Scubadoo dives into LL for Men - Mini Blog

Well done Scubadoo!! As I was reading your negatives, I was thinking of replys, but you thought of them all already!! Stick with it - its just a blip of your life....and then the remaining life of yours will be full of health, energy and a sexy bod!

Just keep reminding yourself of all the positives - this is only temporary, and peoples judgment doen't matter!! What matters is you and your loved ones, and they won;t judge you.

Have a good night and keep up the very good work!!!!

scubadoo ..... sent you a rep ......but meant to put in it................ keep going ....it's a short time in your life xx

Good post there Scubadoo.... have to admit that I was worried though when I was reading the first bit :D

I think you hit the nail on the head about RTM, although dieting is not easy, keeping off is more difficult.

You are doing really well.

just read all your little blogs and they are really inspiring =]
really helped me to put things into perspective!
Keep going- and remember all the times you can go for a meal when this is over.
Look forward to the good times!
well done!
xx

Day 35 Update - 16.5kg down and 12.5kg to go...

Haven't posted for a while as things have ticked along nicely without anything recently of note.;)

Continue to use bio-oil and some exfoliation to prevent possible saggy skin. Think the real test for my skin will come as I lose the remaining weight :eek: Reasonably confident thought that it will not be too bad and bring back over the coming year.

My suits now look ri-dic-u-lous. One of them is single breasted and can be folded around to look double breasted (all it needs is the extra buttons :eek: ). People at work are stopping me in the hallways regularly asking if I am on a diet and I have to chuckle because the jacket 14cm too big for me gives things away somewhat.

Have started having the occasional dream where I break my diet. :cry:Though always relieved to wake and find this is not the case. Think that because the diet has been so successful so far I am almost scared of how different things will be and the fear of avoiding putting weight back on is now in the back of my mind. All the skeptics will be watching I'm sure which is just extra motivation.

Started putting clothes that are too large for me in the local charity bin. Is a very good feeling :cool: Will hold off buying new suits and clothes until late March when my weight has plateaued I figure. Not having the old clothes to go back to means I am consciously planning a slimmer life and I won't have a clothes safety net to fall back on if I am tempted to get lazy.

One thing that I am not impressed with is LL running out of the tasty bars. This really is not good enough for a commercial operation. Would have been better to have started not knowing there were nice flavours like raspberry and cranberry :mad:

So I have now been going 5 weeks and lost 16.5kg. What a result. I would be very pleased to somehow get under X0kg come the end of February although getting to X2kg will basically mean in the mornings I will break the X0kg level which mentally would be good enough ;)

Have things planned in March that means I will only lose 4kg or so over that period so think I will move into maintenance proper at the very start of April.

In the meantime continue to exercise and this seems to be helping muscle retention:whacky068:. Also trialled taking nurofen tablets when I had headaches recently and it made no difference to weight loss so add that to the myth of multi-vitamins capsules bumping you out of Ketosis.

Already planning my first scooby snac when I go into RTM. However, one step at a time....

Scubadoo, with a chin chinny chin or two now gone....
:missing:

Well done Scubadoo - must feel fabulous to have your clothes falling off you like that --- you're doing really well :)

Will be interesting to see how the final 4 weeks of abstinence go as apart from the first week I have consistently been losing 2.5kg (5lbs) a week (with a weigh in tomorrow night this again look about the figure).

Oh and I can't help, but weigh myself twice a day which I know is a no no :eek:

Bad Scooby!!! :whoopass::rotflmao::sign0151::silly:

Good luck tonight, dont forget to keep us informed.:)

Day 45 update - eat ya heart out Ian Thorpe!!

Went to the gym tonight and started swimming some lengths. Thought I would just keep going until I started to feel like stopping. Well it took 75 lengths before I felt like slowing down!!!:bliss: Unbelievable 1,500m non stop and could have kept going. Not bad for a fatty eh. Makes me think about the fact I haven't suddenly got fit in 45 days, it's my body letting me know that pulling almost 20kg ( 44lb s) less through the water makes a big difference.

Lets be frank, I am bored sh!tless with the food packs, but vanilla shakes are a godsend and at the end of the day they are working. Our LLC has run out of popular bar flavours again as LL can't seem to provide enough stock grrrrr :mad:

My nightly dreams of food have finally stopped :D . Know of a few guys that dropped out in weeks 4-5 so guess it must be the time where guys are most tempted to pack LL in. I think at that stage you have lost a few stone and are feeling better and just want some normal food, drink etc. Glad I got through the low point which lasted 7-10 days.

20kg gone, less than 10kg to go - woohoo I'm on the home stretch :cool:. Weird thing is I was watching Superskinny Versus SuperSize on t.v. and seeing all the fatty foods I used to eat made me feel like vomiting. Can only say that if I get back into the habit of fatty foods again I will have to force myself back into the habit so no excuses really.

General health wise I virtually never get headaches now which were quite regular previously (although not severe). Feel less pressure behind one of my eyes which I am sure is tied to lower blood pressure and my leg joints no longer ache.

Last but not least think I have given Coke and Diet Coke up forever - don't miss them at all. Taking the next step too and reducing my espresso consumption to one shot a day.

Get at it folks. Work through your respective lows and highs as it is worth it with even more satisfaction when you come out the other side.

Scubadoo

PS Saw some friends on the weekend and they joked about how that had been speaking to my very fat twin brother before Christmas and asked how he was...

Well done scubadoo you are doing really great.

Good to read your thoughts etc.
I started shortly after you and seem to be a little bit behind you.

Unfortunately I have a bit further to go!

I'm in week 6 and actually ordered my first 2 bars this week having stuck to soups & shakes rigidly until now. I hope they will get me through the boredom with the same foods all the time.

I now pretty much have just banana and vanilla shakes and tea is always a Thai Chilli with black pepper and tabasco. Still, before LL I could eat a chilli or curry every day anyway so I guess it is not that different!

Day 49 - Warning about potential LL side effect

Have now removed almost 22kg (48lbs) of my spare humvee tyre and noticed a side effect over the past week. Essentially, people who know me (particularly at work) are pulling me aside and asking concerningly if I have some sort of illness - read terminal illness !??!

Without the intention of offending the truly terminally ill this is very encouraging from two counts. The first that they have noticed my LL benefits and two that they are concerned in the first place. One thing I have registered loud and clear is you need to have a ready to go patter on how you have lost the weight and that losing it is easy, but I am focused on keeping it off come 12 months time (this is a really good way of avoiding naysayers getting into "you a going to put it all back on when you come off the diet" type conversations).

Whilst I am here I will mention I have been going to pubs regularly with friends and drinking bottled water. Friends of friends who do not know I am on the diet constantly offer to buy rounds of drinks and rather than offend them I have found it is easier to say either you are on antibiotics or a designated driver.

Mikey: Wouldn't worry too much about the differences in weight loss. It appears to be luck of the draw. There are guys in my group losing considerably less, but also several losing considerably more. Go figure:confused: as long as you get to your goal the rest is irrelevant in my view. I have a planned weekly loss that is lower than what I am achieving so am prepared for the inevitable weeks where nothing budges. Do stick at it as I think the LL way is worthwhile.

Cheers Scubadoo

PS A moment of silence for my 2 different sized suits and 2 considerably different sized belts that I have had to retire form active service as they are too big.:wave_cry:

Back