Scrimpsavers

bunnylovesalan

Proud Mama :)
Anyone watch this -some ideas are really good others are so blantely obivously. Loved the food ideas and was shocked about the welsh block only wanting branded labels!!!

Anyone watch this -some ideas are really good others are so blantely obivously. Loved the food ideas and was shocked about the welsh block only wanting branded labels!!!

Yeah, I watch that, I love it :) So many great ideas!

Have to admit though, I'm a bit like that guy when it comes to certain foods. For example, I'll only eat Heinz baked beans/tomato sauce/etc, Alpen Lights & Kellogg's Fibre Plus (rather than Harvest Morn bars etc.), Green Giant sweetcorn...the list could go on!
Same with drinks, too. I'll drink diet Coke/Pepsi (the proper stuff - none of that "Rola Cola") and Diet Schweppes Lemonade, but most of the cheapy stuff just doesn't cut it for me.

I used to feel like that. Then I discovered aldi. I could kick myself for the amount I have spent needlessly when I could have not - although I have yet to find anything that remotely resembles diet coke.

i used to be a brand queen, but i now like to try own brand stuff. if the family/I don't like it, we don't buy it again. I love lidl freeway cola, but not the diet one. asda own brand diet drinks ROCK.

Yeah, I watch that, I love it :) So many great ideas!

Have to admit though, I'm a bit like that guy when it comes to certain foods. For example, I'll only eat Heinz baked beans/tomato sauce/etc, Alpen Lights & Kellogg's Fibre Plus (rather than Harvest Morn bars etc.), Green Giant sweetcorn...the list could go on!
Same with drinks, too. I'll drink diet Coke/Pepsi (the proper stuff - none of that "Rola Cola") and Diet Schweppes Lemonade, but most of the cheapy stuff just doesn't cut it for me.
Have to admit that's me as well Stevie!

Rola cola lol. That Peter Kay has a lot to answer for in the north!

Has to be branded:eek:

observations on this week's superscrimpers:

1. the seamstress lady obviously isn't a seamstress... she didn't pin stuff right!
howtopin.jpg

less bent pins, less broken sewing machine needles. less annoyed, mildly autistic, sewing enthusiast viewers.... and use glass head ones so that if you do accidentally sew it into a rolled hem or something, you can just smash the head and pull the body out instead of having to unpick and resew the hem.

2. I have to buy branded milk; I like lactose free real dairy milk rather than soya, but i have to have the lactose free one and nobody makes it apart from Arla.

3. what is it with Victory Rolls? how come they're all in again? I love them lol!

4. my hubby keeps a darning needle in the car for his wiper nozzles.

5. I can't mend my favorite bra again. I think it's well and truly dead.

6. I wish someone would stop me in a station and ask me how much I pay for rail fares. I am a dependant of a rail employee so I get 75% off lol. unless I'm on a FGWR line. then I get it free muuuuuwahahahaha!

7. i can use the tile drilling tip for drilling plates to make cake stands!

Last edited:
8. 4 cans prince's tuna for under £2.50? she's shopping in make believe land.

Store_2.15px.png
£3.00
Store_3.15px.png
£6.99 £4.00 Valid until: 13/03/2012
Store_1.15px.png
£6.99

they have been on offer at sainsbury's at times for Princes tuna, plus there is pound land, home bargains that have savings on branded stuff.

programme dated 03/01/12. prince's tuna has not been £2.50 for 4 since last year's "2 for a fiver" at tesco in about november.

Farmfoods do the tuna for £3 although it was £2.50 recently I love Farmfoods for a bargain!!!!!! They hd light philidelphia at 2 for £1 this week! Excellent x

Farmfoods is a treck for me, can't wait till baby goes in big push chair so can pop along on bus to check out bargains along with Lidl next door, get in :)

Back