You know you will feel wonderful in a few weeks time when the coat is comfy again.

I know how you feel when you think you should be at goal by now and enjoying 'healthy eating'. But we all know conquering demons isnt always that easy. Smokers may take many attempts to give up and will admit that some situations will trigger a desire to smoke even years later. We are much the same.

I cant wait til tomorrow and bet youare really excited too!

Day 6

I seem to be carrying around with me this annoyance that I shouldnt be here! I hope it isnt hindering me! I havent faltered one bit, but I am just so blooming mad at myself!

Anyway, I will post again later, just wanted to get down how I was feeling before I forget!!

Seriously you are not the only one who feels that way. I also know that people are looking and thinking, 'knew she wouldn't keep it off' it's not nice but :massmoon: to them i say. There will be something they have done and not stuck to or let slip, it's just with our weight loss it's so noticable and everyone sees it coming back on too. It's a massive pressure for us that they will never understand.

Please don't beat yourself up about it, even though i do the same thing, we shouldn't. i didn't put 2st back on cause i thought sod it i don't care anymore, it just happened, it shouldn't have but it did. I lived my life and enjoyed myself.

We are here now and you are on your last day of week 1 hun, that's fantastic, keep positive and give yourself a hug, you are doing great!!

THANKS Theresa!!!!!!!!! Really means a lot to me.

I am doing ok...the day has gone fine and tomorrow is DAY 7.

I have felt a bit hungry today but nothing again that I couldnt cope with.

Nothing much to report at all.

All seems to be going ok and yes, I cant wait to be weighed tomorrow, but not sure what my feelings are; whether nervous or excited...a bit of both if I am honest.

I know if I can get through this week, then I will be on a roll.....but will watch Wk 3 as I had a bit of a tumble last time during this week, so I will have my guard up.

best of luck tommor hon it will spur u on no end !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and u will be back in that coat in no time
i feel exactly the same, i bought 3 lovely pairs of tommy hillfigger jeans in uk in november none of which fitted me in shop but had full intention of fitting into them before xmas, needless to say that didnt happen, but i will get into them!!!!!
will be watching for your post tommor and again best of luck

good luck to you 2 thresa, cant wait to get some insperation from ye both !

Aww Iris, no problem. How has today been?

Nicola, Where did you buy your jeans? I really want a few 'nice' pars when I get to goal!!!

Iris, look forward not back!! You have gotten to goal before and will do so again. Yes, it is frustrating that you have put weight on again ( shame about the coat). Think of it this way, you have a nice coat to fit into in a few weeks time when you drop some weight.
Don't beat yourself up, you are doing great so far this week. You are staying so strong. Lots of luck for the WI.

theresa i bought them in tk max in london only £35 each they are over €150 here, i was delighted, determind to get into them :) they are only a size 12 but im a 14 at the min

ooh can't wait to hear how much you've lost in your first week. :) you'll have done brilliantly I'm sure!

Come on Iris- don't keep us in suspense?!?!

I got a lovely pair of Red Chili jeans in a 12 before Christmas that just fitted- now I've got a muffin top when wearing them that MUST GO!!! LOL! It will....it'll just take patience...;)

Come on Iris- don't keep us in suspense?!?!

I got a lovely pair of Red Chili jeans in a 12 before Christmas that just fitted- now I've got a muffin top when wearing them that MUST GO!!! LOL! It will....it'll just take patience...;)

Hi Irish...I have posted, but will post on here too..11lbs off ;-)!!

Hope you are doing well; will PM you ;)

Back