Second attemept...or is it fifth ;)

Well I'm back for another try, already started one diary on here a long time ago but life got in the way. Had a lot of bad news lately (3 people closest to be getting seriously ill) so been eating a lot of rubbish. Stepping on the scales depresses me even more though as everytime I do the number is creeping up......12st 11lb now, heaviest I've ever been. I think the next few months are going to be really tough, supporting everyone so not going to be too hard on myself if I do have an off day.

I'm writing my meal plan at the minute ready to go shopping tomorrow. Think I'll try and do a lot of things in the slow cooker so we don't need to rely on takeaways.........only time will tell, really hoping to lose a bit of this chub before christmas though. :rolleyes:

oooooh hello

I recognise you from "somewhere else" :p
I now have another place to lurk :D

I think you are amazing... still getting to grips with SW with so much on your plate *no pun intended* - But as you know - for you to be able to help and support everyone else through their problems -you need to be taking care of yourself too!!
If you get stuck with slow cooker recipes give me a yell and I will dig you some out..
I have every faith that you will shift some "chub" in time for xmas...
Have a great evening Mrs :D

Good luck addictedtocheese. Its so tough when the ones you love aren't well. The slow cooker is a good idea, I've only used mine twice, I want to do more in it I just have no idea where to start recipie wise. I'm also getting steamer as I love steamed veg.

I'm sure you'll get to where you want to be.

Vikki

Hi addictedtocheese (love the name btw!)

Well done for starting again, its something that I have done quite a few times now, and well done for planning meals and writing everything down, that really is the key to SW, planning ahead on everything so that you don't reach for the wrong thing because you haven't thought things through properly.

There are loads of slow cooker recipes on the SW site if you can access them without being a member, I'm not sure as I am very lucky in that my lovely friend who is doing SW very kindly lets me log in as her, what a lifesaver she is, but I believe that you can still access the recipes and so on plus there is a good recipe forum on here. Try out new things like tins of mixed bean salad and so on, or soup-based casseroles or light stews (minus the dumplings sadly!). There are loads of winter recipes to try out, in a way I prefer winter to summer as there are so many different vegetables to try out.

Good luck with the week x

Back