Scotsmist diary - from 1 jan 2010

Scotsmist

Life is not a Rehersal!
Decided to keep a diary...didnt do this on LT last time, but I did on refeed and Maintenance and it does help to remember how you felt, etc..and I am sure it will help others as well who are thinking on embarking on LT.

Day 1 - 1st January

First day has gone incredibly well....it helped that I got up really late after all the celebrations last night.

I made my first shake of 16 icecubes crushed, around 450ml of water and the choc shake....luvly..Oh, I must admit I did enjoy it and have missed my choc shake!

Second shake was soup and for the first time I had it in a bowl, rather than a mug, which meant I could have around 500ml water....I boil kettle, then I have a RONDO which is like a chopper and fill that with 500ml water, pour in the soup, blitz for around 10-15 secs...and it is all smooth...then I pop it in the micro for around 20secs....I know others hate the soup but I must admit to liking it, but I think it is the fact it is well whisked and no lumps at all.
Lastly I had my choc one again, made exactly the same way as my first...

I have drank around 3ltrs of water, but didnt fancy any coffee or tea today.

I feel very motivated, and totally and utterly relieved to be back on LT. I am looking forward to my first WI and hoping to just get down to 11st something!!!

I am NOT craving any food at all, and yet made my husband a lovely Turkish meal tonight but it didnt bother me in the slightest that I wasnt eating.

I have had a headache all day today, but nothing that couldnt be ignored. I didnt take any medication, I just kept drinking water......

To bed and I feel so pleased that I got Day 1 over with, but I wasnt dreading it anyway!

Day 2

When I woke this morning I didnt have that feeling of dread that I have started feeling. The past few weeks the first thing I thought about was my weight and my body and how much I hated it. Today, I got up and just felt good that I was not feeling bloated and that I was doing something positive about my situation....And, the best thing is I know this will increase as the weeks go on!!

Have had my first shake and nearly a litre and a half of water today and it is just 2:30pm so I should be able to get around 4 litres in today no problem.

No headache today!! YIPPEEE.....

Rest of the day has been good...no major problems or cravings at all...only sign I have is that my breath is starting to get that metallic taste,,so maybe I am getting into ketosis sooner???? Can cope with this though.

First time I have felt hungry and it is past 11pm, so that isnt too bad really.

Day 2 down,,yippee!!

Last edited:
Day 3

Last night when I went to bed I had a bit of a panic attack and was struggling to breathe...not sure why and then my mind started to question why I was putting myself through this again! But, this morning, I was fine; I think I just got a bit scared.

Today has been great. Dont quite understand why I am not feeling hungry, dont have any headaches, or lightheadeness...all that I suffered with last time! I just feel as though I am getting on with it and needs must sort of attitude.

OH and I went for a walk today as well and I felt ok; a little cold, but it is white here from the snow, so it was to be expected.

Nothing to report; Just pleased that Day 3 is almost finished and I go back to work tomorrow and I find it so much easier when I am working anyway.

Not sure if in ketosis, but it will happen when it happens....the metalic breath hasnt been bad either today????? strange.

Anyway, here's to Day 4 and the count down for WI day on Thursday.

wooo glad that your getting through it so far so good!

its good when things are that little bit easier!

Do you feel like your in ketosis yet?

Hi Chelly

Thanks...I dont know cause I never knew when I was in ketosis the last time..to be honest, I never really worried about it as the diet will get me in to ketosis when it does and I just know if I stick to the rules I will be there! Whenever that is.....

My GP has increased my thyroid medication too, so maybe this will help!!!! haha....but, I am just loving LT...cant believe I am saying this. I am sure there will be hard times ahead, but I am so so excited and determined.

I am arranging up to 3 reunions, all over the same weekend around March I reckon and to be honest, this is really spurring me on because some of them I havent seen in 20 yrs and in those days I was around size 18/20 (but squeezing into 14s..haha)..most havent seen me at all with the weight I have already lost, so it really is giving me one BIG INCENTIVE!!! I want it to just speed along now!!

I am sure you will do well too....once you get started and you realise how happy you felt with the weight loss last time.

HELLO ;)

well i hope i have your will power ;) fair play to you getting straight back into it :p
i'm dreading my first shake today and the water !!

will let you know how it goes plan to have shake about 10am :cool:

HELLO ;)

well i hope i have your will power ;) fair play to you getting straight back into it :p
i'm dreading my first shake today and the water !!

will let you know how it goes plan to have shake about 10am :cool:

Aww...I am so pleased to see you...although it shouldnt be on here - eh! What are we like. Did send you a message asking if you were back on again, and you are!!

We will nail this! Have to! Once and for all and we know that it works..it is just the maintaining bit we cant seem to get to grips with.

Speak soon!!

thanks its good to be back! i just served in dinner time rush at deli was sooooooooooo tempted up there to eat! but came done and finished off my 2nd ltr of water had first shake around 11 goin to have 2nd one now and hopefully will have soup tonight at home hubby not back to work yet so at least can sit at table with them all

here we go last time eh!!!

thanks its good to be back! i just served in dinner time rush at deli was sooooooooooo tempted up there to eat! but came done and finished off my 2nd ltr of water had first shake around 11 goin to have 2nd one now and hopefully will have soup tonight at home hubby not back to work yet so at least can sit at table with them all

here we go last time eh!!!

You have such a hard task with the deli, but you know you can do it!! I have changed my routine too....had my first shake after 1pm and then will have soup around 7pm and then shake around 10pm..as I find evening the worst and with not goin to the gym at the minute with hubby still a bit poorly!

At least you have done it and as each day passes it gets easier!

How do you last till 1pm for your first shake, i get a headache if i wait longer than 11am. I have 2nd at 2.30-3pm and last one anytime between 7-8pm depending on headache telling me not to wait any longer.

I did feel a little hungry today I must admit....I used to have my first at around 7:20am so it might take a bit of getting used to.

I suppose working helped as I had so much to do with today being my first day back.

I probably will keep doing that because once I start going to the gym after work I will have a shake right before the gym which is usually around 6pm, so it just helps.

I drink lots of water, so not sure if this helps, but wish I could answer the question...just seem to manage for some reason :)

Hey Scots, great to hear you're back on track!! You seem to be doing really well and are obviously very focussed. Keep up the good work.....you know you can do it!! x

Good for you, i guess everyone is different and your body can cope with it, where as mine is going... look if there's no chance of a bacon buttie then get a milkshake down you now! lol

hahahaha - talk about bacon butties! I was on the train this morning...and this guy was finishing off a bacon buttie or sausage buttie, wasnt sure what...oh, the smell!!!!
Then he finished it and I thought PHEW!...then,,,,NOW WAIT FOR IT.....he brought out another one that was in his pocket and it was steaming hot and this was a bacon buttie!! hahaha...AND I was sat right opposite him...oh, the smell!! And I dont even eat bacon, but it did smell nice......hahahahhhahaha

oh it's not fair is it? lol I had to cook my son a bacon sandwich yesterday, luckily he ate the lot quite quickly(for a 4yr old) and didn't leave any for me to drool over, that's my boy!

I have had to go in to chip shop for son and do him the bacon buttie in the last 2 days, it can't get any worse. The only thing that would drive me crazy now would be to have to watch someone eat chinese or a curry and that WILL NOT happen!

I know..it is the smells more than anything, but I know last time I loved smelling food and it was as though I had actually eaten it!! I think a lot have experienced the same thing!!

Day 4
Well almost done!!! YIPPEEEE......
I couldnt sleep at all last night...grrrrrr.....was still awake at 3pm and was suppose to be up at 6:30am!!! Never usually struggle with sleeping, hoping it was just because today was work day!!!!

Apart from feeling a little tired today, I have been fine.

I feel no bloated feeling whatsoever and even felt quite good wearing my black cords today...I tried these on last week and they were tight and I had a muffin top, but that wasnt the case today!

I was peeling an satsuma for my OH and nearly put a segment in my mouth, just out of habit, but luckily I didnt!

No headache; but breath is more metallicy today, other than that, all plain sailing.

I just feel that I want to crack this and is short a time as possible.

I also sent the application to the ED course today, so hopefully by this week I will know whether I have been accepted, which will be brill if so!

Bring on Day 5 and almost D Day!!!! Cant believe how fast it has gone.

Well done on getting your first four days done. You must be in ketosis now. Hope you get your place on the ED course. Fingers crossed for you!

Iris,

I following you acutely....lol Seriously tho you are an inspiration... I have Day1 down and my lovely son reminded me that he wants to gofor a chinese for his 12th birthday....... on Monday next week...... if I cant postpone it a couple of month (LOL), I will send him with his dad.... Feel bad but by Sun/Mon I will be well on my way to my 1st stone and the chinese will still be there in a couple of months time!! Plus if hubby goes with him, they can have a boys night and it will save us money as I wont be bringing the whole family!!!

Day 4 down, well done Iris!!

Back