Scottie's Exante Journey - Phase 2!

We DEFINITELY can!!! I KNOW I'm going to gain at least a stone when on honeymoon so will probably be what I am now by the time I get back but I'm not going to hold back and I'm going to enjoy myself!!! Although now it's getting closer, I'm sort of thinking "I'll not go mad, just eat nicely and try to limit the damage". I really want to be at goal by crimbo so yes, that's what I'm going to do. Gain as little as possible when on holiday, get back and get to goal for crimbo and that's it..I'll start 2012 healthy and happy and will never diet again!!! You up for that lady!?!?!? :D :D x

We DEFINITELY can!!! I KNOW I'm going to gain at least a stone when on honeymoon so will probably be what I am now by the time I get back but I'm not going to hold back and I'm going to enjoy myself!!! Although now it's getting closer, I'm sort of thinking "I'll not go mad, just eat nicely and try to limit the damage". I really want to be at goal by crimbo so yes, that's what I'm going to do. Gain as little as possible when on holiday, get back and get to goal for crimbo and that's it..I'll start 2012 healthy and happy and will never diet again!!! You up for that lady!?!?!? :D :D x

I am SO up for it missus! Starting 2012 happy and healthy and never having to diet again would be a dream come true, and it is totally within our reach!!

You gotta enjoy your honeymoon but at the same time I understand that you wouldn't want to gain a stone (that's what I used to put on during a 2 week hol - eek). Might be a plan to road test your PM principles and see how you get on - that way you're not worrying about calories and choices but still hopefully regaining some control :)

Let's do it!!!!!! 2012 will be our year!

xx

Thats what I was thinking, whilst I'm there just to PM! Stehpie77 has done that and not gained anything yet!!!! Woohoooo lets do it!!!! :D :D How exciting!!!!! x x x

Ok, so despite my enthusiam and head being in the right place today has been tough... I am so HUNGRY. Grrr hurry back K, I need you!

I've also decided that I am going to start being brutally honest in my diary about every morsel that passes my lips. I'm hoping that when I read back over my progress I can see patterns, etc that might help me in the long run.

So today I have had:
2 packs (1 shake, 1 bar)
A tiny nibble of cheese, and a tiny nibble of chicken
A handful of cashew nuts (about 10)
1L water
Big cup of tea
2 cans fizz

Need to get in more water, another pack and stop picking!!!

Hope you're all getting on ok :)

xx

Wise words DQ - another 5 just fell into my mouth *whoops*... :(

I caved and had a chicken WS meal. So that plus 3 packs and my protein picking puts me at around 1000kcals for the day. Not bad on the whole, but not great when I started the day aiming for 100% TS...

I'm hoping that getting back to work tomorrow will help as I'll have a bit of routine back. I definitely eat more when I'm bored = something big to watch out for when I get to maintenance land :)

I'm not sure that my head's been fully in it while I'm still in holiday mode... The motivation is there, but I think there's been some sort of psychological barrier with a wee sabotaging voice saying "you're still on holiday, start back properly on Monday".

Got a wee bit of organising to do for work in the morning so going to sort that out then read my Beck book which I finally found. I think I need to try and do something about that wee sabotaging voice...

xx

Well, I haven't eaten anything else which is good :D - also started the Beck book and will start my "exercises" here tomorrow as I think it will help me focus and cope with cravings.

After a bit of reflection, I think I was letting myself get a bit overwhelmed with how far I have to go. I was thinking about the 3+ stone I want to lose (which seems so daunting having already lost 5, I'm exhausted!) and even though I could do this in the 16ish weeks to xmas, sometimes even just 1 day on exante can feel like a lifetime.

So, to help me refocus, I need to be thinking and aiming for smaller goals.

Firstly, I'd like to lose 12 lbs which would take me just into the 11s and also into the overweight category (no longer obese!). This is totally do-able and I just need to focus for 3-4 weeks and it will be done!!

Next, I'd like to lose another 12lbs (24 total from now) as that will take me into the century club :D

The plan is to get these under my belt and then I'll re-assess and set new mini goals from there.

Phew - that feels better even just having typed that out. Off to bed now to read to get away from the kitchen (the cashew nuts are still whispering my name :() - have a long day at work tomorrow so I'll catch up with you all tomorrow night :)

xx

Scottie...I caved MASSIVELY too. Hey, Monday tomorrow and I'm with you all the way on this journey lady! However long it is for you...it's just as long for me!!!

Tomorrow, IT BEGINS!!! :D xx x

Hi x

Been reading your diary x it kinda feels rude lol like I'm ear wigging on your lovely conversationx

Such a good way to see the weight loss I have Florida in October but am hoping to limit the gain and come back for goal at crimbo xx

You girls will do it I know you will :)

Sleep well

Doing fab...as usual ;) x

Hi x

Been reading your diary x it kinda feels rude lol like I'm ear wigging on your lovely conversationx

Such a good way to see the weight loss I have Florida in October but am hoping to limit the gain and come back for goal at crimbo xx

You girls will do it I know you will :)

Sleep well

No earwigging here TA - the more people join in the conversation the merrier!

Sounds like you're working to a similar timescale to me and a few others so we should work on it together!

xx

Well have managed through the day so far. Shake for brekkie and bar for lunch at work with a big cup of tea :D

Not particularly hungry today but MAN I have a headache! I think this signals the arrival of the K train though so I'll just need to grin and bear it for now. 2 paracetamol and a cuppa are on the agenda!!

Hope you're all having a good day!
x

Hmmm I also realised I gained a quarter pound this morning... Somehow it didn't click earlier :( I know I did a bit of picking and had a WS meal but I worked out that my calories were about 1000 yesterday. Surely I can't have really gained?? Ach well, must just be a fluctuation...

Scottie's Phase 2 Daily Weight Chart

Day 1: 12st 13.5lbs (post holiday 3.5lb gain)
Day 2: 12st 11.25lbs -2.25lbs
Day 3: 12st 11.25lbs sts
Day 4: 12st 12.5 +1.25 (1 meal off plan)
Day 5: 12st 11.75 -0.75
Day 6: 12st 12 +0.25 (WS day)

scotminx said:
Well have managed through the day so far. Shake for brekkie and bar for lunch at work with a big cup of tea :D

Not particularly hungry today but MAN I have a headache! I think this signals the arrival of the K train though so I'll just need to grin and bear it for now. 2 paracetamol and a cuppa are on the agenda!!

Hope you're all having a good day!
x

Booo for the headache but yay for you're brilliant day! Hope the headache goes soon, 4head works wonders for mine xx

scotminx said:
Hmmm I also realised I gained a quarter pound this morning... Somehow it didn't click earlier :( I know I did a bit of picking and had a WS meal but I worked out that my calories were about 1000 yesterday. Surely I can't have really gained?? Ach well, must just be a fluctuation...

Scottie's Phase 2 Daily Weight Chart

Day 1: 12st 13.5lbs (post holiday 3.5lb gain)
Day 2: 12st 11.25lbs -2.25lbs
Day 3: 12st 11.25lbs sts
Day 4: 12st 12.5 +1.25 (1 meal off plan)
Day 5: 12st 11.75 -0.75
Day 6: 12st 12 +0.25 (WS day)

Strange how it all works eh?! Takes us ages to lose bit can creep back on in a flash- even when we are being good! Hopefully that wasn't a true gain, FC for tomorrow xx

Strange how it all works eh?! Takes us ages to lose bit can creep back on in a flash- even when we are being good! Hopefully that wasn't a true gain, FC for tomorrow xx

Thanks for the FC 14-9, think I'll need it as I've just had some tuna :(

Struggling to get my head back in the game... Tired and headachy still so will be having an early nite. Least if I'm in bed I can't be eating!!

x

Hope it comes off tomorrow Scottie :)

Thanks DQ - me too! I just need to get back to 12.10 then I'll feel like I'm pushing onwards with my journey. At the moment I just feel like I'm trying to lose the holiday gain...

Feeling sorry for myself so am out - don't wanna write anymore moany posts :(

Nyt nyt all - promise I'll be back to my positive old self tomorrow :)

x

scotminx said:
Thanks DQ - me too! I just need to get back to 12.10 then I'll feel like I'm pushing onwards with my journey. At the moment I just feel like I'm trying to lose the holiday gain...

Feeling sorry for myself so am out - don't wanna write anymore moany posts :(

Nyt nyt all - promise I'll be back to my positive old self tomorrow :)

x

We all need a moan now and then don't we :) hope tomorrow is a good one for you :)

Aww Scottie you can't me positively perfect all the time you know! We all have those down days, tomorrow will be a better day for you, I can feel it! xx

Back