Scrumpers diary the revenge !!!!

Are kangarou steaks etc expensive there too?
I must admit that I'm finding this restart as easy as I knew it would be... this diet suits me down to the ground... leastwise two parts of it do ;)

<Real life can wait...>

Eggs are cheapest bulking out low carb thing I know...

If you're worried about "over-egging" the mix (see what I did there ;)...try some silken tofu - makes great substitute....

difficult to know what else to advise...seems Oz prices are different to here from what you've said....if it was UK I'd be advising chicken thighs and suchlike cheaper cuts...tinned fish is cheaper than fresh here a lot of the time...

cottage cheese depending on if you like it or not...

also noticed not a lot of baking on your menus...

baked egg custards
galettes
pancakes
muffins
dukan cake thing that folks were making before
flavoured quark/yoghurts/plain fromage frais
dukan cheeseburger pie thing always looked substantial - and with leftovers for other days...

hope this helps hun x

Last edited:
hi all

had a long talk to myself aftera weigh on the scales and im not going up any more ......
kangaroo steak cheap enough if you cook them right ...i think it will take me 10 weeks to get back to wedding weight so im on it ....if i over egg its less fats than the sweets and chocolate i threw down my neck ....prawns are cheap so im on the bigtime ...and beef is ok and the super market gives it away virtually at the right time of day ....chicken thighs ive found the super market bones them for you so im getting there !!!

im with you on the weight Jo ekkkkkk how did i get back there grrrrrr

oh as for the baking my shipping and kitchen stuff arrive friday so let the baking begin !!!

I usually find that the dairy causes me problems with weight loss too so I'm loath to hike that up unduly... but the old 'roo, prawns and steaks on the barbie sound great! (even if you have to hold a brolley thereover!)

I'm glad you braved the scales Tan. I have no idea how (or why!!) this happened to us (lol!), but it's motivating seeing the numbers come down now...

I just had lunch at a restaurant, choosing four protein ingredients (tiny salmon x 2 kebabs, chicken kebabs, + egg cos I couldn't find another Dukan friendly ingredient), with salad no dressing, and mixed steamed veggies which were rather bland, and I had to pick all the peas out!! No dessert. Water. Haaaa!
<dreaming of peas now... I like peas!>

morning all

feel motivated today ...got a training session in the pool later so not looking forward to cossy time ...had some beef last night was a corned silver side very strange and i think too much salt in it

menu today
b porridge and yogurt
l omelette
d home made chilli burgers

Have you met any Aussie dukaners yet Tan? "corned silver side" sounds like something which might come in a tin in the uk! haaaa! Still, we live and learn. For now, I'm sticking to the (original) French version of the diet, with no pork, but I see others on the forum having ham/bacon etc so it must work for some (cos I checked out food labels while at home and it's not easy!!). You'll get to know what you personally can and can't get away with, and salty things are probably better at lunchtime (says she who's having smoked salmon + scrambled eggs for her PP tea).

tastes like corned beef gone back to me eggs lol

I really hate corned beef! Love prawns though... and eggs! YUM!

morning ladies its 6.15 am and im up the kookaburras are right on itthis morning so wont get back to sleep now ...we have a friend coming tomorrow to stay for a couple of weeks , so I am going to clean today ........ the weather is really muggy a big storm is due and probably needed id say its already in the late 20s this morning

ok food today

b porridge and yogurt
l chilli mince
d chicken thighs not sure how yet though

found the ready made harleys jellys yesterday sadly not the sugar free ones going to have a word with the manager see if he will buy some in

Tan - why not ask a friend in the UK to post you off some sachets! (That's what I do when I get low!)

yep my friend posted me loads so ok for now
we had kangaroo burger which was ok the smell puts me off a bit ...the girl up the road cooked kangaroo steak the other day but she said it was tough ....will get some for the barby at the weekend

weather today is very muggy and we are due a massive storm and then rain all next week

aaah non stop rain will make you think you're back in Blighty lol! Rumour has it that things are going to cool down a little here, and blue skies will return with the chill. Here's hoping. We had a lovely day today... (lovely for winter, of course ;)).

OH made coffee flavoured flans today for the first time in ooooh a year probably! We thought we needed a little something extra for weekend snacks, even if it is dairy.

mm they sound nice

my shipping arrived today 32 boxes of not alot one fat skirt the rest 10 to 12 so i have no choice but to get back in shape lol

b......too busy packing naughty me
l burgers no roll ect on the beach
d ...... im going to make some muffins and maybe an omelette

dont feel as sluggish today
we have a friend over from england at the mo and i see alot of bbqs good for me !!!

food
b...2 x boiled eggs
l prawns
d roast chicken

Hello there Scrumps, it must be nice for you to have some friends there with you... BBQ is so good for Dukan! (but no easy to have when freezing cold here in France, alas!!).

Have you managed to get hold of oatbran? How far off are those size 12 trousers, do youu think? I'm wearing 12 tops, some 10s even actually, but my trouser sizes vary a lot I'm finding. Even those bought in the same shop! 14s are fine but unfortunately I don't have many!

Not quite two weeks back on this and wondering why I ever left the fold LOL!

Back